Riley Cooper is a FOOL!

No. Im not agreeing with you though. At least from what your previous posts say :lol:

Your basically excusing Cooper's actions. The way black people or hip hop use it doesn't give him or any other White person an excuse to use it IMO. There is a history behind the word. If you cannot grab that concept then I dont know what to tell you.

It's completely different and not even a comparison.

Last edited:
I'm Latino and grew up in Harlem and used to say it as a teen. In my neighborhood and school I was usually one of the few Latino kids there, so yea it kind if came naturally. It was always as long as it wasn't "ending with the 'er" then it wasn't racist. I grew out of it eventually. I agree everyone should stop saying it as a whole but don't sit there and act like Latinos use it as a negative light especially when they grow up in the same **** neighborhood and go to the same **** schools.
I said that in reference to how we go back and forth with ninja about it. 

I always look at Latinos and blacks as one, but it's just  on NT there's a few dudes who feel otherwise. 

No. Im not agreeing with you though. At least from what your previous posts say :lol:

Your basically excusing Cooper's actions. The way black people or hip hop use it doesn't give him or any other White person an excuse to use it IMO.
It's completely different and not even a comparison.

Dude im not excusing Coopers actions at all. The way he said it makes it 10x worse. He extended the ER in that word and every time i hear it i get mad.
What im saying is, why is it okay for ANYONE to say the n word? Including black people, the ones that do say it. I mean Obama doesn't say the N word.
And for rap/hiphop statement i made earlier, you guys know they help promote the N word. And rap/hiphop is heard around the world.

Last edited:
Dude im noe excusing Coopers actions at all. The way he said it makes it 10x worse. He extended the ER in that word and every time i hear it i get mad.
What im saying is, why is it okay for ANYONE to say the n word? Including black people, the one that do say it cause im sure Obama doesn't say the N word.
And for rap/hiphop statement i made earlier, you guys know they help promote the N word. And rap/hiphop is heard around the world.

it's ok for black people to say it because black people say it's ok why is that so hard to understand?

because you hear someone saying something doesnt give you the right to say it

if a girl called her friend a ***** "wassup *****" you wouldnt walk up to her and say the same now would you?

Do you honestly think hip hop had ANYTHING to do with why Riley Cooper said what he did? Because it didn't.

Because I can guarantee you Riley Cooper could've gone his whole life without listening to a rap lyric and he was going to blurt that word out at that moment regardless.

MY point is if you want others to stop saying the N word than don't say it yourself.

And since its such a disgusting word, why do black say it to each other? They stay keep disrespecting each other.

Riley Cooper will get dealt with on the field. Why is this even a topic of discussion?

Some of you have a lot of nerve

Dude im noe excusing Coopers actions at all. The way he said it makes it 10x worse. He extended the ER in that word and every time i hear it i get mad.
What im saying is, why is it okay for ANYONE to say the n word? Including black people, the one that do say it cause im sure Obama doesn't say the N word.

it's ok for black people to say it because black people say it's ok why is that so hard to understand?

because you hear someone saying something doesnt give you the right to say it

if a girl called her friend a ***** "wassup *****" you wouldnt walk up to her and say the same now would you?

CashBanks i come in peace. I have a serious question for you.

you said "it's ok for black people to say it because black people say it's ok why is that so hard to understand?"

Are you ok with that? If one of your black friends says wasup N do you return the favor and say wasup N ?

Or do you correct your friend and say "That word is not in my vocabulary"

Do you honestly think hip hop had ANYTHING to do with why Riley Cooper said what he did? Because it didn't.

Because I can guarantee you Riley Cooper could've gone his whole life without listening to a rap lyric and he was going to blurt that word out at that moment regardless.

I don't think anyone is saying that; it's clear Riley Cooper is a racist

Somewhere along this thread the differences between A and ER came up and it's gone that direction since

For the blacks and other minorities in this thread who don't use the word, what's your reasoning?

Personally, I know a few people in my family who have experienced segregation and other forms of racism (back in the day) when the word was used against them out of hate. Out of respect for what they went through, I just don't say it.

Marcus Vick put a $1000 bounty on him, we all know Marcus doesn't have $1000

Then he deleted his Twitter said his girl was making him delete Twitter, you know damn well Mike was like

"yo Marcus if you want me to make that next Kia Rio payment, delete yo damn Twitter"
yes definitely ....

he prob got mad kids, gettin hit for child support and everything. 
roll.gif

Vick will cut his funds off asap if he keeps up with the non sense
mean.gif

I think for the most part the Riley Cooper statements are being view negatively.

If someone here have stated that what Riley Cooper say wasn't racist, then I think that should be question.

The aftermath of the Cooper comments is what you are reading now .. Why some individuals can say N(a) and others can't, why is the word being accepted or not, is there a different from N(a) and N(er) .. 

For the blacks and other minorities in this thread who don't use the word, what's your reasoning?

Personally, I know a few people in my family who have experienced segregation and other forms of racism (back in the day) when the word was used against them out of hate. Out of respect for what they went through, I just don't say it.

I have knowledge of self

And I love my people and would never disrespect my forefathers like that.

you said "it's ok for black people to say it because black people say it's ok why is that so hard to understand?"

Are you ok with that? If one of your black friends says wasup N do you return the favor and say wasup N ?

I say whatever I want but honestly I lean more towards bro these days as i work in a pretty white environment and have kids so i tend to watch my language anyway but if it's just me and my homies you damn straight you'll hear it

I never once said i dont say it

but what I do and what you do aren't the same

and maybe now you'll answer my question when you hear females call each other ***** etc. you dont walk up to them and use those terms do you?

I don't think anyone is saying that; it's clear Riley Cooper is a racist

Somewhere along this thread the differences between A and ER came up and it's gone that direction since

I never say it around my elders. I know that may sound crazy, but you're right, out of respect for the struggle I just don't say it. 

But again I've heard them say it, but it never seemed to be a prominent word used in conversations like it is today. 

^ Thought of this video too. 

And like cash just stated, I use the word bruh more than anything. 

Last edited:

I say whatever I want but honestly I lean more towards bro these days as i work in a pretty white environment and have kids so i tend to watch my language anyway but if it's just me and my homies you damn straight you'll hear it

I never once said i dont say it

but what I do and what you do aren't the same

and maybe now you'll answer my question when you hear females call each other ***** etc. you dont walk up to them and use those terms do you?

I dont walk up to girls, i'm shy.

i don't use the word, and i have no 'want' to ever use the word.

to go along with "would you call girls '*****' because they go around and call each other '*****'" arguement,

if someone grows up in an environment where african americans use that word as a term of endearment towards them and towards others, is it not fathomable that those people adopt the word as a term of endearment as they are a product of their environment?

now i'm not saying that that's right or wrong, i'm just trying to understand how you could really fault someone for that.

Last edited:
I think you guys are misunderstanding me.

1) Growing up (high school days) i use to say the N word to my friends and yes some of them were non black
2) In college i went away from that type of slang but did kick it with ouple of black girls and they would say it.
3) Once i got a professional job and started my career, i hardly say it. The only time i say it is once in a while when im watching sports.

Game 6 spurs vs heat, after ray allen made that 3 i said "this N"

Was that wrong of me? I don't think so because i didn't say the N word out of hate. In fact i can honestly say i have never said the N word out of hate.

This has been a very positive debate and i actually learned something. To the black dudes on NT, if i said anything that might of upset you, i'm sorry.

As I already stated, I went to a predominately white college. I could get away with saying the N word in high school and back home, but I couldn't there because it would give my white friends and white people in general who overhear me saying it the justification to believe they could say it. I had to check someone who said it because he was rapping a lyric. I've also been called the N word with the -ER at the end of it while pledging a fraternity by line brother. Took a lot for me not to put hands on him and prove him right, so I dropped from the pledge class. Also, I had exposure to the professional world in which there were few people of color and that wasn't a word said amongst them while on the clock.

As I already stated, I went to a predominately white college. I could get away with saying the N word in high school and back home, but I couldn't there because it would give my white friends and white people in general who overhear me saying it the justification to believe they could say it. I had to check someone who said it because he was rapping a lyric. I've also been called the N word with the -ER at the end of it while pledging a fraternity by line brother. Took a lot for me not to put hands on him and prove him right, so I dropped from the pledge class. Also, I had exposure to the professional world in which there were few people of color and that wasn't a word said amongst them while on the clock.
This. 

I think you guys are misunderstanding me.

1) Growing up (high school days) i use to say the N word to my friends and yes some of them were non black
2) In college i went away from that type of slang but did kick it with ouple of black girls and they would say it.
3) Once i got a professional job and started my career, i hardly say it. The only time i say it is once in a while when im watching sports.

Game 6 spurs vs heat, after ray allen made that 3 i said "this N"

Was that wrong of me? I don't think so because i didn't say the N word out of hate. In fact i can honestly say i have never said the N word out of hate.

This has been a very positive debate and i actually learned something. To the black dudes on NT, if i said anything that might of upset you, i'm sorry.

You shouldn't say it at all but if you insist, just know who to say it around.

Gotta be careful when saying racial slurs about your race around those outside the race, I guess. Had an Asian friend in college who had a white roommate and he would say the c word freely. But when his white roommate started to say it too, things got a little hairy and sticky.

You shouldn't say it at all but if you insist, just know who to say it around.

Yea...he treads VERY lightly when using the word. If he was that comfortable in saying it, he should use it in public around random people. Oh wait....

Point is, dude KNOWS he's wrong, but just won't admit it. I'll say this...consider yourself very lucky that up to this point you haven't caught a fade. Say it around people who don't play that mess, you'll be checked. Period.

Back
Top Bottom