RICKY RUBIO TO JOIN MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

^Well I am happy for you. Its always good to be excited for something especially when the team's outlook has been pretty dark lately.

However, I disagree with Calderon's floor. The difference is that Calderon is a decent shooter who puts up great FG%. Rubio does not. He'll be getting the Rondo treatment.

^Well I am happy for you. Its always good to be excited for something especially when the team's outlook has been pretty dark lately.

However, I disagree with Calderon's floor. The difference is that Calderon is a decent shooter who puts up great FG%. Rubio does not. He'll be getting the Rondo treatment.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

The difference is that Calderon is a decent shooter who puts up great FG%. Rubio does not. He'll be getting the Rondo treatment.
Rubio would love to have the Rondo treatment if he had the same guys to dish off to that Rondo does. He won't have that luxury unless a serious perimeter shooter emerges. Johnson is overrated from the perimeter, and Webster is too inconsistent. And playing Rubio with Ridnour you lose too much size. Wolves need to make some moves for perimeter shooters if they plan on giving Rubio major minutes.

The difference is that Calderon is a decent shooter who puts up great FG%. Rubio does not. He'll be getting the Rondo treatment.
Rubio would love to have the Rondo treatment if he had the same guys to dish off to that Rondo does. He won't have that luxury unless a serious perimeter shooter emerges. Johnson is overrated from the perimeter, and Webster is too inconsistent. And playing Rubio with Ridnour you lose too much size. Wolves need to make some moves for perimeter shooters if they plan on giving Rubio major minutes.

Yes he definitely needs to work on his shooting. His God-given talent is passing but with NBA coaching I'm sure he'll be able to at least improve to an adequate shooter. It'll be a a year or 2 before we see anywhere near what he'll develop into so I hope people don't write him off right away. NT likes to do that tho...

Yes he definitely needs to work on his shooting. His God-given talent is passing but with NBA coaching I'm sure he'll be able to at least improve to an adequate shooter. It'll be a a year or 2 before we see anywhere near what he'll develop into so I hope people don't write him off right away. NT likes to do that tho...

Yeah we really do need a SG I'm hoping for Brooks or Burks or better yet an established guy via trade or FA.

Yeah we really do need a SG I'm hoping for Brooks or Burks or better yet an established guy via trade or FA.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

True, a couple months ago I posted that Rubio's upside is Rondo's IF he is on a good team.

Originally Posted by SaintVitus07

True, a couple months ago I posted that Rubio's upside is Rondo's IF he is on a good team.

Originally Posted by Shady4Life

I'll give you Thabo Sefalosha for Anthony Randolph. And
laugh.gif
at Calderon as a comparitive DOWNSIDE, dudes are really underrating Calderon. More like Antoine Rig'a'deau or that one Spanish guy who used to always shoot those girly floaters.

laugh.gif
at Calderon as a comparitive DOWNSIDE, dudes are really underrating Calderon. More like Antoine Rig'a'deau or that one Spanish guy who used to always shoot those girly floaters.

Rondo is a tough guy, Carlos Arroyo is a tough guy, Brandon Jennings is a tough guy, (insert current NBA player Rubio comparison) is a tough guy. Is Rubio a tough guy? I haven't seen much of dude play so I can't really judge, but he looks like he has such a soft mentality which is a HUGE factor for players coming into the league, especially Euro players.

Rondo is a tough guy, Carlos Arroyo is a tough guy, Brandon Jennings is a tough guy, (insert current NBA player Rubio comparison) is a tough guy. Is Rubio a tough guy? I haven't seen much of dude play so I can't really judge, but he looks like he has such a soft mentality which is a HUGE factor for players coming into the league, especially Euro players.

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

laugh.gif
Juan Carlos Navarro is/was a scorer though.

Raul Lopez.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom