RIP George Floyd

I'm conflicted.

Definitely grateful for a cop being held accountable, and more grateful that George Floyd's family/friends get some semblance of justice.

But man....I can't help but watch the joy and celebration and wonder how the hell has it come to this is TWENTY TWENTY-ONE??? Like it's really 2021 and we're all sitting around on pins and needles wondering if someone will be held accountable for a murder caught on tape. That's absolutely wild to me, especially having vivid memories of Rodney King, which was literally THIRTY years ago. So it's safe to say that in THIRTY years there hasn't been much progression when it comes to holding cops accountable.

This is a start for sure and I'm grateful. But man....there's so far to go.

I'm sitting here fighting tears rn, man. Thank you all for making your voice heard & pushing for social justice. This is big moment in our history.

kingkoopa kingkoopa nothing but praise to you for making this thread.

no need to fight the tears bro. recently went to an event honoring the life of Steven Taylor. listening to his grandmother speak about his family broke me.

pig2.gif

This bum being held accountable is great but a quick stroll through social media will remind you quickly america is still insanely racist. This was the verdict we all wanted but this was like replacing the tires on a broke down car. It'll get you somewhere, but how far?

i dont doubt this at all

police declared war on american citizens and residents in front of everyone's eyes last summer when folks came out en masse out to protest police killings so yeah expect revenge killings to occur nationwide
Odds they do their own protesting, or not showing up to work, or just being ultra late to call outs? Does this conviction reign them in or make them ‘stronger’.

Nobody black should cry on tv. **** that. Cry in the house away from the cameras. Show no weakness in front of our oppressors. We should not show happiness on camera, either. A man was killed. That pig should have been found guilty and finally, he was.

Also, **** that pig. Throw him in general population and let him get dealt with.

They’re being charged on different charges. They should have been charged for the same charges as Chauvin.

And if Chauvin walked they wouldn’t be tried at all - you can’t be an accessory to a crime that didn’t happen so their cases depended on this result.

I can’t see any way that they don’t get found guilty too.

That's one down. How about all the rest now?

Can't wait to hear all the right wing morons screaming "see, proof the justice system in America works!!!" just because one cop got what he deserved.

Back
Top Bottom