Retro Of The 2003 Air Jordan 1 Black/Gold Patent Leather Coming Soon?

Just picked them up .. not bad in hand ...
54946B3D-6668-4A3B-92F4-89606D8244CA.jpeg

This has always been one of those pairs that look better on foot than in glamour shots or in hand. It’s sad a lot of people don’t realize this, and so some of the distaste the shoe gets is from that.

Just picked mine up from Finishline.

For my high end designer brahs they remind me of the YSL Rollin sneakers from about 10 years ago. Difference in those were about $400 retail vs these.

This has always been one of those pairs that look better on foot than in glamour shots or in hand. It’s sad a lot of people don’t realize this, and so some of the distaste the shoe gets is from that.

Might be some truth to this but this comes from not really liking these in '03 that much and wanting the 2013 pair more. But these are good winter/rain kicks and I don't even wear my fresh stuff in the rain.

Some disdain might also be from ppl's hesitation with patent leather and the Gold release from 2 years back.

haha nah I said I’m cool off these cuz I got gold toes then you gonna go post all 3 😫

Crying :lol: .. I think Gold Toes are better though. Much better! If you caught my post from a few days before I was saying I was going to pass for the same reason bro.. so I feel you!

Might be some truth to this but this comes from not really liking these in '03 that much and wanting the 2013 pair more. But these are good winter/rain kicks and I don't even wear my fresh stuff in the rain.

Some disdain might also be from ppl's hesitation with patent leather and the Gold release from 2 years back.

You make very valid points as well. The reactionsIve been seeing locally are from people that are like “oh that patent leather is too much/too flashy/idc for patent leather”. The latter is fine, but then these same people saying they’re “too much” are going ALL IN for releases like the J Balvin 1’s, or chunky dunks, tennis ball yeezys, ect; Like it’s hilarious to me.

Also, that 03’ mid went from being 20 dollar sales rack shoes, to a 650 dollar ultra-rare DS cop in the same decade Lol, I suspect the same will happen to these. Now I can sell my 2013’s and not feel bad at least. The white midsole never did do it for me on those.

To everyone who wanted and copped? Congrats enjoy.
To everyone who struck out? Cop for the low while you can.
To everyone who copped multiples? Congrats. We got a pair to rock. A pair to rock off ice, and some pairs to come up off big in a few years time. Black/gold patent 1’s ALWAYS inflate down the line. It’s just the trend at this point.

Man folks picked up multiple pairs I just need 1 lol
Just pay the 225 if all else fails baby, you know it’s better than what the market is gonna be later.

Every 1 inflates down the line

They do, look at storm blues now, but this colorway is ALWAYS a late inflater-“must cop”-“god, I regret passing on release!!!”
People always do this nonsense with this colorway or anything similar; It’s crazy to me.

like granted. I was a kid in 03’ butI witnessed dudes I looked up to tell me these were wack when I was wearing them as a jit for 20 dollars.
Then by 2010, I’m older, watching the same people I looked up to fork out 400-600 dollars for a deadstock pair. & their sizes didn’t change seeing as they were grown in 03. Like the logic is crazy to me.

Back
Top Bottom