Republicans in Tennessee want to jail people for practicing Shari'a Law.

wait if this is true, why are they allowing international law or religion play a role in our justice system. If you're living in America, shouldn't you be bound to US law. So because of your religion, you get a pass? Also isn't there a system that says government and religion is separate. Someone chime in because this does not make sense.

wait if this is true, why are they allowing international law or religion play a role in our justice system. If you're living in America, shouldn't you be bound to US law. So because of your religion, you get a pass? Also isn't there a system that says government and religion is separate. Someone chime in because this does not make sense.

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

Christians
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Uhh NO. 
uhhh, yes.  Part of it might be political...but a huge part of this plays in to hatred towards other religions. 
grin.gif

same as assuming all muslims are terrorist?

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

so explain to me again where in sharia law it says a man can rape his wife? sharia law and the correct enforcement are 2 different things buddy. i would go on if i knew of these cases but honestly i can already tell from your justification ur close minded n not interested.

I'm not close minded, I'm NOT saying rape is allowed, I'm saying in many cases its not taken seriously.  I replied about how people are not going to be jailed for eating shellfish and not dressing properly, but in other situations like abuse or rape, the constitution should not be overruled by sharia law.

The thing is marital rape, like the case I used as an example, is not always in favor of the victim (wife), and a lot of the time don't even come forward about the rape.

Muhammad said: "If a husband calls his wife to his bed [i.e. to have sexual relation] and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning" (Bukhari 4.54.460).

He also said: "By him in Whose Hand lies my life, a woman can not carry out the right of her Lord, till she carries out the right of her husband. And if he asks her to surrender herself [to him for sexual intercourse] she should not refuse him even if she is on a camel's saddle" (Ibn Majah 1854).

Those in Tennessee throwing "terrorist" and "Terrorism" in this is wrong.  Sharia law has nothing to do with terrorism.

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

so explain to me again where in sharia law it says a man can rape his wife? sharia law and the correct enforcement are 2 different things buddy. i would go on if i knew of these cases but honestly i can already tell from your justification ur close minded n not interested.

I'm not close minded, I'm NOT saying rape is allowed, I'm saying in many cases its not taken seriously.  I replied about how people are not going to be jailed for eating shellfish and not dressing properly, but in other situations like abuse or rape, the constitution should not be overruled by sharia law.

The thing is marital rape, like the case I used as an example, is not always in favor of the victim (wife), and a lot of the time don't even come forward about the rape.

Muhammad said: "If a husband calls his wife to his bed [i.e. to have sexual relation] and she refuses and causes him to sleep in anger, the angels will curse her till morning" (Bukhari 4.54.460).

He also said: "By him in Whose Hand lies my life, a woman can not carry out the right of her Lord, till she carries out the right of her husband. And if he asks her to surrender herself [to him for sexual intercourse] she should not refuse him even if she is on a camel's saddle" (Ibn Majah 1854).

Those in Tennessee throwing "terrorist" and "Terrorism" in this is wrong.  Sharia law has nothing to do with terrorism.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Christians
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Uhh NO. 
uhhh, yes.  Part of it might be political...but a huge part of this plays in to hatred towards other religions. 
grin.gif

Christians WERE the terrorists though. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Christians
30t6p3b.gif

indifferent.gif

Uhh NO. 
grin.gif

Christians WERE the terrorists though. 
eyes.gif

[h2]What Is Shari'a Law?[/h2]
by Maria Bustillos on March 2nd, 2011

Noted-Islamic-scholar.jpg
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." —William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Last week, Tennessee State Sen. Bill Ketron (R-Murfreesboro) and state Rep. Judd Matheny (R-Tullahoma) followed Oklahoma's lead in attempting to outlaw sharia. Their idea is to make "knowingly providing material support or resources to a designated sharia organization, or attempting or conspiring to do so" a felony punishable by fifteen years' imprisonment. The Washington Postpublished the text of the proposed legislation. Therein it emerges that these hapless legislators do not have the faintest clue what it is they're outlawing.

Here's a bit of the proposed law, SB 1028:
(5) Sharia requires all its adherents to actively and passively support the replacement of America’s constitutional republic, including the representative government of this state with a political system based upon sharia.

Not even!
(6) Sharia in particular includes a war doctrine known as jihad, which is an organic, intrinsic and central feature of the laws and traditions of sharia due to a consensus among sharia authorities throughout the ages.

Also no!

Shari'a is not a single doctrine, but a huge and often self-contradictory moral, philosophical and religious tradition, much like that expressed in the authoritative texts of Christianity. "Jihad" means "struggle"—and it is, in fact, a central tenet of Islam—but for moderate Muslims it largely means the personal struggle to live a better, more peaceful, forgiving and unselfish life. "Islam" actually means "submission," and the kind of submission it generally seems to mean is like the Buddhist kind, a peaceful acceptance of things as they are.

In his book The Great Theft: Wrestling Islam from the Extremists, Khaled Abou El Fadl, a professor of Islamic jurisprudence at UCLA, explains about this kind of jihad, writing, "As one struggles to purify and cleanse oneself—as one engages in what is known as the inner jihad (jihad al-nafs), and struggles to know oneself and know God, one is able to achieve higher levels of submission."

But that won't stop Senator Ketron!
(1) “Sharia

[h2]What Is Shari'a Law?[/h2]
by Maria Bustillos on March 2nd, 2011

Noted-Islamic-scholar.jpg
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." —William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Last week, Tennessee State Sen. Bill Ketron (R-Murfreesboro) and state Rep. Judd Matheny (R-Tullahoma) followed Oklahoma's lead in attempting to outlaw sharia. Their idea is to make "knowingly providing material support or resources to a designated sharia organization, or attempting or conspiring to do so" a felony punishable by fifteen years' imprisonment. The Washington Postpublished the text of the proposed legislation. Therein it emerges that these hapless legislators do not have the faintest clue what it is they're outlawing.

Here's a bit of the proposed law, SB 1028:
(5) Sharia requires all its adherents to actively and passively support the replacement of America’s constitutional republic, including the representative government of this state with a political system based upon sharia.

Not even!
(6) Sharia in particular includes a war doctrine known as jihad, which is an organic, intrinsic and central feature of the laws and traditions of sharia due to a consensus among sharia authorities throughout the ages.

Also no!

Shari'a is not a single doctrine, but a huge and often self-contradictory moral, philosophical and religious tradition, much like that expressed in the authoritative texts of Christianity. "Jihad" means "struggle"—and it is, in fact, a central tenet of Islam—but for moderate Muslims it largely means the personal struggle to live a better, more peaceful, forgiving and unselfish life. "Islam" actually means "submission," and the kind of submission it generally seems to mean is like the Buddhist kind, a peaceful acceptance of things as they are.

In his book The Great Theft: Wrestling Islam from the Extremists, Khaled Abou El Fadl, a professor of Islamic jurisprudence at UCLA, explains about this kind of jihad, writing, "As one struggles to purify and cleanse oneself—as one engages in what is known as the inner jihad (jihad al-nafs), and struggles to know oneself and know God, one is able to achieve higher levels of submission."

But that won't stop Senator Ketron!
(1) “Sharia

Back
Top Bottom