RIP Mac Miller

Ariana Grande was way more popular than him. Those Disney or kid network star are way big.

Anyways, she had to turn off her comments as everyone is blaming her for his death.

People R so dumb and never can blame the person responsible for their actions. SMH.
I didn’t know she was a Disney star.

When I first heard the news yesterday the first thing I thought about was his mother....she had so many interviews with him and seemed like she went through hell raising him and was proud that he was living out his dreams. For any parent to have to bury their child especially under this circumstance....heartbreaking.

This is THE Mac Miller song. Takes me back man. RIP.

was never the biggest mac fan but he had a couple songs (best day ever, something about you) I always enjoyed. this prob being one of my favorites.

R.I.P.

never was a fan. the little stuff i did hear i didnt like.

but rip to him. 26 is too young to die. and if it was because of a girl man its just not worth it. females come and go man. dont put out your light. get your head right. i know alot of people scoff at medication for depression but it really does help.

I don't know how or why people are coming in here and saying how another person should be feeling. Do you even know the pain and suffering he felt ?

Something I learned recently is people have different intensity of feelings and emotions. So to some of us that might be able to handle a certain situation and cope with those feelings, to others it feels like death. They are just more hypersensitive to stress and their emotions/ feelings are too overwhelming. Their brain is wired that way. They can't help it. This is especially when it is factored with the feelings of unworthiness and being unloved, and the deep rooted feeling of shame.

Actually the psyche of addicts is extremely sad. They feel a sort of shame that they walk around with where they don't even feel they are worthy as a human being but are fighting to live every single day to live and that's why they self medicate.

As a society we are still so judgmental about addicts. The stigma surrounding addiction is often tied into the widespread belief that addiction is a choice or a moral failing. It needs to be seen that a lot of addiction is an escape from pain. All addictions come from emotional loss, mental health issues, and exist to soothe the pain resulting from that loss. So let's have some compassion and understanding.

RIP Mac Miller

giphy.gif

rock.gif

well said

When I first heard the news yesterday the first thing I thought about was his mother....she had so many interviews with him and seemed like she went through hell raising him and was proud that he was living out his dreams. For any parent to have to bury their child especially under this circumstance....heartbreaking.

This is THE Mac Miller song. Takes me back man. RIP.

Seems like he was a wild child, in this Complex interview with his mom:

https://www.complex.com/music/2014/05/mac-miller-mom-karen-meyers-interview

I don't know how or why people are coming in here and saying how another person should be feeling. Do you even know the pain and suffering he felt ?

Something I learned recently is people have different intensity of feelings and emotions. So to some of us that might be able to handle a certain situation and cope with those feelings, to others it feels like death. They are just more hypersensitive to stress and their emotions/ feelings are too overwhelming. Their brain is wired that way. They can't help it. This is especially when it is factored with the feelings of unworthiness and being unloved, and the deep rooted feeling of shame.

Actually the psyche of addicts is extremely sad. They feel a sort of shame that they walk around with where they don't even feel they are worthy as a human being but are fighting to live every single day to live and that's why they self medicate.

As a society we are still so judgmental about addicts. The stigma surrounding addiction is often tied into the widespread belief that addiction is a choice or a moral failing. It needs to be seen that a lot of addiction is an escape from pain. All addictions come from emotional loss, mental health issues, and exist to soothe the pain resulting from that loss. So let's have some compassion and understanding.

RIP Mac Miller
"I don't know how or why people are coming in here and saying how another person should be feeling."

Followed by telling us how addicts feel and why.

SMH

For those who have been the the Rave here in Milwaukee. He wrote this on the pool. Pretty weird.

Suicide is a very sad thing. Very sad and unfortunate to hear.

Really sad to hear. Didn't bother to ever check out his own stuff, but I liked some tracks he was featured on. Twin Peugots is one of my favorite tracks on Blue Chips 2:

RIP Mac Miller
Very well said ...

The issue I have is that people hide behind the addict label far too often which makes it difficult to get the people who actually need help the proper care ...

I have an employee who is lazy ... They visit the employee assistance office at least twice a week ... The medical diagnosis is simply weak mindedness ... This person does not want to take personal responsibility for anything and claims to be depressed ... The objective tests show absolutely no mental issues ...

It reminds me of the MeToo movement where men were being attacked for looking at a woman too long with the same ferocity as someone who legitimately raped a woman ... We just saw another instance where Serena Williams lost her mind because she broke a rule and was called out and is now claiming sexism ... This diminishes real sexist actions ...

All this is to say that there is a fine line that is difficult to navigate and we have to be willing to call things as they are ...

I haven't really gotten a chance to post in here since it happened, but damn, I can't believe how much this effected me. Maybe its the combination of what else I'm going through in life, but wow this really hit me. I feel like there was something about him I could relate too, and I know the feeling of trying to numb how you feel with substances.

It's crazy because before Watching Movies with the Sound Off, I used to hate on dude. My friend tried to put me on to him and my music snob self refused to give him a shot. I peeped WMWTSO off the features on the tracklist alone, and I was shocked at how good he was. I mess with Faces and GOOD AM heavy as well. I didn't even listen to Swimming really until now, SMH at me, but it took til today to not get emotional when listening to 2009.

RIP Mac, you were my favorite white rapper, and I'd rather listen to you over Eminem any day of the week.

This one hurts.

Eerie as ****.....

@01:21
"to whoever sells me drugs don't mix it with that Bull**** I'm not trying to join the 27 club"

One of my favorite Mac songs. I used to ride around high on weed & ecstasy and have this song on repeat.

R.I.P. Mac, thank you for the good times.

Dude seemed universally loved by his peers and even radio personalities...

Definitely tragic as ****

Yeah a lot of celebs who shared memories and texts all had similar stories about him. That's how you know it was genuine all around, definitely sounded like a good dude.

Sad loss for sure.

Back
Top Bottom