Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

In all honesty, I am so fed up with New Balance and their off the wall pricing of recent releases that I would not even want to purchase a collab from Ronnie with them until they come back down to earth with their ridiculous pricing schemes.

I am not happy with New Balance right now.  They suck.

In all honesty, I am so fed up with New Balance and their off the wall pricing of recent releases that I would not even want to purchase a collab from Ronnie with them until they come back down to earth with their ridiculous pricing schemes.

Not saying I don't partially agree but I would much rather spend $250 on a pair of 997PRs than some lebrons

I actually dont mind paying a premium on NBs because they use quality materials on their high priced GRs and plus they are made in USA which raises prices because they don't use sweat shops...

Fun fact about the whole made in the USA thing.

Only a certain percentage of the shoe has to be made in the US to get that label stamped on it.

Yep, isn't it 60%?

Either way, the difference is night and day. My steel blue 999s have garbage paint.

Premium materials, made in USA, whatever.  Their prices are going up with little to no explanation.  I have said it before but the 997 at 260.00 was ridiculous, the 996 at 249.99 was absurd, and the recent "denim" look 1300 at 249.99 shows that New Balance is being greedy.

I respect the Made in USA approach to their shoes, and the fact that workers are paid better, but their pricing structure, if one has been paying attention to New Balance over the years (as I have) shows they are now just trying to see how far they can push the pricepoint on their shoes.

Once they crossed the 200.00 mark for their 997 and 996, I lost most of my love for the brand, which is sad, because I have been wearing NB since I was about 5.

Premium materials, made in USA, whatever.  Their prices are going up with little to no explanation.  I have said it before but the 997 at 260.00 was ridiculous, the 996 at 249.99 was absurd, and the recent "denim" look 1300 at 249.99 shows that New Balance is being greedy.

I respect the Made in USA approach to their shoes, and the fact that workers are paid better, but their pricing structure, if one has been paying attention to New Balance over the years (as I have) shows they are now just trying to see how far they can push the pricepoint on their shoes.

Once they crossed the 200.00 mark for their 997 and 996, I lost most of my love for the brand, which is sad, because I have been wearing NB since I was about 5.
the 997pr that just dropped were $260 and they were just as good, if not better than any collab NB has done in terms of materials..... i was fortunate enough to get a hook up on a discount but would have gladly paid full retail on those... they are one of my favorite kicks... 

Fun fact about the whole made in the USA thing.

Only a certain percentage of the shoe has to be made in the US to get that label stamped on it.
And the materials have changed very little.  I was at the Flagship store and checked out the 997 at 260,00, and was not seeing the 60.00 difference between those and the 997 in Navy and Gray (both of which I own).

And the recent 996 they just put out, at 239.99 or 249.99 or whatever they priced it at, is just ridiculous.

the 997pr that just dropped were $260 and they were just as good, if not better than any collab NB has done in terms of materials..... i was fortunate enough to get a hook up on a discount but would have gladly paid full retail on those... they are one of my favorite kicks... 
And that is why New Balance will continue to push the envelope because they know people, unfortunately, will pay those absurd prices.

I remember my Salmon Sole Purchase from Ronnie.  That price was fair.  I know the next release pricepoint is going to be downright stupid.

Last edited:

And that is why New Balance will continue to push the envelope because they know people, unfortunately, will pay those absurd prices.
like someone else mentioned above... i'd pay that for NBs over Foams, Jordans or Lebrons... it's pretty price but i like em... i'm a bit biased through because i live in MA and they are a MA based company... support local

like someone else mentioned above... i'd pay that for NBs over Foams, Jordans or Lebrons... it's pretty price but i like em... i'm a bit biased through because i live in MA and they are a MA based company... support local
obviously "local" is a huge company but stilll

But aside from collabs, all the shoes you mentioned you could have at $150. Point being, NB can price whatever they want since most of it hits sale anyway

Rf NB collab will be asian made M530. WestNYC doing one too.

As far as NB pricing go they can suck a fatty. Bespoke 997 will be €300 which is $394. Who is the target demographic?

Last edited:
Who cares where its made, like Ron Gawd said 80% of your collection is made in asia. NB can suck it with the prices, dope cw tho
laugh.gif

Instead of comparing the new balance price with some ridiculous nike price and trying to justify it that way, how about we just compare them to themselves from a few years prior and see if it's worth it. Do US made 574s cost $50 more to make now and have any improvements been made to them in this time? No. Are 1300s and 998s $30-$40 better than they were a few years ago? No. I think y'all get my point. They're hiking prices faster than jordan brand, and although you're getting a great quality product, it's not any better than the same quality product you got 3 years ago that was 1/3 of the price cheaper.

Instead of comparing the new balance price with some ridiculous nike price and trying to justify it that way, how about we just compare them to themselves from a few years prior and see if it's worth it. Do US made 574s cost $50 more to make now and have any improvements been made to them in this time? No. Are 1300s and 998s $30-$40 better than they were a few years ago? No. I think y'all get my point. They're hiking prices faster than jordan brand, and although you're getting a great quality product, it's not any better than the same quality product you got 3 years ago that was 1/3 of the price cheaper.

But take the 997GY for example. Incredible quality that hit the sales rack.

My point is, theyre getting a price hike but a majority of the people aren't paying it. Unlike JB, GR new balances don't sell out instantly. So you're not forced to pay that price if you want that shoe.

The sneaker "game" is booming, and all these companies are capitalizing on it while it's hot.

Companies know they can charge what they want, and for the most part it will sell.

Last edited:
The sneaker "game" is booming, and all these companies are capitalizing on it while it's hot.

Companies know they can charge what they want, and for the most part it will sell.

exactly.. i can understand the complaints from the consumer standpoint but its all about BUSINESS...sneaker business is big for the moment, and companies will capitalize off of your need to have new kicks..

As long as we the consumer continue to thirst for US/UK made models and cry about shape of shoes NB will continue to charge those prices. I love the shape and structure of US/UK models but materials of the asian made models are still top notch pig suede. So NB is basically saying if u want the US/UK  made models then bend over and get it. Be careful what you ask for. So a Us  made Rf collab will push the $300 dollar mark. The asian made was 175 so its gonna be really bad if Ronnie does a Us NB collab. Either way RF is rich. My boy owns a sneaker store and said asics charges him $20 bucls a pair for his asics he flips them to us for $160/170 and kills the game

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom