Richard Sherman vs Skip Bayless

I watch First Take alot. Not gon lie but their stupidity at times makes the show either entertaining or unbearable. Like the time that Skip said Tyson Chandler has a good post game LMFAO. I nearly lost it when and I heard that lol. And :lol: :smh: at Sherman

The ironic part is the more it's discussed the more both of these men are winning.

This is exactly what Skip works so hard to accomplish. He doesn't care about whether he "won" against Sherman. He just wants people to talk about it, period.

We all just gave him an extra check to cash.
Same goes for the rest of the Internet, especially twitter.

Skip for sure chillin with a troll face in his crib right now.

:lol: I finally watched the entire thing.

Skip had Zero facts on the comeback :lol: Sherm asked him for some and he couldnt give a single one.

My God

"Skip Won" :lol: :lol:
That's what I'm saying.. how are these people saying Skip "won"?

I'm not gonna say either side "won", but from where I'm standing Skip got called the **** out, period. I've never heard anyone go on the show and call him out to his face like that.

The internet (and our culture as a whole) breeds and attracts negativity. So it's no surprise to me that Skip Bayless, a clearly negative media figure, is being championed in this thread. Since when is it a good look for someone to make a whole career off of being negative? Skip capitalizes off the fact that most people in our society are base simpletons who are addicted to negativity and conflict.

Last edited:
I just keep thinking about the Jay-Z line from Takeover...

A wise man told me don't argue with fools, cause people from a distance can't tell who is who...

EVERYONE knows Skip's M.O. First take is the lowest common denominator on ESPN. It's the WSHH of that network. Skip Bayless PURPOSELY goes against the grain to garner attention for his show. I mean, why do this to yourself if you're Sherman? TO ME, he didn't come off looking any better after his segment.

We ain't winning no superbowls with Carson, but I don't have to tell you that. You should know all about not winning superbowls...

What's also interesting is why so many people are mad about First Take.
Why does it Rustle So Many Jimmies?

It's sports entertainment. The serious debate table is at the PTI studios. and even they loosen up and joke around from time to time.

First Take is all about entertainment. Sprinkled in with some good information here and there.

If you don't like it, don't watch. But I don't get why its so "HORRIBLE."

We all knew that WCW and WWF were fake but we still tuned in for the entertainment as kids. We were all glued in to see The Rock perform his one-liners.

This is similar, except they discuss the sports and topics that are relavant. People obviously find Skips act entertaining, thus why millions tune in.

As much hate as Stephen A. gets, the guy knows his basketball. You can tell if you just listen to him analyze the game. His yelling is annoying at times, but the content of his words are pretty damn interesting.

I listen to the First Take podcast everyday, its a fun 90 minute listen while im taking care of some busy work during my day.
Skip says a whole lotta annoying things everyday, but i still tune in. Its entertaining. I dont think its the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it passes some time by during the middle of the day while I take care of other things.
That's what its meant to be, entertainment. nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:
We ain't winning no superbowls with Carson, but I don't have to tell you that. You should know all about not winning superbowls...
Glad you finally saw the light and can openly and honestly admit that your team is going nowhere with Carson.  Personally I think you guys should call Jamarcus Russell up and give him another try, then you guys can be reunited like Peaches & Herb.  Both parties deserve each other in more ways than one.

As for your second comment, you are loud and wrong.  We don't know about not winning superbowls.  Superbowls as you put it, meaning plural champ.  Not to worry though, you gave it your best effort (although it wasn't much) and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Did first take used to be called cold pizza? I never watch it but looks like I might have to set my DVR

Did first take used to be called cold pizza? I never watch it but looks like I might have to set my DVR
Wow its been a long time but I believe that it was. And it was skip and that other guy whose always on around the horn....Woody Paige if I'm not mistaken

Last edited:
As for your second comment, you are loud and wrong.  We don't know about not winning superbowls. 

Guess February 3 didn't happen...
Guess I must've dreamed it in my head...
Guess you're right...

YOU don't know anything about losing superbowls...

BUT...

Frank Gore does.

"I just feel like we were the better team," Gore repeated. "They got away with one today. It's tough. This is tough."

Yes. Cold Pizza was the entire morning show though with Skip and Woddy as only a segment of this. I guess they realized that the 1st and 10 segment was the only thing people really looked forward too so they cut out most everything else and now it's the focus (don't watch anymore so not entirely sure of the show's structure).

I thought it was a fresh idea back in the day because it was fun, goofy, and different. Once it became the main deal then you noticed how overboard it became and it lost me.

Last edited:
YOU don't know anything about losing superbowls...
There you go champ, now your starting to get it.  Like I said, you tried to the best of your ability, sure it wasn't good enough but you made the most out of a bad situation for yourself.  Now all that's left to do is call up Jamarcus Russell and let the chips fall where they may. 

What was Frank talking about?
I'll post my reply one more time since you didn't get it the first go round.....................

"you are loud and wrong.  We don't know about not winning superbowls Superbowls as you put it, meaning plural champ.  Not to worry though, you gave it your best effort (although it wasn't much) and that's all that matters."

[h2]plu·ral[/h2][ploo
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
r-uh
thinsp.png
thinsp.png
l] Show IPA

adjective
consisting of, containing, or pertaining to more than one.

pertaining to or involving a plurality  of persons or things.

being one of such a plurality.

Grammar . noting or pertaining to a member of the category of number, found in many languages, indicating that a word  has more than one referent, as in English men,  or more than two referents, as in Old English ge,  meaning “you.”

Superbowls, meaning more than one.  We only lost 1 Superbowl in our history.  YOU (AG 47) wrote the word "superbowls". 

I feel as if most people who hate skip bayless are the people who's favorite player is one of the players he is bashing for one reason or the other. (Most people). He never said sherman was bad, he just said he wasnt in revis's class, (which he isnt). I like sherman, dude has alot of potential and did really good last year, he stilll has more to prove though, and he "lost" because he got way to personal. People forget that skip does know what he is talking about, so when an athlete calls him out, he usually makes them look like fools, and stephen A knows it. (see sherman, suggs, mark cuban, etc)

I feel as if most people who hate skip bayless are the people who's favorite player is one of the players he is bashing for one reason or the other. (Most people). He never said sherman was bad, he just said he wasnt in revis's class, (which he isnt). I like sherman, dude has alot of potential and did really good last year, he stilll has more to prove though, and he "lost" because he got way to personal. People forget that skip does know what he is talking about, so when an athlete calls him out, he usually makes them look like fools, and stephen A knows it. (see sherman, suggs, mark cuban, etc)

:stoneface: Sherman isn't in his class? Ok only first team all pro. What higher class do you get papi?

Oh. So you do remember February 3rd. Thought for a second that blackout wasn't just on the field, but in your head too. Glad you cleared that up for me...you know how you can be.

:stoneface: Sherman isn't in his class? Ok only first team all pro. What higher class do you get papi?

I'm sayin!!

Dude has stats no other DB in NFL history has recorded, and he's not in the same class?

First team all pro, thats great, I like sherman, but other than revis, how many straight lock down corners do you know? Their are some really good ones, not lockdown like revis. I wouldnt give you an argument if you wanted to say he was the 2nd best cb in the league, but guess what, Revis was hurt, so by all means he deserved the 1st team all pro. Revis is in a class of his own, The guy is the LeBron of corner backs. Give Sherman some time but dont be throwing his name in the same sentence as revis.

Oh. So you do remember February 3rd. Thought for a second that blackout wasn't just on the field, but in your head too. Glad you cleared that up for me...you know how you can be.
You know I got no problem with folks being wrong, but at least own up to YOUR mistake and be appreciative that someone is trying to help you instead of trying to save face.  We are helpers one another, but when you continue to not admit you were wrong from the get go with your previous statement you strike me as very unappreciative and most importantly ungrateful as a person.  That type of attitude and spirit is not needed. 

I don't mind helping folks out and showing folks like you and others the error in their ways, but a simple "thank you" and or correction on your end would do wonders and suffice.  Instead what do YOU do, you walk around like a blind man unable to guide anyone and just throwing anything at the wall in an attempt to make it stick.  Such an ingrate.

First team all pro, thats great, I like sherman, but other than revis, how many straight lock down corners do you know? Their are some really good ones, not lockdown like revis. I wouldnt give you an argument if you wanted to say he was the 2nd best cb in the league, but guess what, Revis was hurt, so by all means he deserved the 1st team all pro. Revis is in a class of his own, The guy is the LeBron of corner backs. Give Sherman some time but dont be throwing his name in the same sentence as revis.

Just like Sherman said. His season stats look like revis career numbers. Plus Sherman gets it done on special teams. Revis is good but gets beat a lot by bigger dudes.

Back
Top Bottom