||||| (RUNNERS of the FREEworld) ||| (A Nike Free Appreciation Thread) |||||

For today.

Really liking this base upper more than the 2s
grin.gif

6118132387_6a461618e2_z.jpg

6118679260_ee5a4ca364_z.jpg

6118682034_7a8fe23e98_z.jpg

Nice lace switch, E! They remind me of the Pharrell Dunks!

I was at SoCal for the entire weekend for the Disney 1/2 Marathon with some fam. All I wore were FR2s casually around the parks and for Race Day.
happy.gif

33loyo7.png

Finished at 1:37. Pretty good for my 1st 1/2... I think. I'm definitely considering racing it again next year with a faster goal!
2587z3b.png

Nice lace switch, E! They remind me of the Pharrell Dunks!

I was at SoCal for the entire weekend for the Disney 1/2 Marathon with some fam. All I wore were FR2s casually around the parks and for Race Day.
happy.gif

33loyo7.png

Finished at 1:37. Pretty good for my 1st 1/2... I think. I'm definitely considering racing it again next year with a faster goal!
2587z3b.png

nwt how did you size on the 3.0s? im having trouble deciding which pair to id next and your pictures look amazing

also, why do you prefer the 3.0 upper?

nwt how did you size on the 3.0s? im having trouble deciding which pair to id next and your pictures look amazing

also, why do you prefer the 3.0 upper?

Great Job! Was considering running the Disney one as well cuz the medals are sooo nice but was hesitant because of the weather. Usually HOT around that time!!!! How was the weather on race day? Next pick-up will be some free 3.0's V2!!!!

Great Job! Was considering running the Disney one as well cuz the medals are sooo nice but was hesitant because of the weather. Usually HOT around that time!!!! How was the weather on race day? Next pick-up will be some free 3.0's V2!!!!

JHawx: Nice pick-up on those FR2s!

Eric: Thanks! They are, bro! It's crazy how the Disney medal is my biggest and best looking of all my three
eek.gif
, and it was half! The weather was IDEAL! It had an SF feel to it. I'd estimate ~62°F. We started at around 6AM, so that definitely helped.

JHawx: Nice pick-up on those FR2s!

Eric: Thanks! They are, bro! It's crazy how the Disney medal is my biggest and best looking of all my three
eek.gif
, and it was half! The weather was IDEAL! It had an SF feel to it. I'd estimate ~62°F. We started at around 6AM, so that definitely helped.

Nice time in your half marathon Ray.  I ran my first half earlier this year in April and finished in 1:45.  It was pretty good considering I was only running 30-35 miles a week at the time.  Got my mileage up to 50-60 a week now, and have the Detroit Free Press half marathon in Oct.  I have considered a pair of the Frees for training runs, but not sure if I would like them.  I am running in the Vomero 6 right now and really like them.  I am a bigger runner, (6'0", 185) so I prefer a really cushioned ride.  I tried the Lunar Eclipse because so many people on here said they liked them, but I didn't like them too much.  How is the ride in the Frees?

Nice time in your half marathon Ray.  I ran my first half earlier this year in April and finished in 1:45.  It was pretty good considering I was only running 30-35 miles a week at the time.  Got my mileage up to 50-60 a week now, and have the Detroit Free Press half marathon in Oct.  I have considered a pair of the Frees for training runs, but not sure if I would like them.  I am running in the Vomero 6 right now and really like them.  I am a bigger runner, (6'0", 185) so I prefer a really cushioned ride.  I tried the Lunar Eclipse because so many people on here said they liked them, but I didn't like them too much.  How is the ride in the Frees?

^Thanks, Sir! Not a bad time there yourself!

Cool. 

perfectfit_shoelegends_stability.gif

After looking at the RRS fit legend, it seems your Vomeros will work better than the Free Runs. FR2s are classified as a "Performane Neutral" shoe. 

I have high arches and I'm under 180, and I LOVE FRs for casual wear and performance. I was a bit clueless why my friends and fam found it surprising that I ran the race in Frees...

^Thanks, Sir! Not a bad time there yourself!

Cool. 

perfectfit_shoelegends_stability.gif

After looking at the RRS fit legend, it seems your Vomeros will work better than the Free Runs. FR2s are classified as a "Performane Neutral" shoe. 

I have high arches and I'm under 180, and I LOVE FRs for casual wear and performance. I was a bit clueless why my friends and fam found it surprising that I ran the race in Frees...

FREE RUN+ 3
(courtesy of zzazin)

MENs
getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

*Prospect
getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

^^^COPPED!^^^
getImage

*Prospect

WMNs
getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

Notables:
- Looks like a blend with the original FR X Eclipse 2
- Return of FR1 mesh
- Centered Swoosh a la FR1
- Designs on lateral side a la FR1
- New Midsole set-up. A lot more vertical lines
- All but the two Black/Grey cws have a Volt strap
indifferent.gif
 a la Eclipse 2
 2 > 3 > 1, imo.

FREE RUN+ 3
(courtesy of zzazin)

MENs
getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

*Prospect
getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

^^^COPPED!^^^
getImage

*Prospect

WMNs
getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

getImage

Notables:
- Looks like a blend with the original FR X Eclipse 2
- Return of FR1 mesh
- Centered Swoosh a la FR1
- Designs on lateral side a la FR1
- New Midsole set-up. A lot more vertical lines
- All but the two Black/Grey cws have a Volt strap
indifferent.gif
 a la Eclipse 2
 2 > 3 > 1, imo.

They look alright.

Hey Ray, saw you ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon, nice! I ran the 5k the day before, kind of sucked though cause they made the running path narrow and all the walkers took up most of it.

They look alright.

Hey Ray, saw you ran the Disneyland 1/2 marathon, nice! I ran the 5k the day before, kind of sucked though cause they made the running path narrow and all the walkers took up most of it.

Yep! Nice! My fam ran the 5K too. The Starting Line skit was DOPE with the Jedis, Stormtroopers and Darth Vader! I was a spectator, and I even got hyped!
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, they told me about the narrowed path too. They also told me that the Finish Line wasn't that great. Not only that, we couldn't see them cross it
indifferent.gif
. I wish they'd allow more spectator zones. I expected Disneyland to make it a DOPE race all around...

Were you the one running in the GrinchVIs btw?  

14tlw1w.png

Yep! Nice! My fam ran the 5K too. The Starting Line skit was DOPE with the Jedis, Stormtroopers and Darth Vader! I was a spectator, and I even got hyped!
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah, they told me about the narrowed path too. They also told me that the Finish Line wasn't that great. Not only that, we couldn't see them cross it
indifferent.gif
. I wish they'd allow more spectator zones. I expected Disneyland to make it a DOPE race all around...

Were you the one running in the GrinchVIs btw?  

14tlw1w.png

Ray-Nope, I was wearing my Livestrong FR2's.

I did see some people in Kobe's though, there's always that guy
30t6p3b.gif

Ray-Nope, I was wearing my Livestrong FR2's.

I did see some people in Kobe's though, there's always that guy
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom