Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

The new Mercer are gonna be like Dress Pants Materials. Look really nice IMO Also whoever need a sz XL in Bleecker sweats holla at me

Last edited:
for the sake of conversation...

so after getting home from work today, my pair of "corals" from ubiq were waiting for me (will mention briefly that the shipping box it came in was oversized, and 1 of the shoes was flopping around outside of the coa box, but i ain't trippin')...what i want a discussion about...is when i actually looked at the side of the box, the colorway is printed as "black/salmon."

the point that i'm trying to make, is why kith/ronnie feels the need to call a color "coral," when it is in fact "salmon." i mean, they already made the "salmon" colorway popular and well-known from their asics "salmon toes" and new balance "salmon soles" (neither of which i personally own, so i'd be curious as to the actual colorway listed on the boxes for those 2), so why suddenly switch things up and call these puma's "coral?"

is it really just to craft the story for the inspiration of these coa puma's?

or did they simply want to use/market a more "lux" name to describe the cw instead of "salmon" because coa initially dropped in paris during fashion week (which is my current assumption, and is a brilliant move imo)?

anyone have any thoughts on this?

oh, and for those that care, yes, there were a few minor manufacturer/factory issues with my pair (small black scuff on the front right toe, excess glue around where the outsole curls up at the front toe tip on both shoes, etc.), but i never expect any shoes to be 100% "perfect," so no biggie...

if u watch interviews he conducted, he mentioned attending a friend's wedding where mint/coral colors were the theme.  Google coral and you'll see bridesmaid wearing that color..nothing referring to salmon.

my best guess would be that salmon and atlantis are the puma internal color names and thats why they differ from what RF wanted to call them. although that doesn't really hold much weight considering the box is not a puma box. the box appears to have whatever the hell RF wanted on it. 

I have salmon soles and the colors are nothing like the "corals" but what he said..maybe that's pumas color name for the salmon.

Last edited:
Tbh it's a marketing thing too. It's pretty obvious they're his two most famous colors, Cove and Salmon, but repetition is deadly to a brand, so a quick renaming of colours and you got yourself a marketable shoe. RF's a salesman above all else. He and Buscemi were kissing ***** earlier today on IG talking about how the upcoming 100mm were the most luxe shoes they've done to date, and possibly of all time, and were like profusely thanking each other. Literally just hyping themselves up, and it'll work. 

Are the puma disc coves pretty much impossible to find now? I heard there used to be a huge aftermarket for these

if u watch interviews he conducted, he mentioned attending a friend's wedding where mint/coral colors were the theme.  Google coral and you'll see bridesmaid wearing that color..nothing referring to salmon.

yeah, i know, that's why i assume he changed the name of the color in order to tell that story as his inspiration...

my best guess would be that salmon and atlantis are the puma internal color names and thats why they differ from what RF wanted to call them. although that doesn't really hold much weight considering the box is not a puma box. the box appears to have whatever the hell RF wanted on it. 
I have salmon soles and the colors are nothing like the "corals" but what he said..maybe that's pumas color name for the salmon.

you both make a great point here...but unfortunately even after researching online, i wasn't able to confirm the official manufacturer names for the "salmon" color for the asics "salmon toes" (just says "navy/white" on the box) and the new balance "salmon soles" (colors aren't even listed on the box at all).

Tbh it's a marketing thing too. It's pretty obvious they're his two most famous colors, Cove and Salmon, but repetition is deadly to a brand, so a quick renaming of colours and you got yourself a marketable shoe. RF's a salesman above all else. He and Buscemi were kissing ***** earlier today on IG talking about how the upcoming 100mm were the most luxe shoes they've done to date, and possibly of all time, and were like profusely thanking each other. Literally just hyping themselves up, and it'll work. 

yeah, you're probably right, ultimately, he's just calling it whatever color(s) he wants to that will 1) make it most marketable and 2) not make the color feel like it's gettin' overplayed/been-there-done-that...

but there's still a part of me that feels like most manufacturers consistently (and would want to) stick w/ their color names...i only see differences across manufacturers (i.e. - "volt" from nike vs. "electricity" from adidas). i mean, i don't think nike/jordan brand would ever suddenly want to start referring to the "infrared" color as "bright red" or something like that...

ultimately, it's ronnie, and he obviously doesn't conform to what others do, and you can't deny that he's a de facto marketing genius...so...i guess "coral" it is... :stoneface:

yeah, i know, that's why i assume he changed the name of the color in order to tell that story as his inspiration...

you both make a great point here...but unfortunately even after researching online, i wasn't able to confirm the official manufacturer names for the "salmon" color for the asics "salmon toes" (just says "navy/white" on the box) and the new balance "salmon soles" (colors aren't even listed on the box at all).
yeah, you're probably right, ultimately, he's just calling it whatever color(s) he wants to that will 1) make it most marketable and 2) not make the color feel like it's gettin' overplayed/been-there-done-that...

but there's still a part of me that feels like most manufacturers consistently (and would want to) stick w/ their color names...i only see differences across manufacturers (i.e. - "volt" from nike vs. "electricity" from adidas). i mean, i don't think nike/jordan brand would ever suddenly want to start referring to the "infrared" color as "bright red" or something like that...

ultimately, it's ronnie, and he obviously doesn't conform to what others do, and you can't deny that he's a de facto marketing genius...so...i guess "coral" it is...
indifferent.gif
flamingos also say salmon on the box.

Are the puma disc coves pretty much impossible to find now? I heard there used to be a huge aftermarket for these
THEYRE OUT THERE BUT SPORADICALLY.

I WAS DUMB FOR SLEEPING ON THEM MONTHS AGO BUT MADE A POWER MOVE AND TRADED HIGH RISKS FOR THEM

WHAT SIZE U SEARCHING FOR, ILL HELP U LOOK

Back
Top Bottom