Retro Of The 2003 Air Jordan 1 Black/Gold Patent Leather Coming Soon?

Da 03's & '20s

aside from minor details, like the patent leather tongue, andBostic getting hit with the QC issues JB & Nike are known for, I honestly think these are superior to the 03’ pair in every way they should be. Just my opinion tho. They got the gold right too. (When gold PL breaks in, it brightens, hence the MINOR color shade diff between the two pairs).

Last second buzzard beater W !

A new homie hooked me up with a pair from a shoe store he works at; sat em to the side for me :nthat:

All started from a friendly convo about my Fire Red IVs I won on shockdrop when I came in to browse the store like a week and a half ago

I feel like The Butcher when he made “The Plugs I Met” :pimp:
Damn, that was really nice of him. He probably wants something in return 😉

Were these released like 2-3 years ago as well? I remember it was really limited. Or was that a different black/gold?

Still think these are a distant 4th behind Gold Toes, Top 3's and 2013 JBC's.

JBC's above all tho

DB3D436B-F340-496B-A287-715D19B93646.jpeg
8F8BC1CD-8F20-4C5C-AC31-A7B65187ACBE.jpeg
3A679D07-0799-46DF-97C0-5A0EBF72532B.jpeg

Still think these are a distant 4th behind Gold Toes, Top 3's and 2013 JBC's.

JBC's above all tho

DB3D436B-F340-496B-A287-715D19B93646.jpeg
8F8BC1CD-8F20-4C5C-AC31-A7B65187ACBE.jpeg
3A679D07-0799-46DF-97C0-5A0EBF72532B.jpeg
See......top 3’s....and gold toes. Dope, but not my thing. I get Why people like them though. Even adore them.

the JBC’s.......the white midsole KILLS it for me, BUT, the Height/collar stitching along with the gold outsole....it’s just FIRE.

I personally prefer THESE, call it nostalgia, but if they woulda left the ankle top black, and gave these the black midsole with the JBC outsole instead? ON GOD, these woulda been THE black/gold pair to have for everybody. But maybe I’m trippin.
I guess what I’m tryna say is; visually, for me, if you blackout the upper. The white midsole just DOSENT do it for me, like, just keep the whole tuxedo look going and let the gold pop more, which is why a gold outsole on this new release woulda been pure flames.

But in retrospect, the JBC’s were a retro based on the F&F “mythical” pair from 85’. These new joints were the 03’s being given the OG Hi treatment. So I can respect the differences.

Last edited:
But in retrospect, the JBC’s were a retro based on the F&F “mythical” pair from 85’. These new joints were the 03’s being given the OG Hi treatment. So I can respect the differences.

There were 2 mythical pairs. These are a direct retro of the patent leather 85 F&F pair. Seems people have forgotten those as these keep being compared to the 2003 pair.

The JBC pair was a take on the other black/gold pair which was originally leather and obviously didn’t have the gold flake in the outsole. I believe it had a black outsole.

There were 2 mythical pairs. These are a direct retro of the patent leather 85 F&F pair. Seems people have forgotten those as these keep being compared to the 2003 pair.

The JBC pair was a take on the other black/gold pair which was originally leather and obviously didn’t have the gold flake in the outsole. I believe it had a black outsole.

This is all the way it right here. I saw the FnF pair YEARS ago in a pic with a guy holding them and literally forgot about them. I'm biased because I forgot but I dont blame some for it depending on your age range. They never even released :lol: . I thought it was based off of the '03's too but I think 03's mightve actually been the nod to the 85 and this was the full blown retro.

Top3s were obsolete after Gold Toes dropped, unless mixed matched shoes are your thing. The 2013 shape automatically takes them out the equation for me. These are much superior. Only ones I’d put over are the 2003s since the collar is black.

Top3s were obsolete after Gold Toes dropped, unless mixed matched shoes are your thing. The 2013 shape automatically takes them out the equation for me. These are much superior. Only ones I’d put over are the 2003s since the collar is black.
Facts

^ that’s the one I was talking about earlier that caused so much controversy. I think the guys name was Screech but forgive me if I’m mistaking one old member for another.

Back
Top Bottom