RIP New York Hip-Hop? (Need Some Feedback)

Straight out of Harlem is good and his Last tape with drama Hate Me Now are two of my favorites. But i thoroughly enjoy his freestyles/Eastmixes also

I''m hoping mass appeal can deliver on his buzz and help him build his career. I feel with an artist like him they really need to let him do what he does and not chase the hit. Vado is nice had a crazy buzz & then for whatever reason they kept trying to turn him into a club smash and that **** derailed everything. They just gotta let Dave cook and speak that street talk to the best of his abilities.
I feel like my guy Vado was too linked to Cam ...at the time Cam was clearly on the downslope and the only thing he had poppin was **** he did with Vado really ...no idea what happened after him n killa stop dropping tracks but I heard the one wack single n knew it was a wrap for him :lol: :smh:

Kind of feel like East need to get off Nas label. Outside of "discovering" him what has he done to further his career ? Seems like East is just grinding on his own 100% so why would u need that "label" the co-sign is cool but that's only gonna get him so far.

Kind of feel like East need to get off Nas label. Outside of "discovering" him what has he done to further his career ? Seems like East is just grinding on his own 100% so why would u need that "label" the co-sign is cool but that's only gonna get him so far.

We can't really know 100% what Mass Appeal is/isn't doing.

It's hard to say that what's happening is 100% all Dave though. Production of the videos on Youtube etc.

Mass Appeal has Run The Jewels. Who are media darlings. They seem to do well with press etc. May have helped with the XXL cover.

Mass Appeal is another label distributed by RED, Sony's independent arm. So the same promo team pushing "Devastated" for Joey Badass could come on if Dave ***** around and has a record that can make real moves at radio (meaning outside of Hot97 and mix show in the Northeast).

We can't really know 100% what Mass Appeal is/isn't doing.

It's hard to say that what's happening is 100% all Dave though. Production of the videos on Youtube etc.

Mass Appeal has Run The Jewels. Who are media darlings. They seem to do well with press etc. May have helped with the XXL cover.

Mass Appeal is another label distributed by RED, Sony's independent arm. So the same promo team pushing "Devastated" for Joey Badass could come on if Dave ***** around and has a record that can make real moves at radio (meaning outside of Hot97 and mix show in the Northeast).

Thanks for the insight Phil. Repped

Thats a good look for Kur :pimp:

And Maaly Raw is slowly becoming one of my fav producers. Dudes work with Lil Uzi has been great

The thing about Vado.Is that he should've stayed with Cam making music.And stayed letting Cam manage him as he was.Look at what happened.Cam blew him up with an original sound with araabmuzik.Thats what blew up Vado and Araab.It was a perfect match.Nothing sounded like Cam,Vado,Araab at that time.Cam got the deal with a major off the strength of there mixtapes.Just like he did with Dipset.Vado gets a little paper with people in his ear.Then as usual,it didn't last.He thinks leaving Cam for Khaled would be better.But it seems like it ended just like Cam and Juelz.Juelz left Cam the same way.Juelz was a bigger artist than Vado.It just seems like Cam has the better overall vision for his artist.He must choose the beats,formula for the sound.Music direction,the look.Because when they leave.Its not the same for them,then the momentum slows down.Vado is like a Dave East,Nas,jadakiss type artists.Meaning there the type of artist who can't waist there time chasing that hit single.There better off just making there type of music as they go along.If there lucky to get a hit.Thats cool.But they shouldn't be locked up in a studio strictly trying to record hit singles.Thats what Khaled does.A new artist from the South or Midwest will flourish with Khaled.Not a East Coast or West Coast artist.Think of it like this.UGK was going gold strictly off of the South alone in the 1990,s.Hov was a fan of theres and wanted to do songs.But Pimp C didn't want to do Big Pimpin.Because he was scared that it would make his Southern fanbase mad at them for doing a song with a East Coast artist.He didn't want to mess up his sales doing that.Luckily it worked out.Most Southern artist back then UGK,3-6, etc.Just made music for there cities,fanbase.Everybody else in the outside just gravitated towards them as fans.As time passed a long.Basically Dave East needs to keep doing what Dave East does and make his bread.And keep the momentum he has.If a major gets him.They could possibly mess him up like what happened to Vado.Its not rocket science.If you have a sound/formula that's working.Why would you change it by trying to waste time chasing a bit single.Then messing up your fanbase.Certain artist are better for certain situations.Like someone said earlier on here.

I agree wholeheartedly, ESPECIALLY considering a hit record doesn't ensure much for a artist these days. a artisit can have a hit and 6 months later be irrelevant. By simply feeding his fanbase and making the best music he possibly can Dave should be able to flourish.

As far as mainstream hits tho, I would say watch out Heavily for Manolo Rose, especially him doing the deal with bleek/roc nation ?. that boy just has a way of making some fire *** hooks and has a unique vibe to him.

I miss New York rap because that's what I grew up off in the 90's as a kid yea & I'm way from the N.O....Yea my brother use to listen to Cash Money & No Limit but he was a WU head I use to listen to all New York rap I personally think that Arab Muzik is the type of sound NY rappers need Dave East is nice but i feel somewhat he gets he tries to ride that TRAP SOUND wave on some songs like that DEPOSITS I think all NY rappers should stay away from that type of production.....IMO I think all rappers that's not from ATL should stay away from those beats that style of production made the game stagnant that's why everything sounds like one long song on the radio....

I miss New York rap because that's what I grew up off in the 90's as a kid yea & I'm way from the N.O....Yea my brother use to listen to Cash Money & No Limit but he was a WU head I use to listen to all New York rap I personally think that Arab Muzik is the type of sound NY rappers need Dave East is nice but i feel somewhat he gets he tries to ride that TRAP SOUND wave on some songs like that DEPOSITS I think all NY rappers should stay away from that type of production.....IMO I think all rappers that's not from ATL should stay away from those beats that style of production made the game stagnant that's why everything sounds like one long song on the radio....

You sound like you wanna hear some good old school grimy NY hip hop :pimp:. If thats the case then listen to Westside Gunn & Conway :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom