RIP George Floyd

even if that seriously hurt girl was your kin? Or this only applies because that girl about to be stabbed isn’t someone you know...
Yes.

That was a teenage girl. Not a naked homeless guy on sherm with a knife.

Theres a reason why all of the cops didnt have their weapons drawn either.

Steezy don’t know what side he wanna be on. Had this happened to a Spanish child I’m sure dudes tone would change.
Either way I got no comment about this one. I am conflicted. I just hate that it had to come on the heels of a legit murder being proven in their vacuum.

Lol

if she lived from the stab wound, the other girl would still be ****ed going to prison....that would have been best case scenario I guess

So there WAS another option. Glad to see we're getting somewhere.

Steezy don’t know what side he wanna be on. Had this happened to a Spanish child I’m sure dudes tone would change.
Either way I got no comment about this one. I am conflicted. I just hate that it had to come on the heels of a legit murder being proven in their vacuum.

Two Spanish girls in the same situation, my tone would be the same, same as if they were white, cop put down one before she possibly killed the other, THats what I’m seeing here....

So there WAS another option. Glad to see we're getting somewhere.

to SECURE the safety of girl in pink there was no other option.....now if ya wanna gambled on wether she would have survived or not, that’s a different story.

nice try.

and I’d be over the moon.....

this situation is ****ed all around, but one black girl is safe today because of the actions of that cop, ya gonna need to accept that truth or DONT, I really don’t care...unfortunately this led to another losing her own life, ya want to point ya finger at the cop
So bad that ya ignoring the real scumbags that allowed this to get to this point, the foster parents.

I see it from both views...and I still feel the cop should have used a taser, pepper spray or rubber bullets.

I got 2 black kids and my 4 year old (due to his size) has already been victim to being "aggressive" because he's black. The white kids who are normal sized that push, bite and scratched him were just being kids. When I son would hit back because he's been the tallest kid in the class is given incident reports of being overly aggressive with his friends.

You have to experience it to understand I guess.

to SECURE the safety of girl in pink there was no other option.....now if ya wanna gambled on wether she would have survived or not, that’s a different story.

nice try.

So there was no option for him to fire his taser or try and de-escalate the situation further through any of the other methods they've been trained to do in assault situations?

I see it from both views...and I still feel the cop should have used a taser, pepper spray or rubber bullets.

I got 2 black kids and my 4 year old (due to his size) has already been victim to being "aggressive" because he's black. The white kids who are normal sized that push, bite and scratched him were just being kids. When I son would hit back because he's been the tallest kid in the class is given incident reports of being overly aggressive with his friends.

yes if he had a gun with rubber bullets, but I don’t think cops are issued a gun with rubber bullets, one with real ammo and a taser.

It’s still totally f*cked that as a construction worker I had to go through a 4 year apprenticeship and have classes all 4 years and these cops don’t even have to do that much and they’re going into a job like that.

The training they have is a complete joke. Make the hiring process harder than it is and the training ten times harder

And a lot of them are ex-military with paranoia who probably still think they're in the middle east ready to "neutralize" in a split second. Those are the types that shouldn't be hired or at the very least should be given the Prezbo treatment and should be behind a desk without a gun.

And like I said they’re all different so showing how they handle something somewhere else literally proves nothing in this case. It was a sh*t attempt to bring race into it. I could go find ten videos of a cop shooting some white person with a knife, totally moot point. Every person on here would’ve handled this differently.

And yes he did POTENTIALLY (you conveniently left this word out that I said earlier) save that girls life. You aren’t a doctor nor can you predict the future. She could’ve bled out before EMTs got there. Hence why I said potentially.

I don’t think anyone on here is saying the cop did a great thing and should be let off the hook. I said it earlier, if he felt like he had to shoot (WHICH I DONT AGREE WITH), one round should’ve been enough. Four rounds was overkill
I feel you.
I feel you.
I personally give the benefit of the doubt that race is not the majority of this specific incident but bad policing is. The race factor is not eliminated though.

Yeah it's rough to see. God forbid one has a mental issue like BPD that requires that extra bit of patience, they'll never receive it.

And what if she got stabbed and lived? We don’t know what would have happened had the officer not shot the girl 4 times other than the girl who's dead now would still be alive. The other officers didn't shoot for some odd reason? Maybe they were actually trying to assess what was going on.

This whole 'he didn't have any other choice' is just false.

Gotta play both sides here though fam. Say she got killed, whats the narrative? Cops dont care about black lives, he didnt do anything to diffuse the situation, he shoudda used a taser, etc etc.

Were playing the super what if game at this point.

I feel you.
I feel you.
I personally give the benefit of the doubt that race is not the majority of this specific incident but bad policing is. The race factor is not eliminated though.

Idk, it was a bunch of white kids I dont think anyone woudda been shot.

And like I said they’re all different so showing how they handle something somewhere else literally proves nothing in this case. It was a sh*t attempt to bring race into it. I could go find ten videos of a cop shooting some white person with a knife, totally moot point. Every person on here would’ve handled this differently.

And yes he did POTENTIALLY (you conveniently left this word out that I said earlier) save that girls life. You aren’t a doctor nor can you predict the future. She could’ve bled out before EMTs got there. Hence why I said potentially.

I don’t think anyone on here is saying the cop did a great thing and should be let off the hook. I said it earlier, if he felt like he had to shoot (WHICH I DONT AGREE WITH), one round should’ve been enough. Four rounds was overkill
It was not ordered by race. Don't worry, I picked up that you don't understand though, be well.

So there was no option for him to fire his taser or try and de-escalate the situation further through any of the other methods they've been trained to do in assault situations?
He’s asked questions a few times
Cops only gon do so Much talking

And a lot of them are ex-military with paranoia who probably still think they're in the middle east ready to "neutralize" in a split second. Those are the types that shouldn't be hired or at the very least should be given the Prezbo treatment and should be behind a desk without a gun.

Hell to be honest the best people for the job are people who come from the streets and don’t jump at something crossing their path. Put some dudes in there who have experienced life and didn’t grow up in an inbred small town with a silver spoon in their mouth.

We got a college a few hours from me that a lot of people go to to get their criminal justice degree and most of them are country silver spoon frat boys that have never had conflict in their life.

I can get down for criticizing a cops actions anyday, I can’t stand police culture in America...***** them, but I’m also not gonna ignore logic, I don’t see this as police brutality or over reaction given the time he actually had to react.

qft

correct me if im wrong, but she was beating on one of the other girls then turned her attention to the girl in pink after, right? while the cops were there?

He’s asked questions a few times
Cops only gon do so Much talking

That's the damn problem man. They're supposed to use and exhaust every means necessary before resorting to deadly force. That's how it's SUPPOSED to be done, I'm well aware of that not being the case. I know for a fact no academy is training anybody to fire there gun after talking for a short time.

Back
Top Bottom