RIP George Floyd

8CB6D66B-14A7-4504-86F2-D97AE51E9391.jpeg

Yeah no way he was gonna walk...the way he committed the act and how the entire thing was recorded made this a pretty easy verdict. Even racist cops probably were struggling to find ways to defend his actions. It won't be as clear-cut for the cop who shot Daunte Wright or any other cop shooting IMO

I’m hearing as low as 15, with 30 being around the state average for these crimes, and 65-75 years being the ultra max.

I still don’t trust the system until it’s finalized.

I think the most he can face is 40 years -- which is statutory maximum for 2nd degree murder there. 3rd degree murder and manslaughter are considered lesser-included offenses of a 2nd degree murder conviction, so that's what he's going to be sentenced on.

this. either chauvin's a sociopath (possible) or he knows the sentencing is about to be light.
Probably banking on that appeal process. His ****ty lawyer probably told him "even if its guilty, we'll appeal all the way to the Supreme Court!"

I ain't gon lie. My emotions hit me too. Could have dropped tears of joy.
No lie felt like a weight was lifted and I could breathe.

I feel you man. The second after the first verdict the only person I could think about was Trayvon Martin. I remember exactly where I was when Zimmerman was found not guilty and how much that broke me I was the same age as him at the time. I’m the same age Trayvon should be now. That was probably the most formative moment in my life. I do desperately wish he got this it’s all I could think about watching this verdict come in

Yeah, the city would have been toast.

you guys been downtown lately? It’s like post apocalyptic. Barely any people and just national guard everywhere with huge barricades.

Back
Top Bottom