RIP George Floyd

Can't tell when you're cosplaying, but there are multiple examples, including where the cops themselves were actively stabbed (vs inactively?). Still alive. Not saying that's the correct way, but stop with the "had no other choice".

Yup videos every weak of yt folks assaulting police and being subdued or taken alive. It's always a choice. They are supposed to be able to make quick decisions that's the risk of the job. A gun is supposed to be the LAST resort. Not the first. Way too often when it's black and brown folk it's the other way around.

This is what im saying, he grabbed his gun as the tool he would use for whatever happens, and it just happens he had to use that to diffuse the situation. If he had a taser in his hand whatever he probably woudve used that.

BUT, he did grab his gun though so thats what he was gonna use.
Yea according to some folks in here like ksteezy ksteezy apparently a gun is the only option? ...All I’m saying is something is wrong if grabbing the gun is the response for everything ...Even when they claim to “reach for the taser” they still manage to shoot n kill folks with a gun, it’s a systemic training issue that needs to be addressed

No matter what happened that day, that cop was gon have his gun out nothing else was in play

Can't tell when you're cosplaying, but there are multiple examples, including where the cops themselves were actively stabbed (vs inactively?). Still alive. Not saying that's the correct way, but stop with the "had no other choice".

It’s cool that you took the time to look up all those different scenarios but you’re missing one key point...no one is the same. No one reacts the same. No one views those fight or flight situations the same.

If it had been that same cop in all those situations then sure. But to say “well look these cops from across the country acted differently than this cop did” is totally asinine.

Again, I do think this cop went overboard with the amount of shots he fired but at the end of the day he drew his gun and potentially saved one girls life and unfortunately ended the others.

And I know all NTers have been in these split second situations and handles them perfectly and took the knife from someone and all lived happily ever after

Him firing and striking the other girl is a possibility.

There are always options. Why fire multiple rounds? What's the point of target practice if these cops are so bad they can't just aim below the waist? No one is saying aim right for the knee cap with pinpoint accuracy but directing your trajectory slightly lower shouldn't be that difficult for someone trained in the use of firearms. Stop making it seem like this cop didn't have options. He just didn't have any other "options" based on his horrendous training.

“Aim below the waist”.....Didn’t you say earlier that you have firearms training??

Yea according to some folks in here like ksteezy ksteezy apparently a gun is the only option? ...All I’m saying is something is wrong if grabbing the gun is the response for everything ...Even when they claim to “reach for the taser” they still manage to shoot n kill folks with a gun, it’s a systemic training issue that needs to be addressed

No matter what happened that day, that cop was gon have his gun out nothing else was in play

Heres the thing, he chose his gun as his weapon of choice, coudda been a taser or mace. Thats ONE thing. He already knew what he was gonna use to take control.

Now that he made his choice, the actual shooting of Makhia? Objectively I dont necessarily think it was unjust. Excessive? 4 bullets yeah excessive maybe, its an aggressor with a knife trying to stab someone else. Remember its not like she was walking to someone with a knife threatening them, she was damn near 2 seconds from stabbing.

It’s cool that you took the time to look up all those different scenarios but you’re missing one key point...no one is the same. No one reacts the same. No one views those fight or flight situations the same.

If it had been that same cop in all those situations then sure. But to say “well look these cops from across the country acted differently than this cop did” is totally asinine.

Again, I do think this cop went overboard with the amount of shots he fired but at the end of the day he drew his gun and potentially saved one girls life and unfortunately ended the others.

And I know all NTers have been in these split second situations and handles them perfectly and took the knife from someone and all lived happily ever after
People are different, thank you, excellent point. Good work man.

It was weird how the cop kept his gun drawn long after the girl was down and seemingly dead. Maybe that's how they're trained, but the optics aren't good.

They need to take a look at less than lethal force options.

Cops around the country all get the same basic training at the academy. It's not enough but the basic tools are all there and they all should know the gravity of a situation when they pull a gun out. Period.

Cops around the country all get the same basic training at the academy. It's not enough but the basic tools are all there and they all should know the gravity of a situation when they pull a gun out. Period.

Agree. Like I said everyone is different unfortunately. You and I could have the same exact training for the same amount of time and handle a situation completely different from one another.

At the end of the day I hope they do better with training but you’ll still have trigger happy cops or cops who just don’t give a f*ck and want to shoot whatever they can

Agree. Like I said everyone is different unfortunately. You and I could have the same exact training for the same amount of time and handle a situation completely different from one another

Well that's a huge problem man. If your personality, biases or whatever is going to keep you from rationally doing your job and following protocols where literally lives are in your hands in high stress situations then you probably picked the wrong profession.

Well that's a huge problem man. If your personality, biases or whatever is going to keep you from rationally doing your job and following protocols where literally lives are in your hands in high stress situations then you probably picked the wrong profession.

I 100% agree it is. But that’s a problem that’ll never be 100% fixed unfortunately.

Better training and screening for potential candidates that want to be officers.

In my career field we have to do an apprenticeship and take classes the whole time before we even reach our top pay grade. Instead of a 6-12 month training program for potential cops, make them do a 5 year (minimum) apprenticeship

They have less lethal firearms too. A taser would have had her *** on the floor. A bean bag would have had her drop the knife. Cop made the choice to kill her. Simple as that.

Regardless of her attacking with a knife, white men and kids can kill people freely, be taken peacefully and to burger king. Hell, they can get gofundme money.

This was a sad situation. No matter what side youre on, but to dismiss it as simply "he was doing his job" is tone deaf.

Oh ksteezy ksteezy is in here posting a gazillion times? Yeah, clown **** has definitely transpired.

Good to see some other casuals in here--funny how they pop up to defend cops but never the opposite. 🤔

Exactly so the point of you posting ten different other scenarios was what?

Better training and screening for potential candidates that want to be officers.

You answered your own question and with an addition of he was displaying how other cops didnt default to shoot & killing upon arrival on a scene.

No, that cop did not save the other girls life. Going for an hail Mary doesn't automatically mean Yayyy you saved the other person's life. Yes a knife can cause serious damage(even kill) but the likelihood of EMT's or paramedics saving a victim from stab/slice wounds is much easier to manage than being shot 4-5 times.

The girl in the pink is about to go through a traumatic post experience. From her peers, herself, and the media, etc

The trauma along is just as hurtful.

The cop decision and choice will have a long term toll not only to the people there - but Black People all over the nation.

It does deeper than you think.

You answered your own question and with an addition of he was displaying how other cops didnt default to shoot & killing upon arrival on a scene.

No, that cop did not save the other girls life. Going for an hail Mary doesn't automatically mean Yayyy you saved the other person's life. Yes a knife can cause serious damage(even kill) but the likelihood of EMT's or paramedics saving a victim from stab/slice wounds is much easier to manage than being shot 4-5 times.

Doesnt matter, girl in pink is today not dead or seriously hurt because of whatever action the cop took, LIKE OR NOT, that is a fact....just how he killed one, he saved the other.

the other side of the coin was this cop saving another black girls life but ya completely want to overlook that :rofl:

ya don’t give a **** about these girls, keep it 💯

There was an option where everybody could have still been alive, but the cop nullified that the moment he drew his gun, didn't even attempt to do anything else and fired 4 shots.

This is wild...even from you.

How? Is the truth, adults failed her way before the cop arrived, what exactly do you think was gonna be the other outcome based on this video? Detach ya emotions from how ya may fee towards me and legit have the discussion with me with some actual logic....ILL WAIT.

Back
Top Bottom