Remembering Chappelle's Show

''The greatest sketch comedy show of all time''... 

Reading is fundamental, buddy. I said ARGUABLY the greatest of all time. Obviously In Living Color, SNL, and other sketch comedy shows are up there as well but I think what makes this show special above those is that there never really was a filler episode. They were all amazing. And he went out on top, which is something that shows like Mad TV didn't quite do.

Originally Posted by did0

One of my favs has to be black bush so many quoteables

Reporter-"What about the ppl sayin your only intrested in the Middle East for its oil?"
Black Bush-"What?.....huh oil?.....who said sothimg about oil $#!#@ you cookin?" looks around baffeled then knocks over the water and dips
roll.gif

also "THE N____ TRIED TO KILL MAH FATHER"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Chappelle show will always be a classic in my book
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Black Head of CIA Ridiculous! Me and Jeb just coming back from Africa... 
Some Black Dude: The cradle of #$%^& civilization! 

Originally Posted by did0

One of my favs has to be black bush so many quoteables

Reporter-"What about the ppl sayin your only intrested in the Middle East for its oil?"
Black Bush-"What?.....huh oil?.....who said sothimg about oil $#!#@ you cookin?" looks around baffeled then knocks over the water and dips
roll.gif

also "THE N____ TRIED TO KILL MAH FATHER"
roll.gif
roll.gif

Chappelle show will always be a classic in my book
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Black Head of CIA Ridiculous! Me and Jeb just coming back from Africa... 
Some Black Dude: The cradle of #$%^& civilization! 

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

This is the only show I can say makes me sad because it's no longer around

What about Arrested Development? The Wire? Seinfeld?
Also, Chapelle's show was quoted to absolute DEATH at my high school. The worst was when the Lil' Jon skit came out, guys would be in the hallways yelling "OOOOKKKKKAAAAYYYY" or even in warmups before football games  
indifferent.gif
 I remember playing against a JV team my soph year that had these two linebackers that spoke fluent Lil' Jon throughout the game 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My favorite skit is definitely the Mad Real World though... there's about 3-4 really classic lines in there that make me howl

"My man Lysol fresh out the joint" 
roll.gif

Also, Chapelle's show was quoted to absolute DEATH at my high school. The worst was when the Lil' Jon skit came out, guys would be in the hallways yelling "OOOOKKKKKAAAAYYYY" or even in warmups before football games  
indifferent.gif
 I remember playing against a JV team my soph year that had these two linebackers that spoke fluent Lil' Jon throughout the game 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

My favorite skit is definitely the Mad Real World though... there's about 3-4 really classic lines in there that make me howl

roll.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
"For the entire period we are living together don't let me catch you standing up peeing. You sit down when you pee. Now get ya fat !@% outta here before I cut some bacon off your back"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
"For the entire period we are living together don't let me catch you standing up peeing. You sit down when you pee. Now get ya fat !@% outta here before I cut some bacon off your back"
laugh.gif

For those of you who liked the Charlie Murphy skits, here's ?uestlove's two cents:
not many of you know this but about 2 months after the show ended. writer neal brennen (he was the white guy who was partners with dave and in some of the skits---r kelly's trail and when the show was given to wayne brady) developed a new show based on the same chapelle characters. *@%@ was funny as hell.

it was called Charlie Vs Donell

the basic premise of the show was part "the amazing race" / part celebrity fit club/part the weakest link.

this was the plot.

team murphy and team rawlings would challenge each other for a new mission.
for the pilot team murphy (uncle ray ray, fruity, and 2 other murphs) and team rawlings (his brother and cousins) would scavenger hunt clues from the show's host mtv's sway.

the mission for the pilot was charl and don had to go to the apple store opening on the 5th ave and take a garage band class for 4 hours.

they then had to make 5 beats that they would shop to rappers.

then as a bonus they are instructed to make a dis record to each other (this was 2005 so dissing was really in) they were allowed to have a professional guide with them (i forget which rappers were chosen)

then there was ANOTHER bonus in which they were given $5000 to make a dis video that they had to direct and edit on their new macbooks. they can only use objects purchased with the budget (call this the Dogma95 ghetto challenge)

the funniest part was the warehouse in which they had to decide on C grade video +%%+ (stannnk!), vs Cristal Bottles, vs Rims, vs A grade video +%%+, vs a 15 min Bentley rental, vs a 15 min penthouse rental...

i swear keeping this pilot on my computer was one of the HARDEST @@$+% ever. i couldnt show brainchild.....sheeeeit i couldn't even show the roots.

but man. the *@%@ charlie came up with (he lost the first round) woulda been a pop culture mainstay and woulda elevated him to mega star level.

so when all was said and done they had charlie and donnell present the final products for the jury which consisted of just blaze, me, memph bleek, and rodney jerkins. we voted on video presentation, rhyme skills, and other categories.

once the winner is decided (in this case donnell) he is awarded 10,000 cash on the spot. but before he takes the cash he is given the option for

the keeping it wheel spin.

sway spins a game show wheel similar to wheel of fortune with a whole bunch of fear factoresque consequences separated by cash prizes. if the disgusting challenges are met (half gallon raw pork pickle juice milkshakes) then the 10k turns into 20k.

that is where the comedy really starts.

neal had amazing plans for the show including the genius show finale which woulda been a test of wills: both charlie and donnell would be thrown into a rikers island hole with neither side knowing when the other cries uncle and whoever can last the longest wins 100k.

comedy central rejected the pilot.

: (

For those of you who liked the Charlie Murphy skits, here's ?uestlove's two cents:
not many of you know this but about 2 months after the show ended. writer neal brennen (he was the white guy who was partners with dave and in some of the skits---r kelly's trail and when the show was given to wayne brady) developed a new show based on the same chapelle characters. *@%@ was funny as hell.

it was called Charlie Vs Donell

the basic premise of the show was part "the amazing race" / part celebrity fit club/part the weakest link.

this was the plot.

team murphy and team rawlings would challenge each other for a new mission.
for the pilot team murphy (uncle ray ray, fruity, and 2 other murphs) and team rawlings (his brother and cousins) would scavenger hunt clues from the show's host mtv's sway.

the mission for the pilot was charl and don had to go to the apple store opening on the 5th ave and take a garage band class for 4 hours.

they then had to make 5 beats that they would shop to rappers.

then as a bonus they are instructed to make a dis record to each other (this was 2005 so dissing was really in) they were allowed to have a professional guide with them (i forget which rappers were chosen)

then there was ANOTHER bonus in which they were given $5000 to make a dis video that they had to direct and edit on their new macbooks. they can only use objects purchased with the budget (call this the Dogma95 ghetto challenge)

the funniest part was the warehouse in which they had to decide on C grade video +%%+ (stannnk!), vs Cristal Bottles, vs Rims, vs A grade video +%%+, vs a 15 min Bentley rental, vs a 15 min penthouse rental...

i swear keeping this pilot on my computer was one of the HARDEST @@$+% ever. i couldnt show brainchild.....sheeeeit i couldn't even show the roots.

but man. the *@%@ charlie came up with (he lost the first round) woulda been a pop culture mainstay and woulda elevated him to mega star level.

so when all was said and done they had charlie and donnell present the final products for the jury which consisted of just blaze, me, memph bleek, and rodney jerkins. we voted on video presentation, rhyme skills, and other categories.

once the winner is decided (in this case donnell) he is awarded 10,000 cash on the spot. but before he takes the cash he is given the option for

the keeping it wheel spin.

sway spins a game show wheel similar to wheel of fortune with a whole bunch of fear factoresque consequences separated by cash prizes. if the disgusting challenges are met (half gallon raw pork pickle juice milkshakes) then the 10k turns into 20k.

that is where the comedy really starts.

neal had amazing plans for the show including the genius show finale which woulda been a test of wills: both charlie and donnell would be thrown into a rikers island hole with neither side knowing when the other cries uncle and whoever can last the longest wins 100k.

comedy central rejected the pilot.

: (

A few weeks ago I popped in the dvd's still as funny as if I was watching them for the first time.

I would of loved to see how dave would sketch current issues ie.. The Tiger Wood Scandal. My god that would of been hilarous

The Boondocks will be missed since this is the last season

A few weeks ago I popped in the dvd's still as funny as if I was watching them for the first time.

I would of loved to see how dave would sketch current issues ie.. The Tiger Wood Scandal. My god that would of been hilarous

The Boondocks will be missed since this is the last season

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

...love Dave to death, but this #!%# can't hold a candle to ''In Living Color.''

You're comparing what is essentially a ONE MAN SHOW to a full cast, in that alone you're losing..

As far as being able to carry a show on his own, this man gets the nod for BEST sketch comedy ever.

BEST COMEDY ever.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

...love Dave to death, but this #!%# can't hold a candle to ''In Living Color.''

You're comparing what is essentially a ONE MAN SHOW to a full cast, in that alone you're losing..

As far as being able to carry a show on his own, this man gets the nod for BEST sketch comedy ever.

BEST COMEDY ever.

Back
Top Bottom