ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

No I plan on having 24-25 after summer then I'm buying a cammera
Only problem with having so many different pairs is that the majority of them go untouched. 3/4 of my Roshes are still DS since I haven't found time or the occasion to rock a new pair... 
mean.gif

Only problem with having so many different pairs is that the majority of them go untouched. 3/4 of my Roshes are still DS since I haven't found time or the occasion to rock a new pair... 
mean.gif
So I don't want to generate any arguments or have some die hard roshe fanatic coming at me for this (I do like roshes obviously). For a person who has been into sneakers for years, I have acquired quite a "collection"; consisting of various brands styles etc. I have a few models I really enjoy so I have a few colors of the same shoe. However, for the sake of variety there is no way in hell I'd ever have even 15+ pairs of the exact model. As of late I see some people scrambling for every imaginable pattern/color of the same shoe. Do people (with the means to buy so many pairs of shoes in the first place) actually have a sneaker "collection" with any variety anymore...Thoughts? Comments?

Last edited:
So I don't want to generate any arguments or have some die hard roshe fanatic coming at me for this (I do like roshes obviously). For a person who has been into sneakers for years, I have acquired quite a "collection"; consisting of various brands styles etc. I have a few models I really enjoy so I have a few colors of the same shoe. However, for the sake of variety there is no way in hell I'd ever have even 15+ pairs of the exact model. As of late I see some people scrambling for every imaginable pattern/color of the same shoe. Do people (with the means to buy so many pairs of shoes in the first place) actually have a sneaker "collection" with any variety anymore...Thoughts? Comments?
I own multiple pairs of a few models that one might consider excessive, ie. 10-15 pairs air max 90 and 10 asics gel lyte iii (not counting pairs i've had to trash) etc..  But these are 2 of my favorite models and like you this is after many years of purchasing shoes.  

This whole roshe craze is on a different level though The shoe has been out for a year and a half and dudes are in the 15-20 pair range!  I know the price is low, but you can still only wear one pair at a time.  Consumerism is literally consuming (no pun intended) a lot of the new "sneakerheads".  The "I gotta have everything" mentality is making them sacrifice a small, great quality collection of shoes for a huge collection of shoes they can't remember buying in bulk in a 2 month stretch.

Last edited:
I own multiple pairs of a few models that one might consider excessive, ie. 10-15 pairs air max 90 and 10 asics gel lyte iii (not counting pairs i've had to trash) etc..  But these are 2 of my favorite models and like you this is after many years of purchasing shoes.  

This whole roshe craze is on a different level though The shoe has been out for a year and a half and dudes are in the 15-20 pair range!  I know the price is low, but you can still only wear one pair at a time.  Consumerism is literally consuming (no pun intended) a lot of the new "sneakerheads".  The "I gotta have everything" mentality is making them sacrifice a small, great quality collection of shoes for a huge collection of shoes they can't remember buying in bulk in a 2 month stretch.

Yup the market is all screwed up. I remember when Jordan's only had a handful colorways for each silhouette, nowadays all signature lines have dozens of colorways. Every weekend is a new release, there's no time for anticipating the next release anymore. It's now, "what's coming out this weekend?"

And you're right, that "I gotta have everything" mentality is pathetic. I gave up on purchasing Jordan's once they retro'd my grails (Playoff XII's). I'd rather spend that 160+tax on more comfortable, every day shoes.

i have had a reeeaaal bad day and it just go worst, i missed out on the camos?!! shoot me now! lol

Last edited:
I'm guilty (very guilty 
laugh.gif
) of buying multiple CWs of the same pairs of shoes that I like.

I think the main difference with shoe releases today and of recent year is that when a new model is released for that year, ie Kobes, Lebrons, etc, there is literally a new colorway released every few weeks! Roshes and the other GR shoes have followed suit with this mantra. I would be more than ok if the "original 7" were the only Roshes released to date and kept restocking, but to keep the shoe in the buzz headlines, Nike will continue to release new colorways until all of the other moneygrabs are release (Roshe Highs, I'm looking at you! LOL)

Personally for me, I would rather have multiple pairs of the same shoe that I love in different colorways than have that same number of shoes in different models that I would appreciate less.

All of this. Whats sad is that even with so many models coming out its still somewhat hard to get them 

I'm so sick of all these Roshes randomly releasing in the middle of the day while I'm at my 8 to 4.  I get off work and check my IG and see that a new pair has been released at some random boutique that only does phone orders and by the time I call there all sold out. I guess all in all its just frustrating waiting for them to release elsewhere

end rant

I'm so sick of all these Roshes randomly releasing in the middle of the day while I'm at my 8 to 4.  I get off work and check my IG and see that a new pair has been released at some random boutique that only does phone orders and by the time I call there all sold out. I guess all in all its just frustrating waiting for them to release elsewhere

end rant

that does suck. but then when everyone knows date & time (ie saturday, 8a est) the letdown from striking out is just as tough.

what if you call ahead to these boutiques before your 8 to 4 and ask if they'll be getting any new/specific product in. I'm sure they'll help out if you explain your 8 to 4 situation.

mean.gif
agreed.  havent had the opportunity to wear all my roshes yet

end rant

unbuntch ya panties fam...if they drop at a boutique more than likely ndc will have them along with most of the usual suspects

Back
Top Bottom