Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

"We didn't come out with 10 men, we came out with 11," Fletcher said. "We decided to do that last night. We wanted to play defense with Sean Taylor on the field one more time."

wow..... that statement made me cry. damn. Sean you were taken from your family too soon. You gave more than enough to your fans. Thank you. We will allmiss you.

"We didn't come out with 10 men, we came out with 11," Fletcher said. "We decided to do that last night. We wanted to play defense with Sean Taylor on the field one more time."

tired.gif
frown.gif

Thanks for the link to the tribute video dyyhard.

For the beast that he was on the field Sean seemed quiet and soft spoken off of it.

Originally Posted by bayareaboss

best play i think ill ever see in my life is when the ******** lined up with only 10 men on deffense to be honest kinda brought a tear to my eye. that is the best thing i think they can do to honer him. i dont think they can replace a player like him

That was a great moment. USC did something similar the first game after their kicker died, but this was midseason. These players had no time to cope....itsjust unreal.

Dont know if its been answered already but is there a reason his funeral is being held @ FIU instead of Miami?
From what I understand there is some sort of presidential campaign stop/debate or something scheduled at the UM arena, so they couldn't do itthere. The service couldn't be held any other day but tomorrow b/c the entire ******** organization will be there (tomorrow is the off-day b/c they play onThurs.). There was, however, a candlelight vigil at UM today, so they did do something.

That just watered my eyes.
frown.gif

yo this is real talk right here

RIP 21

tired.gif
outacontrol music wrote:

Strangely I have never heard ST talk...

Same here, the only thing i've ever heard him say was "Sean Taylor, University of Miami" before the eagles,******** game.

Dam that10 man defense had me
frown.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

Wow....
tired.gif

[h1]SEAN TAYLOR MURDER: Whereabouts of 5th suspect unknown[/h1][h3]By WINK News
[/h3]
Story Created: Dec 2, 2007 at 12:49 PM EST

Story Updated: Dec 2, 2007 at 7:15 PM EST

FORT MYERS, FLA - WINK NEWS has received confirmation from new sources there is a fifth suspect wanted, for at least questioning, in the shooting death of NFL star Sean Taylor.

It's a story making headlines across the nation, focused in Lee County.

On Sunday WINK News' Nick Spinetto spoke with CNN's Fredrica Whitfield about the latest developments in the Sean Taylor case.

As for the fifth suspect, we have not been able to determine where the fifth suspect is currently.

The suspect could be on the run, in custody for questioning, or possibly even arrested on other charges. We do know a fourth suspect made his first appearance in court on Sunday.

Nineteen year-old Jason Scott Mitchell stood before a lee county judge sunday via closed circuit television.

He is the last of four suspects to make a first appearance in the shooting death of pro football player Sean Taylor.

Mitchell is charged with first degree felony murder, along with burglary, and robbery with a firearm. His lawyer Sawyer Smith told WINK News, "(Mitchell is) in shock right now. And one can speculate that part of the shock he's in has to do with remorse and grief."

The three other men arrested, Eric Rivera, Venjah Hunte, and Charles Wardlow had their day in court Saturday. All on the same charges as Mitchell.

Investigators say the four-some went to steal from Taylor's Miami home monday. Taylor was shot during the robbery and died the next day. "I'd like to speak on behalf of the mitchell family and they are very remorseful and are expressing grief for the taylor family and their hearts and their prayers go out to the Taylor family," said Smith.

All the defendants are awaiting extradition back to Miami.

Here's a quick look at the events surrounding the athlete's murder:
*Sunday's court appearance comes nearly a week after the shooting.
*The shooting happened monday, during a robbery attempt at his Miami home.
*Taylor died tuesday, as a result of those wounds.
*The four suspects were arrested in Lee County Friday.

A funeral service for taylor is planned for Monday at Florida International University.

[h3]NFL Players to Attend Sean's Funeral[/h3]
Emailed every PR staff in the NFL yesterday to try to find out which players were planning on attending Sean's funeral this morning. Didn't exactly get a tremendous response, but I do know these guys were scheduled to come, most of them being fellow products of the University of Miami:

San Francisco - Frank Gore
Chicago - Devin Hester, Greg Olsen, Tommie Harris and Adam Archuleta were trying to get there (short week for the Bears with the Thursday night game here.

New England - The Patriots play on Monday Night Football tonight, but former Hurricanes Vince Wilfork and Santonio Thomas and safety Brandon Meriweather flew to Florida for a ceremony over the weekend.

Minnesota - Bryan McKinnie
Baltimore Also play Monday night. Former Hurricanes Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Willis McGahee tried to get a private jet to get back in time for the game, but the weather looked iffy and it did not seem likely they would actually get here.
New Orleans - Renaldo Wynn

Hopefully, I'll get more responses today and will be able to put together a more comprehensive list.

From JLC's Insider Blog

[h6]Posted at 9:35 AM ET, 12/ 3/2007[/h6] [h3]Good Morning/Order of Celebration[/h3]
It is a beautiful morning in Miami, the kind of day that starts with you opening the blinds to a blinding sun. We arrived at the arena here for the funeral, and most of the family is gathering at the main entrance.

Received a copy of the order of celebration, and the ******** will be heavily represented. It will open with a slide show and after the reading of scriptures NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell will offer his condolences. The owner Daniel Snyder and Coach Joe Gibbs will offer tributes, along with tailback Clinton Portis, former ******* LaVar Arrington and Sean's agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

Members of the Taylor family and the Junor family (Sean's mother's side) will reflect as well. University of Miami Coach Randy Shannon is scheduled to speak - Shannon was the Miami defensive coordinator when Sean was there - and two of his college/high school teammates will speak as well, including Buck Ortega, who played with Sean in high school and college and was a rookie free-agent signing by the ******** a few years back (he did not make the team).

Mayor Otis Wallace, the mayor of Florida City Florida, is also among those taking part (Sean's father, Pedro, is the chief of police in Florida City.)

It appears that much of the campus here at Florida International University is devoted to the ceremony. There are police leading traffic and as soon as you enter the campus the main sign is lit up with Sean's name. A fleet of limos is parked around the back of Pharmed Arena and the ******** delegation should be arriving shortly I imagine, as they were scheduled to fly out of Dulles around 6 am.

We didn't come out with 10 men, we came out with 11," Fletcher said. "We decided to do that last night. We wanted to play defense with Sean Taylor on the field one more time.
frown.gif

I attented the game yesteday and let me say form the moment I woke up on Sunday I knew it was going to be a rough day. I was in a bad mood the entire day. Thetribute video was very touching and had everyone at fed-ex field crying. When they went out with 10 men on the field and everyone was holding up their 21towels up it gave me goosbumps. I am glad I went payed my respects to Taylor and said goodbye.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor I am going to miss you.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

No disrespect, but why is Jesse Jackson there?

My-T.
word he seems to be more focused on being in "ambulance chasing media hog" mode

I just dunno about Jesse these days.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

No disrespect, but why is Jesse Jackson there?

My-T.

man that really pissed me off when i saw that...i really cant stand him or al sharpton

Back
Top Bottom