SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have signed veteran safety Atari Bigby, adding experience to their young secondary.

[h4]NFC West Blog[/h4]
sando_mike_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

• Network: NFL Nation

Bigby was signed Tuesday. The team waived fullback Dorson Boyce to clear a spot on the roster.

Bigby spent six seasons with Green Bay and was the full-time starter from 2007 to 2009. His best season came in 2007, when he recorded career-highs in tackles, interceptions and passes defended. He played just 20 games in 2008 and '09 due to injuries.

Last year, Bigby played in just four regular-season games and made only six tackles after having ankle surgery at the beginning of training camp, but did have one tackle in the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh

Solid pickup 
pimp.gif

Wonder if he's gonna start though, I kinda want Kam Chancellor to play more. 

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have signed veteran safety Atari Bigby, adding experience to their young secondary.

[h4]NFC West Blog[/h4]
sando_mike_m.jpg

Bigby was signed Tuesday. The team waived fullback Dorson Boyce to clear a spot on the roster.

Bigby spent six seasons with Green Bay and was the full-time starter from 2007 to 2009. His best season came in 2007, when he recorded career-highs in tackles, interceptions and passes defended. He played just 20 games in 2008 and '09 due to injuries.

Last year, Bigby played in just four regular-season games and made only six tackles after having ankle surgery at the beginning of training camp, but did have one tackle in the Super Bowl against Pittsburgh

Solid pickup 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

[h4]NFC West Blog[/h4]
sando_mike_m.jpg

Solid pickup 
pimp.gif

Bigby has been hurt the last couple years though, his durability is a issue.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

[h4]NFC West Blog[/h4]
sando_mike_m.jpg

Solid pickup 
pimp.gif

Bigby has been hurt the last couple years though, his durability is a issue.

Camp Carroll: Day 21
A recap of the afternoon practice at Seahawks training camp on Wednesday:

FOCUS ON

Atari Bigby. Signed by the team on Tuesday, the former Packers safety practiced with the Seahawks for the first time today.

“It felt good to be back playing football and be back with a team,

Camp Carroll: Day 21
A recap of the afternoon practice at Seahawks training camp on Wednesday:

FOCUS ON

Atari Bigby. Signed by the team on Tuesday, the former Packers safety practiced with the Seahawks for the first time today.

“It felt good to be back playing football and be back with a team,

The envelope, please …

With the conclusion of training camp on Thusday, it’s time to pass out some honors — with input on the selections from coaches, scouts and players:

110818rice.jpg

Best player: Sidney Rice. He got a late start, because free-agent additions were not allowed to begin practicing until Aug. 4. He also sat out last week’s preseason opener to rest a sore shoulder. But when the Pro Bowl wide receiver from the Vikings was on the field, the 6-foot-4 Rice displayed the traits that attracted the Seahawks – an off-the-charts catch radius; sure, soft hands; the kind of competitive work ethic that is the foundation for Pete Carroll’s program; an instant rapport with also just-acquired QB Tarvaris Jackson. As former Seahawks linebacker Dave Wyman said on 710 ESPN today, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone have a better camp.

The envelope, please …

With the conclusion of training camp on Thusday, it’s time to pass out some honors — with input on the selections from coaches, scouts and players:

110818rice.jpg

Best player: Sidney Rice. He got a late start, because free-agent additions were not allowed to begin practicing until Aug. 4. He also sat out last week’s preseason opener to rest a sore shoulder. But when the Pro Bowl wide receiver from the Vikings was on the field, the 6-foot-4 Rice displayed the traits that attracted the Seahawks – an off-the-charts catch radius; sure, soft hands; the kind of competitive work ethic that is the foundation for Pete Carroll’s program; an instant rapport with also just-acquired QB Tarvaris Jackson. As former Seahawks linebacker Dave Wyman said on 710 ESPN today, “I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone have a better camp.

Leon Washington is going to do damage this year.

Seahawks are taking this division again and I can explain in detail exactly why.

Leon Washington is going to do damage this year.

Seahawks are taking this division again and I can explain in detail exactly why.

I think we have a good shot at the division battling STL again...won't lie Spags and Bradford scare me
laugh.gif

Leon, I hope the new kickoff rules doesn't %+$% things up for him though

and I hope they use him more in 3rd down situations...which like the article stated will be hard with Forsett needing his touches as well

Can't wait till Saturday, I want to finally see Rice and BMW on the field together...Hopefully Red and Clemons on D are healthy and ready to go for a short period

I think we have a good shot at the division battling STL again...won't lie Spags and Bradford scare me
laugh.gif

Leon, I hope the new kickoff rules doesn't %+$% things up for him though

and I hope they use him more in 3rd down situations...which like the article stated will be hard with Forsett needing his touches as well

Can't wait till Saturday, I want to finally see Rice and BMW on the field together...Hopefully Red and Clemons on D are healthy and ready to go for a short period

I feel like all of these undrafted rookies are gonna be so good in the near future. Browner, Portis, Lockette
pimp.gif

Just to name a few. There's another receiver I saw during last weeks game who was really good as well, dude was catching everything. Excited for the game tomorrow.

I feel like all of these undrafted rookies are gonna be so good in the near future. Browner, Portis, Lockette
pimp.gif

Just to name a few. There's another receiver I saw during last weeks game who was really good as well, dude was catching everything. Excited for the game tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Figured you would
laugh.gif
Niiiice
pimp.gif

still debating whether I'm going or not

I'll be in the Hawks nest wearing purple proudly. I will have the "come at me bro" look on my face.
laugh.gif

I'll be rooting for Tarvaris, although I'm not sure how I'm going to demonstrate that yet. External emotion or just internally. Depends how he does I guess.

Back
Top Bottom