Rick Ross - Trilla

Lil Wayne Aint Slick He Spit The Same Verse On That Choppin O's Song By 334 MOBB

Originally Posted by duckfan35

01 02:54 Trilla Intro
pimp.gif

Interesting to waste a whole track just shouting out names, but the bass slaps the trunk

02 04:02 All I Have In This World (featuring Mannie Fresh)
ohwell.gif

Kinda weak, really bad hook, beat not that interesting

03 03:46 The Boss (featuring T-Pain)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Could bumb this while sipping on a jack/coke, but doesn't really stand out in the spectrum of T-Pain songs

04 03:25 Speedin' (featuring R. Kelly)
indifferent.gif

Why did they change the hook on the album version. This song was already wayyyyy old, but now they just ruined it

05 03:57 We Shinin'
smokin.gif
grin.gif

Just ok, but makes me realize Ross needs to stop boasting about things he no longer sells.

06 03:31 Money Make Me Come (featuring EbonyLove)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This is some fire right here. Let it play in the whip.

07 01:29 DJ Khaled Interlude
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

No comment besides the fact you should delete this "track" as soon as you d/l the album

08 04:25 This Is The Life (featuring Trey Songz)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nice celebration record right here. Glad to hear a R&B hook with no vocoder included

09 03:47 This Me
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

One of the outstanding tracks on the album. Makes me think that the quality of a Ross track is directly correlated with the producer/beat (DJ Toomp here)

10 03:30 Here I Am (featuring Nelly & Avery Storm)
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

%#! is this?..............maybe it will grow on me, but for now, I can't really believe this made the album.

11 04:08 Maybach Music (featuring Jay-Z)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Best song on the album. Why couldn't the rest of the joint be this epic? "close ya eyes and inhale the smoke, this Maybach Music the realest %$&* i wrote"
IMO a great Jay-Z guest verse as well

12 04:12 Billionaire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Gave me the thought that this entire album should have produced by J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League

13 04:44 Luxury Tax (featuring Lil' Wayne, Young Jeezy & Trick
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A rare guest appearance by Wayne where he doesn't sound coked-out. Jeezy verse is appreciated as well. Another J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League production

14 04:17 Reppin' My City (featuring Triple C & Brisco)
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Nice, funky beat, Chopped/Screwed hook. Sounds interestingly similar to the posse cut on Port of Miami.

15 03:38 I'm Only Human (featuring Rodney)
ohwell.gif

Not that interesting, memorable

Overall, my inital response is to give this album 2/5. After reading a Mixtape Monday article last year where Ross claimed he was getting Andre 3000, Dr Dre, etc, this album is a HUGE letdown in that respect. It makes it even worse to hear all the songs that didnt make the cut (Get Love Too, Criminal Minded, Street Money, etc). Coming from a thorough Rick Ross fan, im am greatly dissapointed.

Disclaimer: I was not
pimp.gif
while making my first listen today, so maybe that could increase the enjoyment of this album

Will be at Best Buy Tuesday....
pimp.gif

Oh my GOD...i'm HEATED!!!!!

What the *$#***@ HELL!!?!!?! NO Criminal Minded. I was waiting for this piece of shoe album JUST for a CD quality of that song.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

can't wait to listen
pimp.gif

i was a rick ross hater at first. My suite mates would play Port of Miami front to back from August to May
smh.gif
. It recently grew on me and now ross is
pimp.gif
tome

305 in my YA-YOO

whats good haiti!

whats good with Criminal Minded feat. Akon? Plus.. Street Money isn't on there.

Missing songs by my count:

(Way Mo) Trilla - Produced by Cool and Dre
pimp.gif

Shot to the Heart
pimp.gif

Cry
pimp.gif

Sunglasses (ft Blood Raw)
pimp.gif

Get Love - produced by the Runners
pimp.gif

Street Money (Ft Flo-Rida)
pimp.gif

Criminal Minded (ft Akon)
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Drought (ft Lil Jon and Mannie Fresh)
Business Man (ft Junior Reid)
Children's Story

strange absences to say the least
indifferent.gif

I'm dissapointed to see Children's Story, Shot To the Heart, Cry, Criminal Minded and Trilla not make the album. Those were hot songs. With theexception of Trilla it showed he can rap without talkin' about how much bread he has or white he's sold.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I'm dissapointed to see Children's Story, Shot To the Heart, Cry, Criminal Minded and Trilla not make the album. Those were hot songs. With the exception of Trilla it showed he can rap without talkin' about how much bread he has or white he's sold.

Isn't that what rappers do though? Rap about what they do or did? And he's a heroin man..
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Originally Posted by rocyaice

I'm dissapointed to see Children's Story, Shot To the Heart, Cry, Criminal Minded and Trilla not make the album. Those were hot songs. With the exception of Trilla it showed he can rap without talkin' about how much bread he has or white he's sold.

Isn't that what rappers do though? Rap about what they do or did? And he's a heroin man..
pimp.gif

Man that dude ain't sold $%*. If he did he'd be locked up with all these hip hop cops out here. I been a Ross fan pre-Port of Miami so i'm nota hater i'm just speakin' real. But i'm not knockin' him for his drug talk. That's coo. It works for him. I'm just sayin' thosesongs showed he can rap about other topics.

He better throw them tracks on the Carol City Album or someone better make a Bonus CD out of them #$$!*.

laugh.gif
@ Avery Storm the hell he been?

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i cant front

i never heard any rick ross albums only singles they play.

Port Of Miami is the truth....i think that got the 2nd longest run in the cd changer since Jeezy TM101 ...joint aint move a spot in like a year
laugh.gif

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
pimp.gif

mannie fresh fell the %%%* off... this dude is like the black dj khaled to me now...

why does the beat for reppin my city sound like he tried to put his lil deaf cousin on... sample off beat and $%%+... and this last song sound like some olgospel type...

This Is The Life
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

best joint on the album, watch this song take off
pimp.gif

however that Criminal Mind song alone ownz this entire album, why he took it off
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

i ono, album could have been better, like it gives me this feeling like "is this really the official album?"
nerd.gif

or maybe i need to feel it out in the whip
nerd.gif
take it for a ride soon

Street Money been out since like Nov.....he had plenty of room though cause the cd is 55 mins.

Yooooo if ANYONE has Billionaire or This is the life uploaded on their myspace...link me....

I been tryna get them up but Myspace been tightening up the infringement uploading like a motha.

I'm really tryna get one of those bumping on the page.

Back
Top Bottom