Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

All good points made, gents. At least a few of us seem to be on the same page.

NT Fam,

I need some help. Yes, I'm a noob and I've never owned any of these RF Asics collabs, BUT, I'm looking to purchase my first pair. Not cause of the hype, but cause I actually like the shoe. I know that the Flamingos are going to be super limited, but how exactly does the purchasing process go? Do you go through his blog? Or that one NYC site? Can you order online or is it simply over the phone?

Unless you are able to get them in-store, Kithnyc.com at 11AM on Friday is your only chance.

NT Fam,

I need some help. Yes, I'm a noob and I've never owned any of these RF Asics collabs, BUT, I'm looking to purchase my first pair. Not cause of the hype, but cause I actually like the shoe. I know that the Flamingos are going to be super limited, but how exactly does the purchasing process go? Do you go through his blog? Or that one NYC site? Can you order online or is it simply over the phone?
online at kithnyc.com. no phone orders

*edit* bsox with the quickness

Last edited:
Anyone want to PM me what they think the password will be if he indeed releases these online like he did with the ECP collection?

ya that hate is all just empty words.  if you guys REALLY felt that way then you wouldnt be in this thread(unless actively hating on someone gets you off) and you definitely wouldnt even ATTEMPT to buy his products. 

Guys, wake me up when all the whining is over 
eyes.gif
, y'all know that on Friday you will try to copped.

I hope im lucky n grab a pair. Gonna come in late prob so i can use the home internet. More reliable than work knowin them theyd prob have the site blocked. Thank god for flexible hours lol

i've heard horror stories about kith customer service (or lack there of, both in store and online)... and when i met RF he had a lil' bit of a too cool for school attitude (but to be fair, anyone can be like that sometimes, ya never know what mood they're in, but for the record, i was very nonchalant, i didn't come off as a fan boy at all, i don't even act like that toward my musical heroes)... and i think the "just us" crap is mad corny...

but apart from that, i have no reason to boycott his shoes, or have any blind loyalty to everything he puts out, or anything like that... i buy the releases of his i like, i pass on the ones i don't care for (and never let hype be a determining factor).

if he reads the forums he prolly doesn't like me very much, cuz i've been brutally honest about my opinions (and he has a history of blocking people on twitter and IG who criticize him at all)... but i couldn't care less...

you can't buy clothes, shoes, art, music, etc., and factor in what kind of person they are, imo (unless they're like a rapist or some crazy stuff). some of the most talented people in the world can be straight @$%holes some times (as we all can)... end of the day tho, i'm interested in buying products i like only, not the creator's character / personality...

Last edited:
i've heard horror stories about kith customer service (or lack there of, both in store and online)... and when i met RF he had a lil' bit of a too cool for school attitude (but to be fair, anyone can be like that sometimes, ya never know what mood they're in, but for the record, i was very nonchalant, i didn't come off as a fan boy at all, i don't even act like that toward my musical heroes)... and i think the "just us" crap is mad corny...

but apart from that, i have no reason to boycott his shoes, or have any blind loyalty to everything he puts out, or anything like that... i buy the releases of his i like, i pass on the ones i don't care for (and never let hype be a determining factor).

if he reads the forums he prolly doesn't like me very much, cuz i've been brutally honest about my opinions (and he has a history of blocking people on twitter and IG who criticize him at all)... but i couldn't care less...

you can't buy clothes, shoes, art, music, etc., and factor in what kind of person they are, imo (unless they're like a rapist or some crazy stuff). some of the most talented people in the world can be straight @$%holes some times (as we all can)... end of the day tho, i'm interested in buying products i like only, not the creator's character / personality...
exactly. 

Just as a FYI, the Kith employes get their pairs weeks ahead of time, so do his friends and family; they don't need a password to get their pairs. also my e-friend uses the same store as kith, shopify i believe. when he was getting everything setup and had a password on the site he let me test run it. I could add anything I wanted to my cart but was not able to checkout, so there's no secret password to get your pairs early. 

I have more of a problem with ASICS than I do RF. ASICS puts out a few decent releases each year but the best stuff is almost always the collaborations, which are of course always very limited in quantity. This puts the consumer in the predicament of having to spend $250+ for a pair of the good stuff or $100 on the mediocre GR. The resentment toward RF that comes with this problem is completely understandable, even if it is misdirected.

RF has certainly helped the brand; there is no doubt about that. If ASICS had an ID program with plenty of options he would become irrelevant and ASICS could potentially suffer from the lack of marketing, a classic catch-22.

Last edited:
he just has that *****y resting face going on but I'll still try to get the shoes i like, and the ones like the flamingos i'll just pass. I'm looking forward to his next gl3 if this isn't his last one

Only thing disheartening for me is the fact that I can never get a pair for retail I've tried to go for his last 4 big collabs and i always strikeout and have to go through the bay, or my local fb kicks group. Just can never land a pair after the link goes out

^keep trying, just got to be fast with the twitter link...
no doubt. just gotta keep on tryin only funny thing is for the high risks, I just happened to be awake, and had no money in my checking. Needless to say I was losing my ****

I only have twitter to follow shoe spots etc ya know so with that said im just gonna screen shot who i follow and then unfollow everyone thursday night then there should be no reason i click the wrong link lol

I remember reading you posted this somewhere else yesterday dont remember what site someone quoted you or something not sure. Anyway yeah good point

Yeah I never said anything about boycotting his shoes, even though that wouldn't work nowadays anyways because the resellers that he's targeted would still buy the whole inventory. I merely was stating that the gross fanboyism towards him is really misguided. That by keeping production low the only people he is really screwing over are his ride or die chicks, aka the dudes that suck his **** saying that everything he puts out is PERFECT. Yet they are totally blind to the fact that he could care less about them.

I just find it pretty absurd how asics has chosen him as their front man so to speak, yet they force people to pay out the *** for any good releases by letting him keep the numbers extremely low. Effectively alienating/frustrating any new people that are interested in getting a good quality release, and forcing everyone to deal with his BS. It essentially a monopoly that forces you to deal with him and his shop, or settle for a bland GR. I just don't really see why every other collab gets released at other shops to give plenty of people an opportunity/businesses some extra income, yet his aren't. I'd understand if every few pairs there'd be a store exclusive, but at this point to keep them ALL exclusive to him despite the demand being skyrocketed is just crazy.

Also I'm pretty sure that an increase in production would make a LOT more people happy than pissed off. I'm positive with the bred XIs that there were a lot more people happy to get a pair than there was people that were upset at them not being "exclusive enough".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom