Sean Taylor dead at the age of 24.

^thats how most deaths from stick-ups/robberys happen tho. You never go into it like "we gon kill this N', then take ____", its usually out ofeither panic or a last resort. *+#+ so unfortunate tho, lil N's aint got no heart, self-respect, or fidelity on em... he let you into his house, gave hisfam an opportunity to make money by doing choirs around his house, and you take that as an opportunity for a come-up, that really angers me...

Im waiting for PTI to come on so Wilbon can look stupid on camera...

and I agree with this from that other thread...

Man, I was very sad about ST, but now I can't even express the amount of SMH, I'm doing.....

This is just getting out of hand....

When I got locked up a few weeks ago, (DUI) there was this 17 year old kid in there, and he was in for burglary he said he had a daughter, and I'm just looking at him like.... wow this generation is so out of control.

What makes it even worse in my eyes....is now days....ITS NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD AS IT USE TO BE.

Like they not growing up in the crack era, they not growing up in the race era, I really have to credit this behavior to a couple things....

Bad economic structure in our country, its really hard out here to get jobs and make an honest living....compared to like 10 years ago, when Jobs was everywhere (I just watched MJ's dvd, and Bill Clinton saying he created 6 million jobs)

Young parents.... all these "kids having kids" its to the point now that, these kids are running wild cuz they parents aren't educated enough to teach them nothing, cuz they didn't learn nothing.... when I meet a girl and she is 21 and her mom is 36 and they BOTH talkin to me about how "real" Jeezy is......I wanted to throw up.

And I always defended Hip Hop in these type of situations...but I will say this....
When I was growing up, the rappers talked about the stuff we saw (drugs, violence etc...) but they had a balance, I never got the impression from Pac and Big that, it was cool for me to do what they rapped about..... and it was a lot more relevant at the time they was rapping about it....

Now these dumb@!#% kids, (since these kids were from miami) hear, Rick Ross, Trick Daddy, DJ Khaled..."I'm so hood" and "the port of miami" "brown paper bag" Lil Wayne "Duffle Bag Boy"
they really are buying into that image.....
And from that perspective, I think those Hip Hop artist are morally responsible to educate their youth.....
Its becoming more increasingly obvious that once an artist makes it big from a certain region....he is looked at as the "Leader" or "spokesperson" for that area....
You associate Rick Ross with "The REAL Miami" and TI "King of the South...or Atlanta" and to watch TI get caught with army guns......that sends the wrong message. Cuz these kids are not from the same cloth we came from were are parents were educated enough to sit us down and explain what's going on.

Even though TI raps about the pitfalls of the negative side, his actions are speaking louder than his words....

And for that I will say, they need to do a better job of authorizing balance in their music.....I'm not saying they need to be saints and rap about back pack stuff, but this dumb@!#% generation needs a better understanding of what you say.

Man, I was very sad about ST, but now I can't even express the amount of SMH, I'm doing.....

This is just getting out of hand....

When I got locked up a few weeks ago, (DUI) there was this 17 year old kid in there, and he was in for burglary he said he had a daughter, and I'm just looking at him like.... wow this generation is so out of control.

What makes it even worse in my eyes....is now days....ITS NO WHERE NEAR AS BAD AS IT USE TO BE.

Like they not growing up in the crack era, they not growing up in the race era, I really have to credit this behavior to a couple things....

Bad economic structure in our country, its really hard out here to get jobs and make an honest living....compared to like 10 years ago, when Jobs was everywhere (I just watched MJ's dvd, and Bill Clinton saying he created 6 million jobs)

Young parents.... all these "kids having kids" its to the point now that, these kids are running wild cuz they parents aren't educated enough to teach them nothing, cuz they didn't learn nothing.... when I meet a girl and she is 21 and her mom is 36 and they BOTH talkin to me about how "real" Jeezy is......I wanted to throw up.

And I always defended Hip Hop in these type of situations...but I will say this....
When I was growing up, the rappers talked about the stuff we saw (drugs, violence etc...) but they had a balance, I never got the impression from Pac and Big that, it was cool for me to do what they rapped about..... and it was a lot more relevant at the time they was rapping about it....

Now these dumb@!#% kids, (since these kids were from miami) hear, Rick Ross, Trick Daddy, DJ Khaled..."I'm so hood" and "the port of miami" "brown paper bag" Lil Wayne "Duffle Bag Boy"
they really are buying into that image.....
And from that perspective, I think those Hip Hop artist are morally responsible to educate their youth.....
Its becoming more increasingly obvious that once an artist makes it big from a certain region....he is looked at as the "Leader" or "spokesperson" for that area....
You associate Rick Ross with "The REAL Miami" and TI "King of the South...or Atlanta" and to watch TI get caught with army guns......that sends the wrong message. Cuz these kids are not from the same cloth we came from were are parents were educated enough to sit us down and explain what's going on.

Even though TI raps about the pitfalls of the negative side, his actions are speaking louder than his words....

And for that I will say, they need to do a better job of authorizing balance in their music.....I'm not saying they need to be saints and rap about back pack stuff, but this dumb@!#% generation needs a better understanding of what you say.

EZ....I just quoted the exact same thing in another thread....this was one of realest things I have read in my time on NT...I couldn't co-sign to thisenough

I'll be tuning in on Monday....i'm kind of curious to see the stance Wilbon takes since he "wasn't surprised." SMH

Did anyone hear in that phone call the mom was on " they are saying sasha paid them to dothat" .OMG i hope and pray that's not the case.

just got the text that three were charged with "unpremeditated" murder ... dont know the exact implications of that charge but it seems to me theywill be let off at some point

Well if the report was true, that Sean and his wife along with their kid, were locked inside their room and the ''burglars'' broke in anywayshot him and left evrything else ''as is'' meaning they didn't shoot anyone else or robbed anything from their room, it seems anything but"unpremeditated" to me..... anyone else agree?

Well if the report was true, that Sean and his wife along with their kid, were locked inside their room and the ''burglars'' broke in anyway shot him and left evrything else ''as is'' meaning they didn't shoot anyone else or robbed anything from their room, it seems anything but "unpremeditated" to me..... anyone else agree?
Thats how i felt at first. But you have to remember they robbed the place previously and they had been in the bedroom. There was obviouslysomething in the bedroom they could not or didnt steal the first time that they specifically came back for and that is why they busted in the locked bed room.This time it just so happend a huge man was standing behind that door with a machete ready to bust their heads they panic fire off shots wildly i mean come onthey shot him in the leg and then shot the wall at close range in a bedroom and they run because they had just shot someone they didnt expect to be there orhad no intentions of shooting. This is what i believe when down anyway.

Cold blooded killers dont shoot people in the leg

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'll be tuning in on Monday....i'm kind of curious to see the stance Wilbon takes since he "wasn't surprised." SMH

Why is it so difficult to find the logic in what Wilbon said? He just wasn't surprised that it happened to Taylor who has been involved in a lot ofnegative things in his past. I didn't see him implying that Taylor's negative past was the reason why this happened. If this had happened to ChrisHenry, would you be surprised? No. If this happened to Pacman, would you be surprised? No. Now, if this happened to Ladanian Tomlinson, would you be surprised?Hell yes.

Wow.

I just caught up on this thread, it looks like their will be some closure to this tragedy and that's good, but
smh.gif
at Sean's sister having a hand (though it seems that it wasinadvertant) in his death.

Joka....u can't even put Sean Taylor in the same category as a Chris Henry or Pacman Jones. He had a DUI, and had HIS property stolen and took matters intohis own hands. There is nothing there that would lead me to believe that he would eventually succumb to an early death. Nothing. I think that Wilbon had somegood points in his article, but to say he wasn't "surprised" is insensitive and I don't believe it for one second.

Joka....u can't even put Sean Taylor in the same category as a Chris Henry or Pacman Jones. He had a DUI, and had HIS property stolen and took matters into his own hands. There is nothing there that would lead me to believe that he would eventually succumb to an early death. Nothing. I think that Wilbon had some good points in his article, but to say he wasn't "surprised" is insensitive and I don't believe it for one second.
Damn man I'm not trying to personally attack you but some people are being dense as hell ... ST told numerous people that his past wastroubled and he ran with the wrong crowd ... he voiced his need for getting away from the people he used to run with because they were nothing but trouble ...he has charges for a DUI and brandishing a weapon ... the point wilbon made was simple, he is not surprised that it was sean taylor because of his history,simply pointing out that someone like jason witten or marvin harrison being killed would have been a SURPRISE ... the issue with wilbon is timing, he shouldhave waited a few days before saying what he did

The kids were at a "house party" before supposedly. I'm sure there's a certain "influence" if you look at these kids myspace pages.They aren't exactly choir boys, and their "anthem" certainly doesn't appear to be Kirk Franklin. If you surround yourself with bad people,bad things are coming. I think it's safe to say that if he would have had a party with a different type of crowd he probably wouldn't have gotten this.

Now, I'm not saying it's his fault. By no means did he deserve this, nor did he "bring it upon himself".

But, when you put yourself in certain situations you are more vulnerable than others.

People that continue to refer to his "history" need to go back and look at some things for themselves. It's a shame that you are letting thepresumptuous and irresponsible members of the media formulate your opinion for you.

^no, the issue with Wilbon was him stereotyping...I kinda took personal offense to it because I myself can easily be put in the same boat, I felt like hecoulda easily been talkin bout me. The moment he said "I know people LIKE Sean Taylor, the type that grew in that kinda neighborhood, EMBRASED it,etc". You dont know that man enough to say that +*@$. The fact that he wasnt surprised wasnt really the problem with me, I wasnt "surprised"either...I believe he had a pre-determined idea of what happened because of who he thought Sean was. He even said on Friday's episode that he is"weary" of the facts that came out and still thinks it could be what he originally thought it was...

Originally Posted by HalfHeadHalfAmazin

The kids were at a "house party" before supposedly. I'm sure there's a certain "influence" if you look at these kids myspace pages. They aren't exactly choir boys, and their "anthem" certainly doesn't appear to be Kirk Franklin. If you surround yourself with bad people, bad things are coming. I think it's safe to say that if he would have had a party with a different type of crowd he probably wouldn't have gotten this.

Now, I'm not saying it's his fault. By no means did he deserve this, nor did he "bring it upon himself".

But, when you put yourself in certain situations you are more vulnerable than others.
Ok, the house party was for his lil sister...

and he gave one of the lil dudes a side job cuttin grass obviously to put a lil money in his pocket to help buddy out.

If Steve Jobs or Davis Stern is killed in a home invasion by someone who once worked on his grounds and helped park cars at one of his parties, would you bespewing your same insightful sentiment about how " David Stern probably wouldnt have gotten this " ...

thank you Jdub for using youw own eyes and mind instead of being lead by the nose by the irresponsible media coverage.

If you surround yourself with bad people, bad things are coming. I think it's safe to say that if he would have had a party with a different type of crowd he probably wouldn't have gotten this.
What the hell are you talking about? The party was for his little sister....

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

and he gave one of the lil dudes a side job cuttin grass obviously to put a lil money in his pocket to help buddy out.

If Steve Jobs or Davis Stern is killed in a home invasion by someone who once worked on his grounds and helped park cars at one of his parties, would you be spewing your same insightful sentiment about how " David Stern probably wouldnt have gotten this " ...

thank you Jdub for using youw own eyes and mind instead of being lead by the nose by the irresponsible media coverage.

I agree 100%

Originally Posted by aepps20

GUNNA GET IT wrote:

If Steve Jobs or Davis Stern is killed in a home invasion by someone who once worked on his grounds and helped park cars at one of his parties, would you be spewing your same insightful sentiment about how " David Stern probably wouldnt have gotten this " ...

I agree 100%

Yeah, I stand corrected on my opinion from earlier. Before, based on Rolle's assesment, I thought Sean couldnt get away from his past.

But in turn, it was the fact that he was being generous that came back to him. So unfortunate
tired.gif

Some of the "MySpaces" for those who haven't seen:
Rivera

Wardlow 1

Wardlow 2

Mitchell

Hunte

Wardlow's sister

Rumor on the Skins board is that Rivera (17) admitted to firing the weapon, could have easily been pushed into a confession though. Young@*$+ kids man, *#+*just didn't need to happen man.
Before, based on Rolle's assesment, I thought Sean couldnt get away from his past.
Rolle is on my list of people who owe an apology for talking out of their posterior. He's done it before with matters regarding Sean. He'sgotta be smarter than that .. growing up with dude, people are going to take credence to what he has to say .. and to resort to the statements he did .. ANDtaking it to the media .. SMH

Just a heads up...The funeral will be aired on Comcast Sportsnet and Fox 5 here in DC/MD/VA on Monday starting 11 AM.

Rolle is on my list of people who owe an apology for talking out of their posterior. He's done it before with matters regarding Sean. He's gotta be smarter than that .. growing up with dude, people are going to take credence to what he has to say .. and to resort to the statements he did .. AND taking it to the media .. SMH
I'm sorry I don't agree and I know your a fan and all but Rolle was friend that knew this dude for a decade plus so you would think thathe might know what was going on. I'm pretty sure in most cases where your not so emotionally attached you would put more stock in the person thats beenwith the person over somebody that hasn't. I also don't get why some are acting like if you do things like smack people with a gun (or whateverhappened) that people might not want retaliation on you eventually and if you get murdered when you have things like that on your resume people might thinkthat has something to do with it.

you know for some reason i just feel a lil better knowing that this had nothing to do with his "past" or some other "stuff" he was involvedin. maybe it has to do with the fact that now ppl like wilbon, cowherd, espn, and the rest of all you supposed CSI investigators (even Rolle) look stupid. andi hope they feel bad. we've been so desensitized to the loss of life in this society that we took the time to bring up the lower moments of a man who justDIED protecting his family. of course it's human instinct to want to find out what happened, but i found the picture that was being painted of Sean Taylorto be disrespectful and insensitive especially since he'll never be able to defend himself. hell, i didnt know truly what kind of person he was, but itssad that now that this is the way we have to find out.

Damn man I'm not trying to personally attack you but some people are being dense as hell

well, I guess there must be a lot of dense people out there then, because there was clear uproar on what Wilbon said....

anyways....

A good quote from Richard Sharpstein:

"People always said Sean's life led him to this, saying he was violent," Sharpstein said. "But if anything here his openness and generosity led to this crime, which is shocking and horrific. I said all along it was a burglary and it was planned. There are 17-, 19-, 21-year-old pathetic criminal wannabes and they carry a gun like every other dime-a-dozen jerk in the streets, and they happen to come upon someone they don't expect to be there and they fire the gun and run like cowards.

"This is a shame, but it's not over and this will be of no solace to the family. If anything it will only make it harder to swallow."

Back
Top Bottom