Retros: Would you rather have them true to the OG or better?

True . Add the "Nike Air" if possible otherwise leave the shoe as it is without changing anything else

Looks and colors should remain as close to the originals as possible.

With that said, if they can improve on the craftsmanship and materials I'd be all for it. For example, Nike can create a shoe which can now you your "fuel stats" thru a mobile device but they can't figure out how to stop the yellowing process on clear soled shoes. What's with that?

Paint chipping and crumbling over time still exists when I know there has been vast improvements on paints, foams and leathers since the 1980's.
I'd love to see a shoe with clear soles that don't yellow but I'll give JB a pass on that one.  It's pretty near impossible to prevent if you wear the shoes.  Dirt/UV damage and oxidation.  Happens to all rubber but it's only obvious if it's translucent.  As for the paint chipping, you see the same thing happening with cars.  Environmental regulations forced car manufacturers to use different paints that don't stick as well and chip much more easily.  Not saying that's what's happening here but newer doesn't always necessarily mean better. 

Issues, for me, are overall shape, poor quality workmanship, and poor quality materials.  I'd welcome some newer tech in the older retros but I'd settle for OG materials and execution.  It wouldn't really make sense for them to invest in those re-designs though since most people would still just use them for walking around and not for playing ball.
Scaled precisely to OG models. Hand picked/high grade garment material from Italy. No more + or extra colorways. Nike Air branding and OG Boxing. Bring back the OG clothing and accessories campaigns of that said Air Jordan model year. No more limited edition production numbers. Slap a 299.99 or 324.99 price tag on each shoe and im down. 
I'd gladly pay 3-400 for authentically executed retros but if they did this they'd be reselling for like $600 the day of release.

Scaled precisely to OG models. Hand picked/high grade garment material from Italy. No more + or extra colorways. Nike Air branding and OG Boxing. Bring back the OG clothing and accessories campaigns of that said Air Jordan model year. No more limited edition production numbers. Slap a 299.99 or 324.99 price tag on each shoe and im down. 

worst idea ever.

If they are gonna do it, do it right. No short cuts. Nothing bothers me more then seeing a classic Jordan butchered.

So my question is:  would you guys be opposed to or support having retros that are superior to the originals?  Maybe not primarily design wise, but in ways such as craftsmanship, materials etc.

Example:  like the Alpha 1s, but aesthetically more similar to the OG.  I'm pretty sure JB could have done a better job.  They could have made the shoes look exactly like the OGs while coming equipped with modern zoom air technology.  However that wasn't the case.  The Alpha 1s are much more bulky.  

honestly, i would be far more excited about an alpha line than I would be for the retro line. i love the alpha 1.

Zoom air was gods gift to me. gimme some og look zooms (i know for sure 12 have em) and theyre copped!!!!!!

THIS!!!!!!

I think they could put premium materials and nike tech into the shoe without changing how they look AT ALL. For example, zoom air in jordan 1s or 2s - kind of like SBs. Also I agree with the using high quality leather. I'd have no problem with a higher price if they were high quality, comfortable shoes.

Zoom air was gods gift to me. gimme some og look zooms (i know for sure 12 have em) and theyre copped!!!!!!

same here. i love zoom. so happy i bought bulk zoom insoles when the high quality ones were in circulation. nearly all my pre-xi's have zoom in them. :smokin:smokin:smokin

I wish they would release a true black/infrared....I want the true color and the leather like material on the back. It can have the suede from the 2010 or durabuck from the 2000 on the front....

I imagine a brand new OG Infrared with yellowing and crumbling......:nthat:

I wish they would release a true black/infrared....I want the true color and the leather like material on the back. It can have the suede from the 2010 or durabuck from the 2000 on the front....
I imagine a brand new OG Infrared with yellowing and crumbling......:nthat:

originals were dura both front and back.

Back
Top Bottom