RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Another case of it's acceptable for every other region, except NYC. most artist out sound night and day from what their initial music sounded like. They are influenced by other things and continue to try **** until they find their own style/lane. Hell Rocky's new album sounds NOTHING like his first project.

I just don't get how somehow whenever NYC is involved suddenly everything becomes blasphemous in hiphop eyes.

I think people have more of an issue with Rocky acting like that has been his swag forever instead of just keeping it real and saying Yam$ put him on a lot of that Memphis/Houston ****.

Another case of it's acceptable for every other region, except NYC. most artist out sound night and day from what their initial music sounded like. They are influenced by other things and continue to try **** until they find their own style/lane. Hell Rocky's new album sounds NOTHING like his first project.

I just don't get how somehow whenever NYC is involved suddenly everything becomes blasphemous in hiphop eyes.

I agree with this

I think people have more of an issue with Rocky acting like that has been his swag forever instead of just keeping it real and saying Yam$ put him on a lot of that Memphis/Houston ****.

but there's also a lot of this

This dude Ty is so biased. Nobody said anything about NY rappers. :lol:

This is a thread about NYC rappers, rocky is a NYC rapper.................. their are several notable southern rappers who have done a complete 180 on their personas, but when rocky changes up it's biting/stealing. Just trying to calculate why nytime an artist is from NYC and actually pops people go out of their way to nitpick and try and dissect every move they make.

It happened with Nicki, It happened with French, It happened with Bobby, It happened with A$AP.

And what you're saying is false. The only NY rapper that get really gets called a biter is Designer. Most people in here didn't even call ASAP biters (excpet me).

You acting like people are in here saying "Yeah, NY always biting". :lol:

Getting waaaayyy too defensive. Calm down.

And what you're saying is false. The only NY rapper that get really gets called a biter is Designer. Most people in here didn't even call ASAP biters (excpet me).

I'm not a writer I'm a biter. I'm not a writer I'm a biter

HUH..... every last one of those artist have been discredited as NYC artist because they sometimes use "southern" sound what the hell are you talking about. The fact that the notion that A$AP is still using a southern sound still exist, should be enough to prove that.

Changing up your persona and copying are two completely different things. In this case, ASAP did both.

These dudes took it another step forward, past the music/cultural inspiration and literally started dressing and typing exactly like one of the main ****** bringing that style of music back on Tumblr/the Internet :lol:

Other _'s get criticized too tho it's just some of y'all don't notice or really even care until it's said about a NYC artist. :lol:

Wiz came back with a bunch of Curren$y's style (rapping about smoking papers, camo shorts, etc) mixed with lowkey frat rap singy song music inspired by Max B. And he caught hella flack for it ESPECIALLY from NYC _ 's over the Max B **** but just like Rocky the people who liked the music outweighed the people criticizing so in the end it didn't really matter.

HUH..... every last one of those artist have been discredited as NYC artist because they sometimes use "southern" sound what the hell are you talking about. The fact that the notion that A$AP is still using a southern sound still exist, should be enough to prove that.

Those artist do use southern sounds. French and Nicki work A LOT with southern artist but I've never heard anybody say they were straight up biting or stealing. Nobody was even talking about Nicki or Bobby. Dudes was clowning one crew. ASAP. You just defensive as hell.

Souja Boy has a whole thread about him biting. That _ ain't from NY. :lol:

Some of y'all be making this NY vs Everybody for no damn reason.

You can literally go through this thread and see the discussions of those artist "biting" but i digress.

End of the Day A$AP have sharpened their sound and aesthetic over the years & have been able to make dope **** with influences from all over hiphop.

You can literally go through this thread and see the discussions of those artist "biting" but i digress.

End of the Day A$AP have sharpened their sound and aesthetic over the years & have been able to make dope **** with influences from all over hiphop.
To rewind for a second. You initially called people out for referencing a Yams interview that you didn't think existed at the time. After the actual quote and interview has been posted, what is YOUR interpretation of what Yams said referring to Rocky and where that style came from?

To rewind for a second. You initially called people out for referencing a Yams interview that you didn't think existed at the time. After the actual quote and interview has been posted, what is YOUR interpretation of what Yams said referring to Rocky and where that style came from?

He being the architect of A$AP Mob (which they all have spoken on several times) , realized that his sound was gonna change if they wanted to blow. He put rocky on that music that he wasn't really familiar with. Rocky then takes liking to the music inserts aspects of that sound into whatever else he's been doing and together they create the sound which is his first Mixtape.

Yams helped create the vision for his artist to flourish, how is any of this different than damn near 90% of the rap game? when people have real management behind them they usually retool the artist , take out the kinks, add new pieces and find a way to package it to the masses.

The way dudes is talkin it's like Rocky was oblivious to ANYTHING and created the ***** in a lab or something

He being the architect of A$AP Mob (which they all have spoken on several times) , realized that his sound was gonna change if they wanted to blow. He put rocky on that music that he wasn't really familiar with. Rocky then takes liking to the music inserts aspects of that sound into whatever else he's been doing and together they create the sound which is his first Mixtape.

Yams helped create the vision for his artist to flourish, how is any of this different than damn near 90% of the rap game? when people have real management behind them they usually retool the artist , take out the kinks, add new pieces and find a way to package it to the masses.

The way dudes is talkin it's like Rocky was oblivious to ANYTHING and created the ***** in a lab or something

That's the nicest way of saying biting I've ever heard. :lol:

So being influenced by something and adding your own mix to it, is now biting.. Got it... so which artist right now isn't "biting" under that definition.

Dave got next mane. Stand up dude. His come up is real. I remember a year and a half ago...he was waiting outside Hot 97 just to freestyle in a dusty skully and old jacket.

Now my man got chains on, and Fear of God denim in the sprinter :pimp:

Last edited:
I''m hoping mass appeal can deliver on his buzz and help him build his career. I feel with an artist like him they really need to let him do what he does and not chase the hit. Vado is nice had a crazy buzz & then for whatever reason they kept trying to turn him into a club smash and that **** derailed everything. They just gotta let Dave cook and speak that street talk to the best of his abilities.

Back
Top Bottom