SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

agreed about sherman, the team is loosing some of its most valuable players, but honestly we need a change guys maybe youth as well. Jimmy looks to be on the move also

With all of these moves going on, we really get to see what Pete and Schneider are all about. Takes a lot of balls to trade, release, and/or move on from any established franchise players. But that's what good organizations do.

I really mean it when I said that I wouldn't be mad if they even decide to trade Russell for a crap load of picks. Seahawks, at their peak with this regime, has been a run and pound team with a bully of a defense.

With all of these moves going on, we really get to see what Pete and Schneider are all about. Takes a lot of balls to trade, release, and/or move on from any established franchise players. But that's what good organizations do.

I really mean it when I said that I wouldn't be mad if they even decide to trade Russell for a crap load of picks. Seahawks, at their peak with this regime, has been a run and pound team with a bully of a defense.

I really disagree with that mentality of shipping Russell for picks.

Yeah if we had a bully Defense, bully O line and beast RB then that’s one thing but we have none of that. Also if we did then with Russ we’d be winning rings.
Without an elite defense, still no o line/back, it’s gonna be Russ or bust. Getting a franchise qb like him is extremely hard bro

I wouldn't want to trade Russ but I agree with the philosophy. Remember we led the league in transactions over Pete & John's first two years in the league? That worked out pretty damn well. So this is pretty intriguing.

Of course every time I get excited I remember we hired Brian ***** Schottenheimer as our OC.

^^^
But how do you get those things (O-Line, consistent defensive personnel, or a Beast RB) without spending a ton of money or drafting well? Russ or bust will not bring another championship to Seattle.

If the Browns put together a package based around their #1 or #4 pick with additional 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and future draft picks, I don't see how the front office doesn't consider. It's not that I question Russ' ability, it's just that I'm terrified every time the O-Line breaks apart and he's running for his life.

I totally agree that the Hawks have to draft well. More picks = more opportunity to hit on picks.

Well Russ is somewhat replacing Gruden's former ESPN show QB camp with a version of his own leading up to this years draft. Heard one of the featured QB's is Mayfield, could be an interesting watch.

Russ is my guy but I try to avoid anything entertainment wise with him :lol:

I dont see any reason to completely burn the ship down and go into tank mode, at the end of the day this team's bottom is what? 7-9 wins with Russ, that still puts you in prime position to get good players via the draft

Russ is my guy but I try to avoid anything entertainment wise with him :lol:

I dont see any reason to completely burn the ship down and go into tank mode, at the end of the day this team's bottom is what? 7-9 wins with Russ, that still puts you in prime position to get good players via the draft
Agreed with Russ they can still build an O line around him and bank on the RB's to be serviceable as they most likely will be doing a RBBC approach again this season. They can also build around Bobby Wagner on D and seem to have an up and comer with Shaquille Griffin. I'm just not ready to blow the team up yet and think they should at least give it 1-2 more seasons before taking that approach.

Call me crazy, but I still think the Seahawks can compete for a wild card this year even in this worse case scenario of no Moses, no Sherm, no Sheldon, no Jimmy - assuming they keep Earl.

An offense of Russy and Dougie, with just a decent RB (healthy Carson + a hit in the draft) will be fine.

And with the defense, I trust Pete to fix and coach up any of the holes.

Is the Sherman release official? End of an era if so. I was listening to KJR a few days back and they were saying how Sherman wasn't the fastest guy on the field and had relied on his size and IQ as a cover man, they also mentioned since he's coming off an Achilles injury it could slow him down a bit which hurts him greatly moving forward. If official this is a huge blow (even if he's somewhat past his prime) and i hope he does well wherever he ends up. Crazy how the team has lost its two loudest voices, new guys will need to take leadership, i'm hoping they keep Thomas as he still has some good years left.

This. I don’t know why that type of talk would come up anyway. Seahawks are the To Savage Texans without Russell
It can't be completely ruled out because of how this team, and other historically brilliant defense-first teams, have had success. Yes I understand the whole keeping a franchise QB thing, but look at some of the teams in the past with similar identities as the Hawks that won Super Bowls. Bucs had Brad Johnson, Ravens first with Dilfer, or even the Seahawk's win over the Broncos, which had more to do with the defense and special teams than Russ' play.

When Schneider said they'd listen on ANY player I actually believe him.

Those teams are exceptions to the rule, I know the QB isnt everything but sheesh look at the list of SB winning QBs the last 15-20 years.

Just dont see the reason to cashout on Russ when all you're gonna do is turn around and try to cash back in by finding another good QB in the draft. Its hard enough finding one guy let alone a follow up

I also believe Schneider listens to any call and offer, its his job and he's doing his due diligence but that also doesnt mean offers being thrown out there are even feasible to get completed. He listened to offers for Sherm prior to the achilles but we all know the asking price was probably so high nothing would get done

Those teams are exceptions to the rule, I know the QB isnt everything but sheesh look at the list of SB winning QBs the last 15-20 years.

Just dont see the reason to cashout on Russ when all you're gonna do is turn around and try to cash back in by finding another good QB in the draft. Its hard enough finding one guy let alone a follow up

I also believe Schneider listens to any call and offer, its his job and he's doing his due diligence but that also doesnt mean offers being thrown out there are even feasible to get completed. He listened to offers for Sherm prior to the achilles but we all know the asking price was probably so high nothing would get done

The Seahawks are a team that should understand cashing out for a QB isn't necessary. Again, part of the reason they had their success was because they didn't have to spend much for the QB position for so long. You also wouldn't be cashing out on QBs if you hit in the draft (Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Derek Carr, etc). I mean, the Eagles just got into the playoffs and won with Nick Foles. I'm grateful for everything Russ has done for this organization, but it is what it is.

How do yall feel about Seahawks declining better trade options from bad teams for Bennett and even Sherman just to make them happy on their way out?

Part of me is like wowww...respect to this organization.

But the other part of me is like wowwww....WTF?! Take the better deal you idiots.

Back
Top Bottom