Riley Cooper is a FOOL!

No... there is no difference.

I'll use myself as an example and others can bare witness to this. Let's take words that end with an "er" (teacher,preacher,brother, etc)... now... I usually don't stress the "er" at the end of these words so they come out sounding like "teacha","preacha","brotha" and so on. Just because I don't pronounce the "er" doesn't mean that those words don't mean what they mean.

Lol dude you didn't really just use that as your example

There is a difference when some African Americans have no problem with it when it has an A but

NO African American is accepting of the ER form

There is a difference

Last edited:

I'll use myself as an example and others can bare witness to this. Let's take words that end with an "er" (teacher,preacher,brother, etc)... now... I usually don't stress the "er" at the end of these words so they come out sounding like "teacha","preacha","brotha" and so on. Just because I don't pronounce the "er" doesn't mean that those words don't mean what they mean.
I get what you are saying, but your example - TERRIBLE!

For me there isn't an OUNCE of positivity in that word and I don't give a damn what these spaghetti head fools in this thread (or in our everyday lives) say. It is NOT a term of endearment but one of destruction (

Last edited:
Do you live under a rock? How do you not know that there is a difference between ER and A?

Wait what? Your a black dude that parts your lips to call people the n word in a derogatory manner? Oh ok, thats defintely acceptable.

I agree with Stillin, and disagree with magic. I feel there is a difference between the context of those two seperate terms.

There have been derogatory racial epithets that have been ameliorated into terms of endearment. There is a term for the Polish that doesnt even resonate poorly with polish people among themselves anymore. It is possible, but I feel as if black people as a whole should agree wether or not to use it (something that wont be happening anytime soon). Until then all non whites(including latinos) shouldnt be using the term.

Telling non black people that they can not speak for blacks folks while simultaneously speaking for all black people in itself is erroneous. And yes, I am black and yes I do disagree with you.
nerd.gif
roll.gif
what you did there, I see!

The way you pronouce a term is mutually exclusive from its context. Anyone usuing ER should be deemed offensive. But just because some uses the A ending doesnt mean that they aren't racist. They may very well be speaking from a dialect native to their region while having malicious intent.

Context is a major factor in this.

I'll use myself as an example and others can bear witness to this. Let's take words that end with an "er" (teacher,preacher,brother, etc)... now... I usually don't stress the "er" at the end of these words so they come out sounding like "teacha","preacha","brotha" and so on. Just because I don't pronounce the "er" doesn't mean that those words don't mean what they mean.

Last edited:
CONTEXT AND INTENT CONTEXT AND INTENT CONTEXT AND INTENT

So if Riley Cooper said, NINJA, I guess its ok because its not the actual word right?

What if I decided today to make a random word... lets say Kite... equivalent to the N word? And you guys were aware of it. And I used it in a negative manner i.e. Kites hate the beach. I guess its ok because its not the actual N-ER,N-A being said right?

Reactions: ASE
CONTEXT AND INTENT CONTEXT AND INTENT CONTEXT AND INTENT

So if Riley Cooper said, NINJA, I guess its ok because its not the actual word right?

What if I decided today to make a random word... lets say Kite... equivalent to the N word? And you guys were aware of it. And I used it in a negative manner i.e. Kites hate the beach. I guess its ok because its not the actual N-ER,N-A being said right?

Are you slow? We aren't even talking about Riley Cooper at this point

He's clearly a racist

We are discussing context of some people using A

I really feel like that's so over some of y'all's heads

I don't think it's clear Riley's a racist... I have a lot of white friends. I'm bettin at leasttt a third refer to black ppl as N words amongst their own white circle.

I don't think it's clear Riley's a racist... I have a lot of white friends. I'm bettin at leasttt a third refer to black ppl as N words amongst their own white circle.
say what?

what the F did I just read - White Friends that call Black people "N" amongst their own white circle?

and they aren't racists?

Not consistently but in an alcohol fueled rage at a Kenny Cheney concert where the ppl involved were of color...

If I was drunk and about to throw them hands with some Spanish cats I may drop a slur or too... Don't make me a racist per say

Not consistently but in an alcohol fueled rage at a Kenny Cheney concert where the ppl involved were of color...

If I was drunk and about to throw them hands with some Spanish cats I may drop a slur or too... Don't make me a racist per say
Oh lord!

You being friends with people that you think may use the N word when you aren't around in reference to you, your family or known associates is despicable.

For you to say a racial slur in the heat of the moment might not make you a full blown racists, but a racists nevertheless. 

Last edited:
Oh lord!

You being friends with people that you think may use the N word when you aren't around in reference to you, your family or known associates is despicable.

For you to say a racial slur in the heat of the moment might not make you a full blown racists, but a racists nevertheless. 
lol ppl kill me with these different degrees of wrong...its nothing more then justification for their actions and a means to deflect personal responsibility and accountability.

As if to say oh see im not that racist compared to xyz.... aka see im not so bad in comparison too.....so I should get some sort of pass for my wrong.

Are you slow? We aren't even talking about Riley Cooper at this point

He's clearly a racist

We are discussing context of some people using A

I really feel like that's so over some of y'all's heads

It has been concluded that Riley is a racist.

We're talking about CONTEXT. Regardless of A or ER, it depends on the context on which the word was said. Regardless of any word that you use. If you want to make Ninja = N word if you want to make Kite = N word. It depends on the context.

i.e. I want to fight some effin Kites (whilst going to the West Indian Day Parade)

i.e. *After Paul George yammed on the Heat* This Kite is good!!

Do you see how one sentence is negative and one is positive.

It has been concluded that Riley is a racist.

We're talking about CONTEXT. Regardless of A or ER, it depends on the context on which the word was said. Regardless of any word that you use. If you want to make Ninja = N word if you want to make Kite = N word. It depends on the context.

i.e. I want to fight some effin Kites (whilst going to the West Indian Day Parade)

i.e. *After Paul George yammed on the Heat* This Kite is good!!

Do you see how one sentence is negative and one is positive.
Kite is very similar to another derogatory word - just letting you know if someone takes offense, you was warned.

Back
Top Bottom