SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

captain check down Fynn
sick.gif

Flynn and his check downs remind me of Trent "Trentative" Edwards. If thats the case, T.O. will make sure Flynn is on the bench by week 4.

How was the D looking? Irvin? Wagner? Secondary?

Sherman & Browner :pimp: :pimp: Who said tall corners couldn't do work???

Flynny Checkdown :lol: He made some nice throws here and there, but I was looking more forward to seeing what Wilson does

Braylon Edwards :stoneface:

Last edited:
Sounds like the pass rush was looking more of the same as last year. I guess also Irvin and Clemons werent really on the field together in those type of packages either. Hope to see what those two can do together as the team moves forward.

but even then the D sounded like they were on top of it's game.

I hope Bevell and Flynn will open it up more as long as he continues to get the reps with the #1 Unit. Who knows what Pete is thinking to do next game, He keeps me on my toes always
laugh.gif

I can definitely see Pete starting Flynn and getting this team in the playoffs and towards the end switching to Russell ala Flutie/Rob Johnson. :lol:

got tickets to the game against the patriots. too pumped :nthat:
now i have a good enough reason to buy an earl thomas jersey. haha

Tjax got first team reps today

Interesting. I didn't expect that to happen. I wonder what Pete's gameplan is. Probably start Tarvaris next game and if he throws an incompletion then he lost the battle. :lol:

Can't envision TJax in this competition anymore.

Last edited:
John Boyle@johnpboyle

Pete Carroll said Tarvaris Jackson is "still in the competition."
trollface.jpeg

I guess Rice finally practiced without the red jersey today as well

Last edited:
Wide receiver tidal wave
It is getting a little silly now with the number of receivers on this roster. The effect was dulled last week when Doug Baldwin Jr, Ricardo Lockette, and Sidney Rice were held out of practice. Yesterday, all were back in action, as was Kellen Winslow Jr. That's a lot of bodies to work in there. Thirteen receivers are in camp. That simply cannot continue much longer. So much focus has been put on the QB competition, and how that's being handled, that people are forgetting to evaluate the wide receiver competition. Nine to ten receivers have a case to be made for making the roster. Rotating them in to get enough opportunities is challenging. Receiver, unlike quarterback, requires a variety of things to happen on a play in order for them to get an opportunity. The play call and defense can dictate the ball goes elsewhere. The quarterback may see another player open first. You could run ten perfect routes and never see the ball. Now, divvy that time up among more than a dozen players. Oh, and put the quarterbacks on a roulette wheel so you never know who is going to be throwing to you. It is not exactly a recipe for precise timing and chemistry developing between receiver and quarterback

Terrell Owens did not shine
Owens stood out in his first few practices. He was not as impressive in the couple hours of practice I watched yesterday. There is some talk that he has a minor hamstring injury as he works back into football shape. Take that for what it's worth.
Rubber laces
Flynn did not have his best practice early on. Tarvaris played pretty well, and Wilson was okay. It turns out the NFL asked teams to try out a ball with rubber laces yesterday. The quarterbacks did not like them, and ditched them toward the end of practice. That may have something to do with the inaccurate throws we saw early on
http://www.hawkblogger.com/2012/08/...utm_campaign=Feed:+HawkBlogger+(Hawk+Blogger)

Edit:
Just heard Jason Cole of Yahoo sports tell Paul Silvi on Northwest Sports Tonight that he spoke with someone close to Jackson and was told by that person that Jackson expects to be cut soon.
A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that the Seahawks are talking to a couple of teams about trading Jackson, and that a deal could happen. But the Seahawks prefer to wait for one or more teams to suffer a quarterback injury during the preseason, which would help them get a better deal in return.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom