SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

Speaking of Braylon...he had a good today
Tuesday in Hawkville: ‘Other’ veteran receiver steals the show

A recap of the activities at the Seahawks’ Bing training camp for Aug. 7:

FOCUS ON

20120807__seahawks_0453.jpg

Braylon Edwards. Just-signed Terrell Owens wasn’t on the practice field. The recently signed Edwards was, and the veteran wide receiver put on a show during the 2½-hour practice at Virginia Mason Athletic Center.

“Braylon has done very well,” coach Pete Carroll said. “He’s learning very fast. He’s had a chance to compete right from the beginning. He’s made some big grabs already. He did it again today.

“So he’s factoring in and making a bid for playing time.”

Edwards’ beginning to this camp came a little later than most of the other players, as he was signed a week ago. But the former first-round draft choice of the Browns (2005) who also has played for the Jets (2009-10) and 49ers (2011) is making up for his delayed start.

Today, Edwards stayed with a play where the ball went off the hands of Pro Bowl cornerback Brandon Browner and was able to catch the carom.

“It’s definitely staying with the play,” Edwards said. “Getting open, holding the line and keeping the DB behind you.”

That, however, was just a warm-up as the 6-foot-3 Edwards then pulled down a Tarvaris Jackson pass despite tight cover from 6-3 cornerback Richard Sherman.

“Sherm expected me to go back inside,” Edwards said. “I didn’t. I kept it outside. It was a good throw and we made a play.”

Then there was the TD catch that wasn’t. Or was it? Edwards made a great effort to haul in a pass from rookie QB Russell Wilson on the other side of the end zone, but the official ruled he came down out of bounds. Edwards couldn’t wait for the instant replay.

“We’re going to go look at that film,” he said, smiling. “I think they both were good.”

Carroll said Owens is scheduled to practice for the first time Wednesday morning and will be wearing No. 10.
http://blog.seahawks.com/2012/08/07...hawks-other-veteran-receiver-steals-the-show/

I just remembered I had Braylon Edwards as a Seahawk on a Madden 08 franchise :lol: That team was super cold

Flynn celebrated his elevation to #1 on the depth chart by completing 18-23 passes through 7v7 and team drills. At least six of those completions were 20+ yards down-field. Hugh Millen said on KJR that Tarvaris Jackson may never have had a practice all last year that matched what Flynn did today. He may be right. It was arguably not even his best practice. Regardless, he made a number of impressive throws and moved well. His best throw of the day was not his flashiest. Zach Miller slipped the seam and Flynn threaded a ball between two defenders to a diving Miller 20-25 yards down-field. People continue to hear questions about Flynn's arm strength and assume he can't throw deep. That's simply not the case. He throws a nice deep ball near either sideline. The bigger question remains whether he can make the intermediate throws between defenders or red zone throws that require more zip in tighter windows. The throw to Miller today was a great example of demonstrating that ability. Flynn mentioned after practice that he finally felt like he was able to start getting in a rhythm after getting extra snaps. That throw could have been the result of getting that touch.
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/08/2012-seahawks-training-camp-august-8th.html
Davis Hsu ‏@DavisHsuSeattle

hugh millen said Flynn looked "phenomenal" today and that the offense started giving it to the defense today- finally- on Softy
Expand Collapse
Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree

Matt Flynn has looked really strong during practice today. Safe to say best QB performance of training camp so far.
Two more days..

Flynn probably has the confidence and peace of mind now that he knows he's the guy. Time for him to get to work.

Been loving all this airtime Seattle is getting. Whenever I tune into NFL Network or NFL Live Seattle is all they talk about :lol:

Been loving all this airtime Seattle is getting. Whenever I tune into NFL Network or NFL Live Seattle is all they talk about
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
I bet half the country just realized the Seahawks don't play in Washington DC
Thursday in Hawkville: Going deep on the depth chart

A recap of the activities at the Seahawks’ Bing training camp for Aug. 9:

FOCUS ON

20120530_seahawks_0670.jpg

Depth. Three starters did not participate in today’s two-hour practice, but it was difficult to tell because the backups who stepped in also stepped up.

Veteran guard Deuce Lutui, who was signed in free agency, took over at right guard for John Moffitt. Third-year cornerback Phillip Adams was at right cornerback for Brandon Browner. Veteran defensive lineman Jason Jones, another free agent addition, was the three-technique tackle spot for Alan Branch.

“That’s one of our key things in training camp, to develop depth,” defensive coordinator Gus Bradley said. “Look what happened last year at corner, we lose a couple guys so some younger guys have to step up. So we know those things are going to happen.”

Last year, after veteran cornerbacks Marcus Trufant and Walter Thurmond were lost to season-ending injuries, rookie Richard Sherman took over on the left side and played well enough that he remains the starter. When since-departed leading tackler David Hawthorne couldn’t play in the opener, rookie K.J. Wright started and played so well that the coaches decided he had to play more – so former first-round draft choice Aaron Curry was traded to the Raiders to open the strong-side spot for Wright.

“That’s great when younger guys can do that, and that was the case today,” Bradley said.

Bradley has been waiting to see more of Adams – and from Adams – and today it was with the starters.

“We’re putting a lot on his plate,” Bradley said. “And so far he’s handling it. We always tell the guys, ‘The more that you can do. It just makes your value go up.’

ROOKIE WATCH

20120612_seahawks_0625.jpg

Korey Toomer. The fifth-round draft choice from Idaho has been toiling in the shadows of first-round pick Bruce Irvin, a blur of a pass-rusher; and second-round pick Bobby Wagner, who is pushing to be the starting middle linebacker.

But Toomer is beginning to show that he also is worth keeping an eye on in Saturday night’s preseason opener against the Titans at CenturyLink Field. Today, he flashed as a pass rusher, forcing Matt Flynn to scramble, flushing Josh Portis from the pocket and also getting to Portis for what would have been a sack. Toomer stopped rookie running back Robert Turbin after a 2-yard gain. He was all over a short completion to running back Kregg Lumpkin. He basically was a wrench in the rhythm the offense was trying to establish.

“He’s a guy that’s just learning,” Bradley said of Toomer. “He’s playing multiple positions. We’re stretching him, just to see what he can handle. You’re seeing flashes from him. Some things he does really well, some things he’s a ways away.

“But he’ll keep getting better.”

PLAYS DU JOUR

Offense: We went into practice determined to not write anything more about Terrell Owens, who has dominated camp coverage since being signed on Monday. But the future Hall of Fame wide receiver canned that plan on the final play of only his second practice with the team.

Owens went over Trufant to tip a pass from rookie QB Russell Wilson in the end zone and then controlled the ball as he was falling out of bounds against tight coverage. Touché, Terrell.

“Terrell made a great catch,” Wilson said. “He came down with the football, and that’s the main thing.”

But with Owens, it’s obviously not the only thing.

“It is kind of surreal that I get to play with Terrell Owens,” Wilson said. “Obviously he’s a very, very talented receiver and I grew up watching a lot of his games. I’ve got a lot of respect for him. He comes in to work every single day and he’s doing a great job.”

Defense: Let’s go with the first two plays of practice, as Brandon Mebane – yes, 311-pound nose tackle Brandon Mebane – was all over Flynn’s screen pass to Marshawn Lynch and then veteran linebacker Leroy Hill got to Turbin several yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Bradley saluted the double-whammy by yelling, “Two-for-two, men. That’s two-for-two.”

IN ’N OUT

Tight end Kellen Winslow and linebacker Jameson Konz returned to practice. Winslow’s practice time is being monitored because of a chronic knee situation, while Konz was back after missing several days to rest a sore knee.

Sitting out, in addition to Browner, Moffitt and Branch: wide receivers Doug Baldwin and Ricardo Lockette; tight end Cameron Morrah; linebackers Matt McCoy and Allen Bradford; and offensive lineman James Carpenter and Thurmond, who remain on the physically unable to perform list.

LANE’S OLYMPIC MOMENT

Rookie cornerback Jeremy Lane, a sixth-round draft choice from Northwestern (La.) State, has a signature move when the players move from pre-practice stretching to their first drill. He pops a flip, in shoulder pads and a helmet.

“I just like to do it to checkout my legs,” he said. “If I get real high, I feel my legs are fresh and it just starts my day.”

He started flipping out during practice last season, after a friend did it and encouraged Lane to give it a shot.

“He said, ‘You’ve got a high vertical. Just try it,” Lane said. “I trusted him. I stood there and I just flipped. I’ve been doing it ever since.”

But there’s nothing like that first time.

“It was very scary the first time,” he said, smiling. “My football career could have been over. But after I did it once I wasn’t scared anymore. I just got better and better at it.”

UP NEXT

The players will practice on Friday, their final tune-up before Saturday night’s preseason opener. After the game, they will get their third off day of camp on Sunday.

JOIN THE CROWD

A crowd of 1,812 fans watched today’s practice. Only two more practices are open to the public before camp breaks next Thursday – those next Tuesday and Wednesday. You can register here to attend.

JOHN MOFFITT, TRAFFIC REPORTER

dsc_0427.jpg

You may have heard that state routes 520 and 167 will be closed this weekend, but you haven’t really heard until you watch this advisory from Moffitt.

Because of the closures, traffic will be heavier than usual on I-5 and I-90, so the club is asking fans heading to the game to plan accordingly.

STUFF THE BUS

Fans attending Saturday’s game are asked to bring backpacks stuffed with school supplies for the team’s annual Stuff the Bus drive to benefit Communities In Schools of Seattle. Your donations will be distributed to students at 32 schools.

EYE HAWKS

“Seahawks All Access” returns tonight on Root Sports. The weekly show that features player interviews and analysis from Hall of Fame quarterback Warren Moon airs at 10:30 tonight and will be replayed Saturday at 5 p.m. The first show spotlights defensive end Red Bryant and wide receiver Golden Tate.

YOU DON’T SAY

“I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of hearing it. I hear so much negative stuff about me it’s kind of good to hear some positive stuff sometimes. I think that’s what separates me from a normal defensive end; I’m real fast and explosive.” – Irvin, when asked if he ever tires of hearing people gush about his speed off the edge as a pass rusher
and I guess we broke some new CBA rules for practices again
laugh.gif

I hate that the Seahawks had to let Justin Forsett go, but I like that the Texans picked him up. He should do wonders in relief for Foster and Tate, and some KR/PR work that we've been missing for awhile.

Line getting hit with the injury bug already
mean.gif
. Moffitt out 2-3 weeks.

I remember them mentioning his arm on the camp feed. Thought nothing of it

So that's why they drafted Turbin. Literally had no idea Forsett was gone lol give me the super late pass.

Last edited:
Efficient. Started 8 of 8, but it was all check downs and quick hitters. Nothing spectacular, really...Threw an interception right into the hands of the LB that was pretty dumb, but oh well.

Back
Top Bottom