Sasha Vujacic "THE MACHINE" appreciation post!

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Are you serious?
You're comparing Lamar Odom's ball handling skills to Sasha's? When has Sasha ever taken anyone off the dribble?
If anything he's a Euro version of Eddie House and Damon Jones. Except, he just plays pesky D.

good ball handling skills doesnt necessarily refer to taking people off the dribble, it just refers to someone who's can do a good job of handling the ball- bring it up- and initiate plays, there's no way in my mind that lamar odom does a better job than sasha at handling the ball, the only difference is that lamar odom does a semi-slow job of bringing it up - while no one is guarding him - while sasha likes to bring it up fast while some one's on him, lamar's just able to take people off the dribble cause he's faster than a lot of the PFs who end up guarding him, put someone like marion or battier on him and its a different story

If that's the case, then Eddie House and Damon Jones have good ball handling skills.

Sasha brings up the ball fast on a break, then OC happens. Word to Stu Lantz.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

If that's the case, then Eddie House and Damon Jones have good ball handling skills.
Sasha brings up the ball fast on a break, then OC happens. Word to Stu Lantz.

i guess, the only people who really come to mind that don't have good ball handling skills are some SFs, a lot of PFs, and most Cs, not to be racistbut a lot of white cats dont have em either|

its somewhat hard for me to think of smaller guards who dont have good ball handling skills, most of assume their going to be PGs so thats what they work on

I never see dude miss a shot......
pimp.gif

been a fan since he beginning stating he has good pesky defense(president of mike bibby club), and he is a pure shooter. Dude has been doin the same thing hesbeen doing his 1st year. Diff is Phil moved him to SG and the team has more confidence in his shot. He is a quick shooter from anywhere on the floor and heexpects to make every shot. Korver vs Sasha has been the best matchup in the series so far. Both run off of low screens ala Reggie miller and when they catchthe ball they immediately turn and shoot. Its a true masterpiece to watch.

I hold my breath every time hit dribbles the ball.
laugh.gif

He has been a great spark off the bench all season long.
pimp.gif

Did I add if hes wide open with a shot it for the most part goes in? Im waiting for Kobe to make him into steve kerr if we need a last second 3.

Originally Posted by Verdykt

Dudes a douche. it's not cause i'm a Jazz fan either. But who gives themselves nicknames?

He didn't give himself the nickname, it was Stu Lantz the Lakers color guy. TNT just straight lies.

Didn't Stu give him the nickname "The Machine"? I was dyin the first time i heard it.
laugh.gif

Contract year or not, dude's been ballin' this year and is actually a pretty big contributor to the team. You guys act like he's supposed to beable to take people off the dribble, post up, ball handle, shoot 3's, AND D up. He's like 6'6 so his handles aren't going to be as quick asother point guards. The Machine plays some great face guard defense on opposing teams shooters and constantly knocks down the open J when KB24, Pau, or Lamarget doubled. He's doing MORE than his part for the team..

Originally Posted by nyk buc

i'm a lakers fan

laugh.gif
at nyk buc jumping on the bandwagon.

at first i thought this post would be to discredit a certain invidual of the teamwork he has done this season as in all his other previous posts but this timeim wrong. he just wanted to make us laugh
laugh.gif

Your lame if you dont like Sasha, yea hes struggled in the past but now hes playing really good. COME ON, would u rather have Smush Parker or Sasha? If youpick Smush and your a Laker fan, its time to turn in your team card.

I'm not taking anything away from Sasha since he's contributing to the Lakers. He's knocking down the open jumper and he's playing solid peskydefense.

But personally, I still think he sucks. That's just me though.

My old avy.

e1835c424b986f6ad39d52711bcceb9a2d4e81b_t.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TannerVon

Your lame if you dont like Sasha, yea hes struggled in the past but now hes playing really good. COME ON, would u rather have Smush Parker or Sasha? If you pick Smush and your a Laker fan, its time to turn in your team card.

I sure as hell would take Laron Profit and Maurice Evans over Sasha though.

profit was alright in the short time he was with the lakers, but mo evans always got me mad. he would be open, catch the ball, hesitate, take 2-3 dribbles witha defender now in front of him and then shoot...at least the machine doesn't hesitate.

KB8 the hate is strong in you. LOL.

You gotta admit though, Sasha has been balling this year.

SMH at whoever said this dude had good ball handling skills... i rather have andrew bynum bring the ball up the floor in a wheel chair

also son cant pass and drive for nothing. all he can do is shoot..

Granted, Mo couldn't shoot to save his life, but dude showed a lot of effort going to the rack or trying to scrape up an offensive rebound. He was also asolid defender.

As far as Laron went, dude had mad potential and was great coming off the bench for Kobe during 04-05. Just a damn shame when he went down with that Achillesinjury.

KB8 the hate is strong in you. LOL.

You gotta admit though, Sasha has been balling this year.
You damn right.
laugh.gif

Well, I mean it's a working formula according to CP.
The more I hate, the better he shoots.
So why stop hating?
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

SMH at whoever said this dude had good ball handling skills... i rather have andrew bynum bring the ball up the floor in a wheel chair

also son cant pass and drive for nothing. all he can do is shoot..

so what are we suggesting here, that this guy turns the ball over every time he brings it up? and also when he drives?

im not saying he's steve nash, im just saying that he's capable of protecting the ball as a handler and can make passes here and there

I used to h ate him like I hate kwame but he has been lights out this season. Sasha right now is better than Brian Cook at any time. Sasha is a pure shooterwhile Cook was not. He has been making clutch shots too.
pimp.gif

i'm a bandwagon lakers fan (if you believe it or not)
fixed.

and Sasha has been nice this year. I expect every shot he takes to go in. he's the best 3 shooter we have on the Lakers.
I say if we make it to the WCF, Buss is gonna work hard and pay to keep most of the team in tact.

Back
Top Bottom