Remembering the Sega Dreamcast and its loss to PS2 vol. released 10 years ago (9/9/99)

ready to rumble was fun as hell, jet set radio was amazing

too bad the ps2 completely crushed the dreamcast into sumbmission

My friend still has his, would play it all the time at his house
pimp.gif

No Support from EA: Those gamers looking for many of the popular games from Electronic Arts will be disappointed as EA did not support the Dreamcast after its disputes with Sega during the Saturn era.
dam, thats a pretty huge L, any info on how that started?

tired.gif
so ahead of its time. i was so upset when i no longer could rent gamesfrom block buster.
mad.gif

I've been wanting a Dreamcast for a while now. If they re-released a 10th Anniversary Edition for a decent price I would buy it no doubt.

i used to love my dreamcast soooo much. i had both when they came out and my ps2 got no love lol.

Originally Posted by nnarum

Xbox is the spiritual successor to Dreamcast
pimp.gif

I agree. Something about the 360 just has that DC feel to me.

I have some of my best gaming memories on the Dreamcast. The first time I palyed NBA2K I was stuck. Graphics, game play and controls blew me away.

Crazy Taxi was wild addictive.

Playing Quake online for the first time.

Skies of Arcadia was a funass RPG.

Powerstone 1 & 2 were unlike any other fighting game.

DC was the perfect console for 2D games. Sega always took pride in that. The 2D Capcom fighters on the DC were arcade perfect, the PS2 versions couldn'tcompare.

Shen Mue was the definition of epic.

Virtua Tennis is still one of the most fun sports games ever.

Resident Evil Code Veronica was probably my favorite game in the series. My aunt used to ask me to play just so that she could watch the storyline unfold.

Ferrari 355 challenge
pimp.gif

Playing that little virtual pet mini game for Sonic on the VMU.

Ready to Rumble

Outrunning that Killer Whale on the beach in Sonic Adventure for the first time
eek.gif

Jet Grind Radio was some totally other s_. One of the most fun and unique games I ever played.

Too many good memories.

I never had one but I remember electronic gaming monthly pumping that %+$! like it was the best thing ever...
Being a sony head %+$! had me tight
laugh.gif

All is not lost with the dreamcast you can always use the emulator. And even tho it died off in the usa they was still making games for it in japan etc... Lasti checked they had games still comming out in 2007. My one regret is that there will be no shemmue 3. The creater is done and do not wish to go into videogames. Sure someone could make a part 3 but the creater has the last episode of the series which is the ending of the story

I never got a Dreamcast. :[ I got a PS1 back in 1997 I believe. And I haven't looked back.

I did own a Sega Genesis and played it until it died on me.

Greatest system out at the time. If Sega had the proper funding who knows where they would be right now.

Back
Top Bottom