ROCK THE BELLS FESTIVAL COMING TO MERRIWEATHER SUNDAY JULY 27

RTB_flyr.jpg

rock the bells is the tour you're referring to right? went last year to the NY show. had a great time, even though i've grown to completely hate amusic festival atmosphere. not sure if it will be the same this year as the lineup is decidedly more chill. these kind of all day events need a little bit ofedge to them if i'm going to stay interested from noon on into the night. that said, i'll probably be going to philly, ny, and/or chicago dates.

First I've heard of this.
This tour is coming to the area? Or where else? And where could I get tickets? I'm going to be in Greece for the month of July, hope I can see them.

Just checked the tour dates. No DMV shows. I think I'm gonna change my Chicago plans so I can be there for the show.

Originally Posted by Phinsfan13

First I've heard of this.
This tour is coming to the area? Or where else? And where could I get tickets? I'm going to be in Greece for the month of July, hope I can see them.

Nope, Philly and NYC will be the closest dates, I wasn't posting about the tour per se but that I would've loved to have seen the surprise clubshow listed in my original post which was being used as a vehicle to officially announce the tour.

Originally Posted by shuman15

ill be in NY or Philly...I be damned if I miss this one!!!
smokin.gif

I'll consider going to NYC if the tour is playing somewhere like MSG but I'm definitely NOT doing Randall's Island again, WAY too much of ahassle.

the only thing i didn't like about randall's island was the stupid crowd herding system to get to the main stage. you'd have to start making youway over there 15-20 minutes early just to make it on time because it was pretty much single file in and out.

Originally Posted by ixlostxtomorrow

the only thing i didn't like about randall's island was the stupid crowd herding system to get to the main stage. you'd have to start making you way over there 15-20 minutes early just to make it on time because it was pretty much single file in and out.

Yeah if you or one of your friends had been seriously injured, you would've appreciated the clear path that the authorities had by doing that. Plusthe front of the bullpen which was the first layer of the barricade was a great spot to watch and then sit down up against in between acts. I had much largerissues with getting to the venue in the first place, ended up walking from the subway instead of waiting for a shuttle.

sure, i mean i get the purpose of having the gate system, but i still feel like it didn't need to be so cramped as it was to keep people safe.

Looks like some dates got shuffled around and now the festival is playing Merriweather Sun July 27th, sorry 'bout that Philly
laugh.gif

Thanks Badgeman!

I was reading the thread like "What the hell are they talking about? It says DC!"

Since when is Columbia DC?

Anyway, the lineup looks amazing - until you notice the asterisks. If De La, Rakim, and Dead Prez aren't there that REALLY hurts. That's basically halfthe reason I'd go right there.

Originally Posted by Method Man

Since when is Columbia DC?

Anyway, the lineup looks amazing - until you notice the asterisks. If De La, Rakim, and Dead Prez aren't there that REALLY hurts. That's basically half the reason I'd go right there.

They're calling San Bernardino LA which is even worse
laugh.gif

dead prez? nas? de la? pharcyde? dc's own wale?
and theyre all on the same line-up?

in there like swim wear.. philly here i come

Meth - On the tour's website, it lists which artists are performing at each show.

Im def. not missing this !

Sunday - July 27th - Washington, DC - Merriweather Post Pavilion

On-Sale Saturday May 17 at 10AM

Featuring:
A TRIBE CALLED QUEST, NAS, MOS DEF, DE LA SOUL, RAKIM, METHOD MAN & REDMAN, RAEKWON & GHOSTFACE, IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE, DEAD PREZ

That's all I needed to see.

Back
Top Bottom