RIP George Floyd

I’ll never support looting and robbing small businesses which had nothing to do with what happened to George Floyd. What’d these small business owners do to police brutality? Why hurt your own people?
You haven't been reading or watching. They aren't hitting many small businesses or black businesses. Some slip through though either on accident or because the owners are fboys like Virgil. Unfortunate casualties of war.

I’m out here.
80A7675A-2CD6-4A85-AB2E-C0B7630EA678.jpeg
B41DB9C9-B7BB-4D1F-AFAB-E8977E18738A.jpeg
0CA9FC70-F895-4AD2-B42A-9473009A8B2C.jpeg
9E0A586A-4BC7-48BC-935A-5FFA48C902C4.jpeg
F8ED4CC2-CA36-46CE-A978-426AA6C3C1F9.jpeg

Idk why people think accepting looting is gonna happen when people are angry means that you PROMOTE looting. White Americans didn't promote police violence against black Americans because of a "few bad apples" aka accepting it will happen.

White Americans didn't promote black Americans being oppressed in low income communities where little assistance is offered. But they accepted that it's "impossible" to erase poverty in America.

White Americans don't promote innocent black men being thrown in jail with no evidence against them, but they accepted that "the justice system makes mistakes."

So it's okay for us to ACCEPT that looting can be a part of the response to an emotional situation, but it doesn't make us promoters of looting.

The KKKardashians (excluding Kim) take all that black D and ain’t nowhere to be found. Smh

I’m not a Ye fan nor a Kardashian fan but I gotta give Kim her just due she did offer to pay for a protestors medical bills after being shot in the face with a rubber bullet, I know this doesn’t compare to two virgils but she’s doing what she can.

PS we gotta stop looking to celebs for leadership. Fam I don’t care what Ye says, Jordan says, Tiger says, Ja Rule says etc. show me with your actions.

If xyz don’t wanna talk on it but he putting up bail money etc I’m More than fine with it. I just wouldn’t show it off if I make millions off of black culture and I’m only donating peanuts (Virgil), appreciate the donation just would’ve been cooler (and smarter) to do so in silence.

Last edited:
Just thinking of something, imagine the level of annoyance the homeless probably feel that people have essentially messed up their living quarters.

Just something to think about.
They probably came up tho, lets be real :lol:

EZhtIg_WoAE9whA

Why fund healthcare workers when you can let army rejects cosplay and fulfill their FPS fantasies and terrorize civilians?

Man America so past the ppe stages of this pandemic. I’m damn near ready to hope the antivax crowd was right and this is all a hoax or we gonna have a rough couple weeks soon.

You haven't been reading or watching. They aren't hitting many small businesses or black businesses. Some slip through though either on accident or because the owners are fboys like Virgil. Unfortunate casualties of war.

Some of the minority owned small businesses in my old neighborhood has been demolished. I see/hear what’s going on and my heart aches for the business owners. They went through hell to get their business and to hear them telling me they may never recover from this breaks my heart for them. Unfortunately, the looting is related to what’s going on with the topic of this thread. Is it the intended product? Absolutely not, but we’d be remiss not to acknowledge it.

I’m all for fighting social injustice. I’ve had to experience it most of my young and adult life. But this isn’t the answer.

Man the nerve of this dude Trump doing all this while we are weeks away from an election is ******* wild. You would think he would wanna quell this sooner rather than later to ease tempers before November but at this rate dudes gotta be sure his base is behind him.

Already got riot cops testing positive for the rona, I'm fully expecting a hot summer on all fronts no pun intended...

hate to say it but I hope they get it in the worst way and we go short on vents. from the clips I’ve seen they are neither protecting nor serving their communities. Too many vids of cops Going after protestors for just expressing themselves.

Some of the minority owned small businesses in my old neighborhood has been demolished. I see/hear what’s going on and my heart aches for the business owners. They went through hell to get their business and to hear them telling me they may never recover from this breaks my heart for them. Unfortunately, the looting is related to what’s going on with the topic of this thread. Is it the intended product? Absolutely not, but we’d be remiss not to acknowledge it.

I’m all for fighting social injustice. I’ve had to experience it most of my young and adult life. But this isn’t the answer.
Be clear...this is war. Civil war. There's the hand and the mouth. The protesters are the mouth. They deliver the message. The looters are the hand. When it comes together it forms a fist. The fist can deliver a mighty blow to authority and the economy. If you cannot attack them, attack their resources. Revolutions are not pretty.

It needs to be worse. Much worse. It's the only way.

Thoughts?

Agreed. It's a cute gesture and I love the solidarity, but how long are people gonna keep doing this ?

The same people on my timeline posting the blackout pic, are some of the same people who still support the NFL. And some of the non black allies I know, have racist friends and family, but don't call them out.

This is fake activism.

SO what are your thoughts on the ACTUAL George Floyd situation?

Like Meff just said

We shouldn't have to mollify concerns about property damage in the same breath, the same statement, the same day, or the same year that we focus on the murder of Black Americans at the hands of law enforcement.

This is “all lives matter” for inanimate objects.

I don't want to hear about how riots "undermine the message." The message is only unclear for those who refuse to listen - and what is it, if not grotesque privilege, that allows someone to determine the conditions under which they are willing to entertain recognizing the basic humanity of another group?

For centuries now, America has resisted every call to reckon with its brutal and murderous oppression. It's like broaching an uncomfortable subject with a selfish, disinterested relationship partner.

Back
Top Bottom