RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Today's run...

ebates for NDC is now at 10.5%... I'm hoping it'll still be around when the Apple Watch drops this Friday. :nerd:

Really want to get new shoes. But I also want to get a new running jacket :nerd:. Going to see how the new flash jacket looks. I really wish I had last years, the color was so sick.

I have a $200 Nike gift card that I want to use, really wish I could've used it overseas. Peg33s might just get bought real soon though

When I was in Berlin, the Nike store was a having 30% off sale on EVERYthing. I would only see people wearing adidas only, Nike must really be desperate for sales over there :lol:

Eurpean fashion is a whole nother thing over there.

Puma, adidas, and some other brands are highly favored there rather than nike/jordan like it is here. When i went to europe i was thinking all the limited stuff would be available....na :rofl: Just regular team jordans and basic nike stuff. I got some shirts and stuff for cheap tho so i aint mad at that.

Last edited:
Apple Watch 2 comes out today, I pre-ordered mine so I won't get it til Monday sadly.

To those who plans to get it this weekend, let us know your first impression and thoughts.

And yes ebates is still at 10.5 cashback for NDC

Last edited:
Was at the Apple Nike + watch launch this morning. Was pretty cool. Ran 5km with 3 Olympians and got the opportunity to pick up my Apple Watch. Each runner got a free shirt and Starbucks card.

Not opening it till my birthday (delayed gratification)

I was in Toronto last week and didn't know they had a marathon going on, I would have ran it but just noticed it when got stuck in traffic downtown because of road closures.

Was at the Apple Nike + watch launch this morning. Was pretty cool. Ran 5km with 3 Olympians and got the opportunity to pick up my Apple Watch. Each runner got a free shirt and Starbucks card.

Not opening it till my birthday (delayed gratification)

Dope! I've been wanting an NRC shirt!

Just got the 42mm from the Apple Store to test out...

If all goes well, I'll return it and repurchase it from NDC with ebates. :D

Test run with the Apple Watch

Quick thoughts... I love how it looks on wrist and the bright display. HOWEVER, I didn't know my pace until the end of the run, which frustrated me... :stoneface: I was pretty anxious throughout the run not knowing how fast/slow I was running. There has to be a way to customize what metrics you see, right?! I also didn't like how it turned off after a short amount of time... I need to spend time configuring it more. :nerd:

Last edited:
With the og Apple Watch you can customize what shows up on the main screen a lot. I should note that I never used the Nike app with the app when running (heart rate only shows with the workout app)

While I was playing around with the configurations... I found out that there's an "advance" toggle in the NRC settings. I'm pretty sure this feature displays pace. I'll give it another test run soon.

-edit-

So turning the advance toggle ON will display CURRENT PACE and HR.

http://www.seattlepi.com/business/t...a-fine-running-companion-with-or-10420275.php
...turn on advanced mode for current pace and heart rate. My gripes: no manual splits, and average pace appears only when pausing or through the voice updates.

This is where Garmin wins... METRICS. :smh:

Last edited:
Would you recommend the Garmin over the Apple 2 watch?  Picked up the black and volt Nike Apple watch yesterday but haven't unboxed it yet.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this

Would you recommend the Garmin over the Apple 2 watch?  Picked up the black and volt Nike Apple watch yesterday but haven't unboxed it yet.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this

Hmmm... it really depends on what you want in a GPS watch.

Personally, I don't consider myself a hardcore runner. I'm a little more into running than the casual runner, so I don't need that many metrics. The only metrics I want to SEE on my watch would be DISTANCE, TIME, PACE and AVERAGE PACE. All but the average pace are on the Apple Watch (like any other running GPS watch). Garmin has a slew of customization options, and they also provide much more than the essential metrics. The Apple Watch display looks far far better than my VA. The colors, text, graphics interface look CRISP! If you're more into metrics and other activities, I think Garmin is the way to go.

Disappointed to hear about no avg pace on that watch...maybe they can have it on an update soon?

I've been able to take a forced week off after twisting my ankle last Sunday halfway through my longest run of my training plan (was going to be a 30-miler). I put in about 2 miles today and felt pretty good, but can still feel some sore spots. Going to have to switch plans and decrease mileage for the next couple weeks. I'm tapering anyway, so I really just need to keep up the fitness. I'm glad I'm not going for any PRs for this one!

Get well soon, Tim!

I wore my Apple Watch to work today, and I noticed the battery gets drained pretty quickly. I only used it for knowing time. On the plus side, it charges up pretty quickly as well.

Trial Run 2.

PROS (as a RUNNING WATCH):
- Looks AMAZING and sleek on wrist
- Text / Graphics look CRISP
- Seems a lot more accurate than my defective VA :tongue:
- Quick Charge Up
- Wrist raise wakes up the device
- You can see your monthly mileage on the home screen
- Run without a phone

CONS (as a RUNNING WATCH):
- No option for AVERAGE PACE on display while running
- No Mile Splits
- Mediocre Battery Life (this run drained 20-25%)
- No run history on watch
- HR only works when paired with a phone
- Limited customization
- PRICE >$400 for the 42mm

For Trial Run 3, I'll have both the Apple Watch and my Garmin on wrist to compare the two.

Last edited:
So, #ntroct600 was a bust, haha.  The tracking seems off.  So, we'll scrap challenges until we think they've fixed it.

I have to say, the Apple Watch looks very nice.  But, since I have no Apple products, nor do I want any, I don't think it will work as well as a standalone.

Doesn't the Nike Apple Watch Sync with your Nike+ App on your phone where you can see your run history?

Also, have you tried running with just the watch and syncing a bluetooth headphones and just listen to music from the watch? If so, how much battery did it drain?

So, #ntroct600 was a bust, haha.  The tracking seems off.  So, we'll scrap challenges until we think they've fixed it.

I have to say, the Apple Watch looks very nice.  But, since I have no Apple products, nor do I want any, I don't think it will work as well as a standalone.

Yeah! SMH... Even our staple hashtag is off! [emoji]128529[/emoji]

Doesn't the Nike Apple Watch Sync with your Nike+ App on your phone where you can see your run history?

Also, have you tried running with just the watch and syncing a bluetooth headphones and just listen to music from the watch? If so, how much battery did it drain?

Yeah, it does sync, and you can see your run HX on the phone but not on the watch SMH. I haven't tried the syncing the watch to my BT headphones yet...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom