Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

you can't buy clothes, shoes, art, music, etc., and factor in what kind of person they are, imo

I disagree with this. If it's out in the open that you're a terrible person, I'm not going to support you. There was a thread on this forum a couple of years back with a bunch of stories detailing how bad Michael Jordan treats people he comes in contact with, and from that day I haven't bought/worn a single pair of Jordan's. It really made me open my eyes and question why I was continuing to support a man who treats people that way. Over the next few months I sold my entire Jordan collection.

Now I'm sure I wear/support companies with questionable ethics, and I understand people make mistakes and have bad days, but you're not going to get my money if I believe you're a bad person deep down.

^ it's very simple. He's known exactly what he's doing. He's taken a shoe that even a few months ago would be clowned on by your typical hypebeast / Jordan collector and made them beast on it as hard as any hype sneaker release. Some of it is due to catchy colorways and premium materials, but most of it is due to his whole ethos of limited availability. Exclusivity... "Just us"... Just a few of us have these and that makes us cool. And people eat that stuff up in this sneaker culture (a culture filled mostly with people just trying to be cool, and have no personal taste enough to know whether they like something or not and if it even fits into their personal style, they just hop on any and every trend). So much so you got clowns getting "just us" tattoos and hanging onto every word and thing he releases, whether they like it or not. Exclusivity is probably 90% responsible for his success, if not more (and his family apparently owning David Z where he worked and likely how he connected with asics).

I disagree with this. If it's out in the open that you're a terrible person, I'm not going to support you. There was a thread on this forum a couple of years back with a bunch of stories detailing how bad Michael Jordan treats people he comes in contact with, and from that day I haven't bought/worn a single pair of Jordan's. It really made me open my eyes and question why I was continuing to support a man who treats people that way. Over the next few months I sold my entire Jordan collection.

Now I'm sure I wear/support companies with questionable ethics, and I understand people make mistakes and have bad days, but you're not going to get my money if I believe you're a bad person deep down.

Yeah, it's a personal choice. But to me, Michael Jordan didn't gain the world's attention from how nice of a guy he is, it was from his athletic and mental performance and determination (and that's still more important, a few 2nd hand stories about his behavior don't trump his accomplishments). But more than that for me, I just simply have bought the shoes of his I like, I'm no Jordan fanatic that has collected everything he's put out.

Ya just gotta know that nearly any and everything you consume is gonna be produced by someone or some company with questionable ethics. If you researched the source of everything you consumed you would prolly end up having very few material possessions. Lol. I don't personally care if someone is cocky or an @$%hole (unless they're like a rapist or something, but being cocky is no big deal to me, most people that are extremely talented are cocky, whether they publicly display it or not), I'm actually more fed up with society's love of jumping so quick to judge other people, when each of us should be using that energy to focus on our own shortcomings.

Last edited:
And I understand that argument too. I'm not going to judge anyone or lecture them for wearing Jordans, but I just made the decision that this was no longer a brand I wanted to support or be associated with. It's not like it's something I focus my time and energy into. Once I made my mind up, it just became a very insignificant part of my life. Although, I do find the whole grey market thing pretty interesting and I do like to visit that thread fairly frequently lol.

Look, what both Asics & RF are doing is working for the most part. I don't own any of his shoes and I'm not a fan of his, but I don't have anything against him either. Only recent shoes he designed that I wanted were the NY ECP but I was in the hospital at the time. I didn't care enough to pay resale prices, they're just sneakers and I'd rather spend my money in other ways.

You can't deny what he's done has raised Asics overall profile to the point where people are snatching up GRs when they release and I've generaly been happy with Asics recent GR GLIII & GT-II plus the ones on the horizon. Kill Bill Gel Sagas were gone as soon as word got out that a store had stock and the navy/orange GLIII sold out easily, I'm sure the same will happen with the camo GLIII that's releasing in the fall. I think the quality is good for a sneaker retailing at $85 so no complaints here and though Nike doesn't set the standard for quality, they are the leader in sneakers and I've been happier with Asics than Nike, especially considering the difference in price (Roshes aside).

It is my opinion that as a very influential head of a culture that many of us value, RF should hold some type of responsibility for the state of how sneaker culture is viewed by us, collectors, resellers and the general public. As someone with so much influence on how things work in the limited sneaker industry, you'd think that he would maybe try a little harder to change something about how things are done, but the fact of the matter is and he's stated this SEVERAL times, it is not his problem. My argument is, that it is HIS problem. It's all of our problems. A perfect example of someone that does speak out on issues in the sneaker industry would be Jeff Staple, using whatever influence he has to speak on the sad state of our culture. Granted, his releases may not exactly be the most accessible, at least he does not give off an air of being better than anyone else.

I don't know guys, I'm not here to bash RF. I'm speaking more on how some guys can just blindly follow him, or jordan, or kanye or whoever else, without questioning the character of the person releasing the products.

Jeff Staple interview:

"What would you like to see change in the future?

I miss the simplicity of sneaker culture: I see a great compelling commercial or ad for a shoe. I want it. I go to the mall, walk into three or four shops and look for it. Then I buy it. (Remember the days where your feet got measured for shoes and you'd walk around the store to see how they feel before you bought them? When was the last time you did that??) OK, then I go home. Lace them up slowly. And I am happy. Now everything is political: Who's getting it? Tier 3.1 Varsity First String accounts only? Damn... Who's getting it for free? Who do I gotta ask? OK, **** it I'll buy it... where's the end of the line? Oh, there's a Twitter raffle where you gotta Instagram and hashtag your virtual e-ticket that should be a printout of the e-newsletter from last week's Tumblr re-pin? ****. I missed it. OK, let me check eBay...oh it's four times the MSRP? OK, **** it. BUY. Get it in the mail. It's a fake. ****. How did it get this way? "

Spiderman quote:

"with great power comes great responsibility"

Guys like Staple, Fieg have the ability to change some of the things that we complain about ALL the time. Exclusivity, reselling, etc. All that stuff. I know RF doesn't HAVE TO care, I'm just saying that he should.

Take it how you want guys, yes I'm still going to try and buy a pair but I am not willing to camp out in person or online for anything. Retail or bust. When I speak of supporting RF, I'm moreso commenting on supporting the reselling prices of his products, thus fueling his ego. I don't see copping his products at retail to WEAR, really contributing anything to the hype. It's the dudes salivating over his JUST US crap and willing to pay 2x, 3x, 4x retail for a pair of his shoes. I'll admit buying it at retail is supporting him in some way but what can you do? I like the product. Hate the person.

Anyways, good luck to everyone copping his sneakers. Thought this was a message board in which we could talk about our hobby. Sorry that my post tickled some of yall soaked for RF vags.

It is my opinion that as a very influential head of a culture that many of us value, RF should hold some type of responsibility for the state of how sneaker culture is viewed by us, collectors, resellers and the general public. As someone with so much influence on how things work in the limited sneaker industry, you'd think that he would maybe try a little harder to change something about how things are done, but the fact of the matter is and he's stated this SEVERAL times, it is not his problem. My argument is, that it is HIS problem. It's all of our problems. A perfect example of someone that does speak out on issues in the sneaker industry would be Jeff Staple, using whatever influence he has to speak on the sad state of our culture. Granted, his releases may not exactly be the most accessible, at least he does not give off an air of being better than anyone else.

I don't know guys, I'm not here to bash RF. I'm speaking more on how some guys can just blindly follow him, or jordan, or kanye or whoever else, without questioning the character of the person releasing the products.

Jeff Staple interview:

"What would you like to see change in the future?

I miss the simplicity of sneaker culture: I see a great compelling commercial or ad for a shoe. I want it. I go to the mall, walk into three or four shops and look for it. Then I buy it. (Remember the days where your feet got measured for shoes and you'd walk around the store to see how they feel before you bought them? When was the last time you did that??) OK, then I go home. Lace them up slowly. And I am happy. Now everything is political: Who's getting it? Tier 3.1 Varsity First String accounts only? Damn... Who's getting it for free? Who do I gotta ask? OK, **** it I'll buy it... where's the end of the line? Oh, there's a Twitter raffle where you gotta Instagram and hashtag your virtual e-ticket that should be a printout of the e-newsletter from last week's Tumblr re-pin? ****. I missed it. OK, let me check eBay...oh it's four times the MSRP? OK, **** it. BUY. Get it in the mail. It's a fake. ****. How did it get this way? "

Spiderman quote:

"with great power comes great responsibility"

Guys like Staple, Fieg have the ability to change some of the things that we complain about ALL the time. Exclusivity, reselling, etc. All that stuff. I know RF doesn't HAVE TO care, I'm just saying that he should.

Take it how you want guys, yes I'm still going to try and buy a pair but I am not willing to camp out in person or online for anything. Retail or bust. When I speak of supporting RF, I'm moreso commenting on supporting the reselling prices of his products, thus fueling his ego. I don't see copping his products at retail to WEAR, really contributing anything to the hype. It's the dudes salivating over his JUST US crap and willing to pay 2x, 3x, 4x retail for a pair of his shoes. I'll admit buying it at retail is supporting him in some way but what can you do? I like the product. Hate the person.

Anyways, good luck to everyone copping his sneakers. Thought this was a message board in which we could talk about our hobby. Sorry that my post tickled some of yall soaked for RF vags.
All this coming from the dude who designed and released the Pigeons at his shop....

Dude caused all types of drama with that release.. 

roll.gif

Last edited:
^^ @jasroberts21 good post ... until the last 2 sentences could have just left that out man cmon

Last edited:
No offense but if Mr. Staple said that in an interview then why are his collaborations so limited as well? He makes no sense.

Never gone thru the kith website. is it just the fastest to get all the way through or just have it in their cart? do they tweet a link or will i refresh the website? 

Huh? I've gotten several fieg releases (I help out someone overseas) so I always gotta be on my game and the last one was knicks ecp (he liked both but wanted knicks more) and I was only able to get that pair...

But I remember them just appearing. Was it TLO? Nahh. Site was down until launch time. The in store release for that was a mess. People waited in line for hours and had a ticket guaranteeing their size :x

So nobody here is trying in store? Are they gonna do the list today or tomorrow?

They didn't even announce the release details yet though, ppl here were saying no line was allowed before that list smh

Back
Top Bottom