SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

very intradesting....

wait what am I doing in a Seahawks thread?

Last edited:
Day 8 of the QB Battle:
The situation is starting to get frustrating as a fan watching. Not only is Flynn outclassing the other quarterbacks, but he is losing reps with the first string receivers. He had one completion to a receiver who will be on the 53-man roster, Kellen Winslow. The rest of his completions were to players like Kris Durham, Phil Bates and Charly Martin. It is silly to have Flynn developing chemistry with guys that won't even make the squad.

I was talking with Hugh Millen on my way out of the VMAC, and asked him if I was missing something. Was there anything he was seeing from Jackson that I was missing? No. He seemed to have all the same questions that I had, and made an excellent point about how this is especially harmful to a quarterback like Flynn who is dependent on anticipation. Millen talked about how a strong-armed quarterback can wait for a player to get open and just gun the ball in to the receiver. Players like Flynn rely on anticipating when the player will be open and putting the ball in that spot the receiver will be at just the right time. Developing that kind of chemistry and timing with players takes time. Time the Seahawks are wasting
http://www.hawkblogger.com/

What do ya'll think will be the final WR roster? Seems like they will more than likely keep 5-6 WRs. We know Rice & Tate are the locks, as well as Baldwin and Butler. Who would be the last 1 or 2?

What do ya'll think will be the final WR roster? Seems like they will more than likely keep 5-6 WRs. We know Rice & Tate are the locks, as well as Baldwin and Butler. Who would be the last 1 or 2?

Is Butler a lock? Rice, Tate, Baldwin, Obamanu, Lockette/Butler, Braylon?...I think it's between Butler and Lockette for that final spot unless they cut loose Obamanu.

Last edited:
Don't know how I missed Obamanu. He's definitely a lock over Butler based on how long he's been there and his productivity. Butler seemed to be doing well before his injury. There's just so many WRs on the roster right now so it's kinda hard to tell.

I think these four are locks

Rice

Tate

Baldwin

Lockette

Everybody has been riding Lockette's jock so bad in camp, I dont see how he doesnt make it.

Two spots between Butler, Obo, Braylon. Touch decision....or not because who knows how Rice will hold up

and Tate got punched yesterday
laugh.gif

Edit:
ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed on SportsCenter Monday that Matt Flynn is the favorite in the Seahawks' quarterback battle.
"Right now, Matt Flynn is the favorite to win that job," Schefter stated, allowing that "one day, (rookie) Russell Wilson will have a chance to start for this team." Tarvaris Jackson, as expected, is on the outside looking in, and could be available for pre-Week 1 trade if Wilson shows capable of moving the offense during the preseason. Look for Flynn to separate from the pack by late August.

Last edited:
[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Terrell Owens impresses Seahawks[/h1][h1] [/h1]
sando_mike_m.jpg
ESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

Network: NFL Nation

Updated: August 6, 2012, 3:27 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

end mod-article-title begin story body

Terrell Owens had a very impressive workout Monday in Seattle, a league source told ESPN's Ed Werder, and it is expected that the Seahawks will try to sign the free-agent receiver.

end sidebar table end inline 1 Owens' time in the 40 was below 4.5 seconds, a source told ESPN.com's Mike Sando.

Owens hasn't played in the NFL since the 2010 season with Cincinnati when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns.

The 38-year-old Owens didn't get any NFL offers to play last season after surgery on his left knee.

If Owens makes the Seahawks' roster, expecting production from him might be a long shot based on recent history. According to ESPN Stats and Information, of the 187 NFL players with at least 20 catches last season, Donald Driver was the only one older than 35. Hines Ward and Tony Gonzalez each had more than 20 catches, but were just 35 last season.

He had 35 catches for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns while playing eight of 11 games for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. He was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.
Edit:
Dbfresh@DougBaldwinJr

It’s a circus out here

Dbfresh@DougBaldwinJr

There’s a lot of bad women in the building… Amen!
Dbfresh@DougBaldwinJr

The man still got it! “@sauceone01: how did @terrellowens look?”

Last edited:
Rice Tate Baldwin and Lockette are all locks imo. Lockette has too much potential to be cut and has had a nice camp. Obo can play ST which gives him edge over Butler. I think last spot is between Braylon or TO. All these WRs coming in makes me think PCJS don't think Rice will stay healthy.

Terrell Owens has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, according to NFL Network contributor and FOX Sports Insider Jay Glazer.

Owens worked out for the Seahawks earlier on Monday. Owens hasn't played in the NFL since 2010 and this was his first tryout since being cut by the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League.

Hell yes!!!!! Welcome to the squad T.O., so excited to see what he can do. You already know he's about to give it his all hopefully the diva in him doesn't return though :lol:

Matt Flynn to T.O.???? Seahawks = NFC West Champs

As a Packer fan... I wanna see Matt succeed except in week 3...

nerd.gif

Terrell Owens has agreed to terms on a one-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks, according to NFL Network contributor and FOX Sports Insider Jay Glazer.

Owens worked out for the Seahawks earlier on Monday. Owens hasn't played in the NFL since 2010 and this was his first tryout since being cut by the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League.

Hell yes!!!!! Welcome to the squad T.O., so excited to see what he can do. You already know he's about to give it his all hopefully the diva in him doesn't return though
laugh.gif
His broke *** should know he better stay in line if he want to handle that child support

Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch: Funny, fierce and utterly unique
Running back has a Beast Mode alter ego, but the there's another side of Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch that's more funny than fierce.

By Danny O'Neil
Seattle Times staff reporter

JOHN LOK / THE SEATTLE TIMES
"He has so much enthusiasm," Zach Miller says of Marshawn Lynch, "and he's kind of crazy with it."

The hit had to hurt. That was apparent to anyone who saw Marshawn Lynch go down last Sunday.

"He got stuck by a linebacker pretty good," Seahawks tight end Zach Miller said. "And the first thing he does is he stands up and starts screaming in excitement."

Welcome to the Marshawn Lynch Experience, where the volume's always cranked up to 11, the script is being written on the fly, and the only thing certain is that whatever Lynch does will be as unexpected as it is entertaining.

He is a free spirit and a fierce runner who has scored a touchdown in his last five starts entering Sunday's game in St. Louis, and he comes with an alter ego. Meet Beast Mode, which isn't a nickname so much as a state of mind for Lynch's relentlessly aggressive style when running the ball or cracking a joke.

"He has so much enthusiasm," Miller said, "and he's kind of crazy with it."

Lynch is becoming the face of Seattle's team with a smile that includes two gold teeth and one sweet tooth. He asked fullback Michael Robinson for candy during last week's game.

"He wanted to know where his Skittles were," Robinson said.

Lynch was the last player introduced before last week's game against Baltimore, he drew the loudest cheers at CenturyLink Field, and he'll be the first player the Rams will try to stop Sunday afternoon. He has gained more than 100 yards in each of the past two games, the first Seahawk in three years to do that. And as he enters the final two months of his rookie contract, it's becoming obvious just how important he is inside Seattle's locker room as well as to its offense.

"He has a great spirit about him," Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said. "It's one that is unique, contagious, attractive."

Lynch, 25, is very much in the prime of his career. His 67-yard touchdown run was the defining moment of Seattle's playoff upset of the Saints last year. That was the Beast Quake. Last Sunday, he unleashed the Beast Shake, evading Ray Lewis and another Ravens defender to get a first down.

There's nothing understated about Lynch, though his eyes are covered by a visor on his helmet and he talks quietly in interviews.

He calls reporters "boss," wears a collared golf shirt under his football pads for practice and puts shorts over his sweats. Sometimes in games, he rhythmically taps his thigh pads once, twice and then claps his hands in a paddy-cake ritual that dates back to Pop Warner football. Two weeks ago he practiced with a towel hanging out the back of his helmet like some sort of minicape.

If the Seahawks had a yearbook, Lynch would be voted most likely to make his teammates laugh. His charisma is difficult to describe, but impossible to fake.

"He really does love people," said Charlie Whitehurst, Seattle's backup quarterback, "and he loves entertaining people."

That's appreciated, too. By Whitehurst's mom. Sorry, Charlie, but Lynch is her favorite Seahawk.

Remember when Lynch's California Golden Bears beat the Washington Huskies in overtime when Tyrone Willingham was UW's coach? Well, Lynch celebrated that victory by commandeering a golf cart and driving it erratically around the field, a scene that can be seen on YouTube.

"That gets watched annually at our house," Whitehurst said.

Lynch has become an essential part of Seattle's chemistry, which came as something of a surprise even to his teammates.

"He's probably one of the most misunderstood players in the National Football League," said Robinson, whose locker is next to Lynch's. "Before I met him — and I tell him this to his face — I had my own preconceived notions of him. I thought he was some type of troublemaker, lazy."

Where did Lynch's reputation come from? The former first-round pick by Buffalo played in the Pro Bowl, but a week later was arrested on a misdemeanor weapons charge for carrying a concealed firearm and suspended for three games in 2009. A year earlier, Lynch also received a traffic citation in Buffalo after admitting to driving away after hitting a pedestrian.

But when Lynch arrived in Seattle after last year's trade, Robinson found out what Seattle is also learning: Reality goes much deeper than reputation.

"I got to know him," Robinson said. "He's a big kid, man. He likes to have fun. He's a special, special athlete ... and he has a great heart."

Had to find if there was an article or something about Lynch after I heard on the radio today that this dude wears a collard shirt under his pads and put gloves inside his socks with the fingers poking out. :lol: Dude is a riot. I wish these guys were asked to do Hardknocks.

Last edited:
Marshawn is a very special kind of player, in more ways than one. I think Seattle was offered but the team declined to do it, that would have been sweet to see

I don't know TO....I dont know
tired.gif

Edit:
Terrell Owens is now a member of the Seattle Seahawks. Will that still be the case a month from now?

Pete Carroll loves himself a reclamation project, but Owens is guaranteed nothing. If anything, the 38-year-old veteran might have to find a way to leapfrog other receivers on the roster.

Can he do that? Let's take a look, breaking down Seattle wideouts into three groups.

PLAUSIBLY SAFE

Golden Tate, Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin

Rice is being brought along slowly after offseason shoulder surgeries and is just one year into a fat free-agent contract. Baldwin was the Seahawks leading receiver last season (788 yards, four TDs) and is a good fit for the slot. Seattle hopes this is the season Tate emerges as a consistent playmaker.

BUBBLE BOYS

Ben Obomanu, Kris Durham, Ricardo Lockette

Obomanu has the strongest résumé here, finishing last season with 436 yards and two touchdowns. Lockette has put himself on the radar with a strong start to training camp. Durham is a project, a fourth-round draft pick in 2011 who has both size (6-foot-6, 216 pounds) and versatility.

POSSIBLE DEATH MATCH

Terrell Owens, Braylon Edwards

Though lights-out training camps could allow both to make the team, we'd be surprised if both Owens and Edwards are in uniform by Week 1. Neither play special teams, so they'll have to make up for that lack of versatility by showing off their playmaking skills of yesteryear. Our money's on Edwards, but perhaps it's time to get out of the business of writing off T.O.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^
They where asked. But they turned it down.

Bummer. I guess it's good for the team, I suppose, but this team would've been perfect for it. Pete, Marshawn, T.O., probably others.

Seems like fans are split on T.O. Let's just hope that with his back against the wall financially he'll come in and put in some work. He's a physical freak so I KNOW he can still produce.

Not a seahawks fan, but TO is in my top 5 favorite athletes.

You guys got a steal and I hope you guys do extremely well this year.

@AaronQ13Fox: Matt Flynn will take first-team reps and start #Seahawks preseason opener on Saturday, play first half
Can't wait

Wilson expected to play whole 2nd half

Havent seen anything concrete on that but the end is near for Tjax if true

Last edited:
Seahawks GM John Schneider termed it a "no-brainer" to sign Terrell Owens after he was "blown away" by the 38-year-old's workout.
Coach Pete Carroll added that a "humble" Owens had a "phenomenal" workout for the team. Carroll felt more comfortable taking the leap after Carson Palmer vouched for the noted quarterback killer as a teammate. The comments lend credence to NFL Network's Michael Lombardi's belief that Owens was signed with the idea that he would earn a starting job. Owens will not play in the preseason opener on Saturday. Aug 7 - 4:03 PM
Source: ESPN 710 Seattle

SI.com's Peter King believes Sidney Rice (shoulder surgeries) "might not be ready to start the season."
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi suggested Tuesday that the Terrell Owens signing was related to "major disappointment" in Rice's availability as much as the lack of experience behind him. "Obviously they wouldn't be making these moves [if Rice was ready to contribute]," said Lombardi. "I think you're signing T.O. with the idea that he's going to be a starter ... they need (Owens and Braylon Edwards) to be back to the player they were a couple of years ago to help the offense." Aug 7 - 1:37 PM
Source: SI.com

If Rice can get healthy, Owens and Rice could be a very deadly combination especially with Lynch in the backfield. Seattle's defense is nothing to sneeze at either. Seahawks can silently take people by surprise.

@AaronQ13Fox: Matt Flynn will take first-team reps and start #Seahawks preseason opener on Saturday, play first half

Can't wait

Wilson expected to play whole 2nd half

Havent seen anything concrete on that but the end is near for Tjax if true

Can't wait!!!!

If Rice can get healthy, Owens and Rice could be a very deadly combination especially with Lynch in the backfield. Seattle's defense is nothing to sneeze at either. Seahawks can silently take people by surprise.

Yep. Add Braylon with those two that could be even more deadly and we haven't even talked about Baldwin or Lockette yet. All the pieces are starting to come together.

Back
Top Bottom