SCHOOL ME ON CUSTOMS

excuse me guys :S
i got a pair of texture 2k5 i wanna paint?
can i do it? i want the texture part blk.... can it b done?
if so wut kinda paint and stuff should i use?

is the texture part porous? like its more of a foam type material? if so you can dye it black using permanent markers or ink.
"I hope you get to a better place in your life where you dont have to walk around TELLING people how cool you are and hoping they look at you."

i have a pair of white air force ......there old already.......so i wanted to paint them.......my question is .....can u paint them with a sharpie marker....has anyone tried this before?

i read a lot of posts, and saw the pics.

im gonna take my vc 4's (black, red) and paint them all black.

i will post results when i am done.
AC.Fusi0n

hey guys. i have a problem.

ive only worn these about 20 times and the midsole paint is cracking along the whole interior and exterior

xdfgj4.jpg

its a basic white finish with almost zero gloss.

Any paint tips on this? should I sand down the finish and just repaint with basic acrylic white?

erm... u paint your midsole ?
from wat i know.. u cant paint midsoles using normal paint.. bcoz the paint cant bond with the rubber sole...

steppingrazor spoke about it on this very thread.
basically strip the foam good quality acrylic with plently of fabric medium.
i use some non permanent masking fluid too, its basically liquid latex so it gives it that ability to stretch a bit more.

Quick question. I'm trying to restore my Jordan 2's, and from this post I've concluded that I can use an Artline marker for the suede, but what paint should I use to restore the black on the midsole? Thanks

i see everybody had their own opinion on paints, but i want to know more about angelus since a majority of people say that these are of higher quality then other paints.

i want to know the full process of painting kicks. From choosing colors to taking pictures of the kicks. Does angelus paint need any acetone to make it more flexible or is it already good enough.

Are any things that you need to do before applying the paint?. Somebody school me on textile mediums or any mediums and what the purpose of these are.

How many layers of paint is necessary?
Would you mix acetone with the paint or apply it to the shoe then the paint.

Any info would be appreciated.

is there anyway to paint the midsole? i dont feel like reading 6 pages, so i hope its not already posted
I'm Native, if that matters.
also check me out on myspace!!
myspace.com/shoesjh

Quote:
is there anyway to paint the midsole? i dont feel like reading 6 pages, so i hope its not already posted

its been discussed...stop being lazy
But then again I could be totally wrong

=Geek

I CANT SPELL, SO DONT POINT IT OUT WHEN I MISPELL SOMETHING
I dont mean NT "ninjas" the real ones

the point is for point it never stays on forever not enelse its ever toched so saying witch paint is better doesnt matter since u will have to repaint it sooner or later

wow...I just decided to try to customize some old shoes, then try some some ghetto shoes from walmart or somthing before i try any thing else...but there is SOOO much great info in here...can somebody put a list of what supplies to get...I just came back from Hobby lobby the local arts store and i got a lil bit of everything ...
brushes
paints
masking tape
but i could not find the stuff to put on the shoes before i paint...the acetone..? any help on this would be apprecaited..!
****Team Born-Again****

"Jesus Christ Is Life, the rest is collection Js"...

Rev.19:16
"On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS."

i think acetone is just nail polish remover
But then again I could be totally wrong

=Geek

I CANT SPELL, SO DONT POINT IT OUT WHEN I MISPELL SOMETHING
I dont mean NT "ninjas" the real ones

nah, some nail polish removers have acetone in them, but you'd proabbly be better off just buyin straight acetone from the hardware store

You are better off getting pure acetone, nail polish remover, at least some of them have fragrance and moisturizers added to them. I am not sure how well that works when mixed with the paint.

does anyone know what material are these blazers made of ?
54916152_1.jpg

54911825_3.jpg

what kind of paint can be used for this kind of material?

wink.gif

Whats the best way to like engrave a gator pattern on leather or how to do the plastic/see-through look?

the Blazers look tobe suede...I find its really hard to paint suede cause you lose that "feel" or texture. I hear it can be dyed though, but only to a darker color. To make it lighter, I'd assume you have to bleach it 1st, then dye it

i think i already stated how to bleach suede earlier in this thread... maybe i'll edit one of my first page posts with the info cuz it seems people arent reading through this. anyways, all you do is take bleach, apply it generously to the suede (use q tips or cotton balls or whatever). let it dry, apply again until you get it as light as you want it. then get leather dye. use qtips to apply the dye. let the dye dry and use your fingernail or a blade rubbed sideways to renap the suede.
"I hope you get to a better place in your life where you dont have to walk around TELLING people how cool you are and hoping they look at you."

o. icic,but when bleaching the suede, do you leave the bleach on the shoes to dry, or use a cloth to rub the suede? And also, is it possible to use fabric paints instead of leather dye.

Back
Top Bottom