Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima aka the GOAT just retired

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

i'm really disappointed he didnt get his last shot with the national team. %*$@ dunga. i understand not taking him to SA but goddamn give the man a farewell game.

I know right? I'm still waiting for it though they can pull it off in a future friendly if Ronaldo is up for it. If they did it for Romario I don't see why they cant for Ronaldo???

i'm really disappointed he didnt get his last shot with the national team. %*$@ dunga. i understand not taking him to SA but goddamn give the man a farewell game.

I know right? I'm still waiting for it though they can pull it off in a future friendly if Ronaldo is up for it. If they did it for Romario I don't see why they cant for Ronaldo???

Originally Posted by Ronaldo Nazario

our screen names are dope
pimp.gif

our screen names are dope
pimp.gif

They sure are! Hopefully he gets some sort of farewell from the National Team, I cant stand thinking the last game he played in for Brasil was that loss to France in '06.
On a side note: I need to get the majority of his jerseys, all I have is Real Madrid and Brasil

They sure are! Hopefully he gets some sort of farewell from the National Team, I cant stand thinking the last game he played in for Brasil was that loss to France in '06.
On a side note: I need to get the majority of his jerseys, all I have is Real Madrid and Brasil

I remember all those cleats because my brother had them all; such a sad day for me too because this dude is like a Jordan to me. Next up as
My favorite players is cuahtemoc blanco and Landon Donovan; wow crazy how all these stars we all grew up watching are coming to an end

I remember all those cleats because my brother had them all; such a sad day for me too because this dude is like a Jordan to me. Next up as
My favorite players is cuahtemoc blanco and Landon Donovan; wow crazy how all these stars we all grew up watching are coming to an end

Theres no way they don't give him some kind of game. Let him run around out there for about 20 before he's winded. 

Theres no way they don't give him some kind of game. Let him run around out there for about 20 before he's winded. 

laugh.gif

frown.gif

im waiting for rivaldo to retire so i can make him a thread like this
glasses.gif

laugh.gif

frown.gif

glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

laugh.gif

frown.gif

glasses.gif
Seriously, dude is 39 I think? and just started playing for Sao Paulo if I'm not mistaken. Love of the game though, if I were in his situation I'd go until I couldn't anymore. It's just a shame Ronaldo couldn't really go out as I envisioned he would have.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

laugh.gif

frown.gif

glasses.gif
Seriously, dude is 39 I think? and just started playing for Sao Paulo if I'm not mistaken. Love of the game though, if I were in his situation I'd go until I couldn't anymore. It's just a shame Ronaldo couldn't really go out as I envisioned he would have.

Great read about Ronaldo and the events leading up to the '98 World Cup final.

http://soccernet.espn.go..../rewind-to-1998:-ronaldo's-darkest-day?cc=5901
Two days before Bastille Day, France's cosmopolitan squad had given the country an early reason to celebrate. Images of Zidane were beamed onto the Arc de Triomphe and over a million people partied in the streets of Paris.

But for one boy from Brazil, a football player who had become the subject of one of sport's great mysteries, the date represented nothing but hurt, even if the result on the pitch was put into perspective by the events leading up to it. As Ronaldo put it: "We lost the World Cup but I won another cup - my life."

Great read about Ronaldo and the events leading up to the '98 World Cup final.

http://soccernet.espn.go..../rewind-to-1998:-ronaldo's-darkest-day?cc=5901
Two days before Bastille Day, France's cosmopolitan squad had given the country an early reason to celebrate. Images of Zidane were beamed onto the Arc de Triomphe and over a million people partied in the streets of Paris.

But for one boy from Brazil, a football player who had become the subject of one of sport's great mysteries, the date represented nothing but hurt, even if the result on the pitch was put into perspective by the events leading up to it. As Ronaldo put it: "We lost the World Cup but I won another cup - my life."

Aw, man. I hoped he played more games. Wish him all the best. I didn't watch the 1998 World Cup, but I heard the story. Man, I wish he had played the 1998 World Cup final. I never forget his game against Germany in the 2002 World Cup final.

ronaldo.jpg

Aw, man. I hoped he played more games. Wish him all the best. I didn't watch the 1998 World Cup, but I heard the story. Man, I wish he had played the 1998 World Cup final. I never forget his game against Germany in the 2002 World Cup final.

ronaldo.jpg

Originally Posted by d3simet

ronaldo.jpg
he played in the final, just not very well. kinda hard to play after having a seizure. 

Originally Posted by d3simet

ronaldo.jpg
he played in the final, just not very well. kinda hard to play after having a seizure. 

Both Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos had to leave their club teams because their fans were threatening to kill them
30t6p3b.gif
It's @*%%+! on how they had to end their careers. Same Fn people who supported them during the WC before.

Back
Top Bottom