Return of the NikeTalk Fitted Cap. Help us decide our size distribution and order quantities!

What fitted cap size are you MOST interested in?

• 6 7/8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 7 1/8

• 7 1/4

• 7 3/8

• 7 1/2

• 7 5/8

• 7 3/4

• 7 7/8

• I don't really want a hat, I just wanted to click something.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Methodical Management  :
Last time around, I invited everyone who missed out to send me their sizing information so we could take it into account the next time around.  I received maybe 30 messages about it.  We have 144 more caps this time.  
I think I was one of those 30.  Although I'm certain you no longer have access to those PMs.  Or do you?  
nerd.gif

Enh, I'll try my best to get one this time around.  If I don't score, whatever--I have much bigger things to worry about these days.  

If I do get through though, hopefully my order won't get canceled this time.  
mean.gif

Method man, I think you're falsly assuming that people that want this hat are exclusively posting here or are accounted for in the poll. I know a lot of OG NT heads that don't even post anymore that heard about this hat through word of mouth. The fact that there's so little people willing to even sell the hat is the reason why they sell for more. I really did trade a pair if true blue 3's for mine and paid $80 for the other hat. Would I have liked the money to go to charity ? Of course. But do I regret copping a hat that represents a large part of my life and network? Nope.

Last edited:
The first time around I was standing in line for Royal foams... I hope I don't miss out again.. 7 5/8 please be mine..

I was gonna comment on this but I figured you'd hit it anyways. but I guess the tiered donation system would probably be better. cuz as you said the e-commerece federal laws along with gming commissions from multiple states probably puts some unneeded heat/attention on NT for what is supposed to be charity. even though everyone who wants a hat won't be able to get one, it's still cool that they're being brought back.
And, let's not forget, the potential exists for future runs.  

There seems to be a bit of an expectation gap here, and I suspect that the nature of the offering has a lot to do with it.  Money is often considered the universal motivator.  From that standpoint, I can understand why someone would expect it to be easy to make as many of a product as the market could possibly bear.  Why wouldn't businesses that sells caps want to sell as many of these as humanly possible?  More money, right?  

Well, keep in mind that we're trying to do this for charity.  Nobody here at NikeTalk will see a penny from this.  (It's more likely that it'll cost me money.)  Good luck convincing anybody else to tackle all the logistics of releasing and shipping these when, by nature, it can't possibly offer the same profit margin as other merchandise.  

288 isn't a dream come true, but it's TWICE what we offered last time - and only a couple of dozen people at the time wrote in about missing out.
Method man, I think you're falsly assuming that people that want this hat are exclusively posting here or are accounted for in the poll. I know a lot of OG NT heads that don't even post anynotd that heard about this hat through word of mouth. The fact that there's so little people willing to even sell the hat is the reason why they sell for more. I really did trade a pair if true blue 3's for mine and paid $80 for the other hat. Would I have liked the money to go to charity ? Of course. But do I regret copping a hat that represents a large part of my life and network? Nope.
And you're assuming that all of those people will see the cap signal and flock to the order page the very moment they're released.  Are there people who didn't vote in our poll who want a cap?  Sure.  Are there people who DID vote in the poll who won't even TRY to order a cap?  Yes.  

It's an imprecise science.  The difference is: you're basing your expectations on limited release sneakers.  We're basing ours on what actually happened with the last cap release and other NT gear.  Big difference.  You were one of the few who wrote in after missing out on the last release, and those requests are the reason why we were so intent on scaling up this time around.  We ordered as many as we could.  Ultimately, we doubled production.  That's not bad.

We've got some ideas on how to offer a limited pre-order, of sorts, for contributors to an upcoming donation drive.  It'll be a good solution for those who don't want to chance the general release and it'll help us raise more money for a great cause.  It's not a done deal yet, but everything's lining up fairly well so far and there are only a few potential obstacles left to clear. 

Will the pre-orders come cheap, if offered?  No.  eCapCity's system can't handle pre-orders, so we'd need to do it all by hand - and it may even require us to incur additional shipping costs for separate pre-order processing.  But, unlike resale, the money would go straight to charity and you certainly wouldn't have to trade a $130+ sneaker for it. 

The truth of the matter is that we're doing everything in our power to make this release EASIER to purchase than the previous offering.  Double the first run.  Limited pre-order potential.  The door is open for additional runs later.   

Can you give us an official launch date yet?
Not yet.  Until they're out of production, I can't rule out the possibility of delays.  I don't want to assign a release date arbitrarily.

Once the order is filled, we can figure out what makes the most sense from there.  

Bump update?

Subbed, really wanna be lucky and get a hat this time

EDIT: read a decent amount of the posts including the last update from Meth. Instead of "raffles" or having people vote on sizes, maybe next time (please please let there be another) we could do a "group buy" like a lot of car/truck forums do. Someone will contact say Rigid Industries and will ask about doing a possible group buy for an internet forum. Then they'll sometimes agree and say if you get 15 people you get X amount off. 25 is X amount off. So on and so on. Basically theres a "limit" as there has to be for this to work. Say 244 is the limit, then post the thread and members will pay for the item along with size up front, once the limit is reached then start production. Or maybe even something like limit of 244 by December 1, if that 244 is full before that date, then whatever else is ordered after is just a plus, but the date is Dec 1 no exceptions. OBVIOUSLY this has a lot more strain on the company that is basically doing the work for free and whoever is heading this up, AKA Meth. There are many many moving parts and you're not going to make everyone happy. 

We just need to be glad that Meth is nice enough to put this together and that the company is nice enough to do it again as well

Personally I do not care when the item shows up, especially for something like this when it is for a great cause. Just trying to throw some ideas, not wanting to stir the pot anymore than it has been

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom