Serious thread: Why are homosexuals so "Gay"?

Master Identity role

Know your center

Insert other random words I vaguely remember from Minority Group Relations lecture.

But nah for real ill ask my coworker for the inside scoop. He dresses like a normal dude but acts mad fruity yet doesnt go over the top too much. Will post later.

[h1]
[/h1]

you're asking why some are so flamboyant?  I think you answered it when you talked about all the years of them having to live in the closet

or  maybe it's clinical that they identify more with feminineness and since they aren't women they tend to exaggerate it.
if you're asking how did the term gay become synonymous with homosexual? 
I guess because it's a more of a physical descriptor of what people think homosexuality means.

I guess because you really can't tell if someone is homosexual just based on physical appearance, 

maybe its has to do society being most familiar with stereotypical versions of homosexuals (flamboyant, feminine...)

It's why you have people saying something is gay, or even that a man can't be bisexual, saying if you do sleep with women and men, well then 

you're gay not bisexual.  They're trying to apply the colloquialism "gay" instead of the correct clinical description, bisexual, as if sexuality operated on of scale or something

don't know how much sense that made, but it's how i look at it.

edit - sorry got lost in all the verbiage....

Originally Posted by IamMD

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

Anyone interested in the topic should take the time to Google "My Princess Boy". It's a book written by a Mom about her son who was obviously gay by the age of 4.

http://www.myprincessboy.com/index.asp
Saw the special about that little guy...

While I commend the mom for being accepting, I also think gender roles - outside of sexuality -- do serve a purpose. I think letting a 4 year old decide what kind of 40 year old he wants to be, is ridiculous, gay or straight. If I have a gay son, I won't be the type of dad to disown,
30t6p3b.gif
, or treat him badly in any way, but until he's old enough to either whoop my +*! or move out, ain't no tutus being rocked under MY roof. Like who you wanna like, but look like a man doing it. That's all I'm saying. You represent no one but yourself when you're having sex. But if you go to 3rd grade wearing snow white dresses, that's on me. And I can't have that. I just can't... sorry..
so what happens if your son is transgendered?  Will you still force him to pretend to be a boy?

Transgendered people and gay people are not one in the same though. Why bring another issue altogether into a thread already loaded to the brink with tension? Oh yeah, to derail the actual thread..

Moving along..
Let people live. Not every gay dude is a diva type dude but even if they are doesn't bother me. Ill never knock someone for doing what makes them happy as long as its morally ok.
This isn't about morals, because if it was, no one would agree on ANYTHING.. I just think it may be counter productive to try to fit in while standing so far out there. That's all. I'm not knocking anybody for any choice they've made or any alignment they fall under -- morally, sexually, racially, or otherwise.

That's what they're doing
pimp.gif

No need to rain on their parade. You said so yourself that they're happy.
Let them live OP. They aren't hurting you in any way. I think you know exactly what you're doing with this thread.
I honestly hope this thread gets locked before the insecure dark side of NT shows itself.

A story:
Maybe 8 years ago I went to Provincetown, MA to take a boat into international waters for my aunt's lesbian wedding.
This was literally the most gay place I've ever been. From what I could tell my family and I were the only straight ones in the part of town we were at
laugh.gif

Everyone was flamboyant and happy. They weren't putting on a show for anyone, they were comfortable with who they were.
You may not be able to understand it, but you don't have to.
Why do straight women act like straight women?
Why do straight men act like straight men?
Why do children act like children?
Why does a dog act like a dog?
Let them be. It's none of your concern
I'm not raining on anybody's parade either.. I just raised a valid question/discussion. What, we can't discuss things now? It's none of my concern? By that logic, why talk about anything at all on NT? 

Why DO straight/gay/black/blue/fat/ugly people act ________... Why don't people just act like people and let their sexuality take the back seat? That's all I've asked, in so many words..

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

Anyone interested in the topic should take the time to Google "My Princess Boy". It's a book written by a Mom about her son who was obviously gay by the age of 4.

http://www.myprincessboy.com/index.asp

While I commend the mom for being accepting, I also think gender roles - outside of sexuality -- do serve a purpose. I think letting a 4 year old decide what kind of 40 year old he wants to be, is ridiculous, gay or straight. If I have a gay son, I won't be the type of dad to disown,
30t6p3b.gif
, or treat him badly in any way, but until he's old enough to either whoop my +*! or move out, ain't no tutus being rocked under MY roof. Like who you wanna like, but look like a man doing it. That's all I'm saying. You represent no one but yourself when you're having sex. But if you go to 3rd grade wearing snow white dresses, that's on me. And I can't have that. I just can't... sorry..
so what happens if your son is transgendered?  Will you still force him to pretend to be a boy?

Transgendered people and gay people are not one in the same though. Why bring another issue altogether into a thread already loaded to the brink with tension? Oh yeah, to derail the actual thread..

Moving along..
Let people live. Not every gay dude is a diva type dude but even if they are doesn't bother me. Ill never knock someone for doing what makes them happy as long as its morally ok.
This isn't about morals, because if it was, no one would agree on ANYTHING.. I just think it may be counter productive to try to fit in while standing so far out there. That's all. I'm not knocking anybody for any choice they've made or any alignment they fall under -- morally, sexually, racially, or otherwise.

pimp.gif

Let them live OP. They aren't hurting you in any way. I think you know exactly what you're doing with this thread.
I honestly hope this thread gets locked before the insecure dark side of NT shows itself.

A story:
Maybe 8 years ago I went to Provincetown, MA to take a boat into international waters for my aunt's lesbian wedding.
This was literally the most gay place I've ever been. From what I could tell my family and I were the only straight ones in the part of town we were at
laugh.gif

Everyone was flamboyant and happy. They weren't putting on a show for anyone, they were comfortable with who they were.
I'm not raining on anybody's parade either.. I just raised a valid question/discussion. What, we can't discuss things now? It's none of my concern? By that logic, why talk about anything at all on NT? 

Why DO straight/gay/black/blue/fat/ugly people act ________... Why don't people just act like people and let their sexuality take the back seat? That's all I've asked, in so many words..

30t6p3b.gif

Moving along..

pimp.gif

A story:
laugh.gif

Why DO straight/gay/black/blue/fat/ugly people act ******ed... Why don't people just act like people and let their sexuality take the back seat? That's all I've asked, in so many words..

I been meaning to ask you this..

30t6p3b.gif

Moving along..

pimp.gif

A story:
laugh.gif

Why DO straight/gay/black/blue/fat/ugly people act ******ed... Why don't people just act like people and let their sexuality take the back seat? That's all I've asked, in so many words..

I been meaning to ask you this..

After reading this thread OP I find myself asking one question....

Why do you care so much?

Who cares how the next person acts? Let them be them, and you do you. Thats half the problem with our country we are so worried about what other people are doing. We dont take the time to better ourselves. OP dont worry if a man acts "Gay". My cousin is a "Lesbian", she cut her hair off looks exactly like me, and she is the best person I know. But since she cut her hair off does that make her flamboyant? I think this was a bad topic to start man.

Why do you care so much?

Who cares how the next person acts? Let them be them, and you do you. Thats half the problem with our country we are so worried about what other people are doing. We dont take the time to better ourselves. OP dont worry if a man acts "Gay". My cousin is a "Lesbian", she cut her hair off looks exactly like me, and she is the best person I know. But since she cut her hair off does that make her flamboyant? I think this was a bad topic to start man.

now that i think about it...you only remember the attention ++$%$!. for better and for worse. right?

now that i think about it...you only remember the attention ++$%$!. for better and for worse. right?

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Why do you care so much?

I don't, personally....never have and never will.  Why do OTHER people care? That's the real question. Why not ask such a question to a big @#% group of people from all walks of life? You got something better to talk about on NT? Go ahead. I'm not keeping you in this thread
laugh.gif

Moving right along.. Really MD? An ugly joke? That's all you got? Let my **** go famalam
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by jhobson5

Why do you care so much?

I don't, personally....never have and never will.  Why do OTHER people care? That's the real question. Why not ask such a question to a big @#% group of people from all walks of life? You got something better to talk about on NT? Go ahead. I'm not keeping you in this thread
laugh.gif

Moving right along.. Really MD? An ugly joke? That's all you got? Let my **** go famalam
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

A story:
laugh.gif

Your OP drips ignorance.

Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with how a person acts. There is however, a direct link between hormonal differences between people of different sexualities and how they act.

And.....
What do people act like? What does a generic person, unaffected by sexuality or environment or any other variable.....by your standards....act like?? It's not even definable, and if it was, they'd be the most boring human beings ever to exist.

pimp.gif

A story:
laugh.gif

Your OP drips ignorance.

Skin color has absolutely nothing to do with how a person acts. There is however, a direct link between hormonal differences between people of different sexualities and how they act.

And.....
What do people act like? What does a generic person, unaffected by sexuality or environment or any other variable.....by your standards....act like?? It's not even definable, and if it was, they'd be the most boring human beings ever to exist.

HOOSIERdaddy282 wrote:
jhobson5 wrote:

Why do you care so much?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Op if you didnt care you would made an entire thread about it....And its about ignorance. You make a thread called "Why are homosexuals so 'Gay'?" That sounds pretty ignorant to me like you have no home training. And the whole reason why i came into this thread was hoping it wasnt something as ignorant as what you posted, but I was wrong. Stop worrying about the next man and do you.  

HOOSIERdaddy282 wrote:
jhobson5 wrote:

Why do you care so much?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Op if you didnt care you would made an entire thread about it....And its about ignorance. You make a thread called "Why are homosexuals so 'Gay'?" That sounds pretty ignorant to me like you have no home training. And the whole reason why i came into this thread was hoping it wasnt something as ignorant as what you posted, but I was wrong. Stop worrying about the next man and do you.  

Serious question...how do some of their voices just magically change and stay that way? I don't wanna use the term "gay voice"...but you get the point.

Serious question...how do some of their voices just magically change and stay that way? I don't wanna use the term "gay voice"...but you get the point.

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

pimp.gif

A story:
laugh.gif

Your OP drips ignorance.

And.....

Hold up.

Of course my OP is ignorant. I'm asking for an EXPLANATION of something. The whole world is ignorant about gay people, so don't shoot me down for asking some one to shed a little light. Sheesh! What you so mad for? 

jhobson5 wrote:
HOOSIERdaddy282 wrote:
jhobson5 wrote:

Why do you care so much?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

How does the title sound ignorant when I used the LITERAL DEFINITION of the term "Gay" and pointed out that sexual orientation an mannerisms are not necessarily linked? No home training? What?
laugh.gif
... now you're just picking random insults to throw at me.. and for what? Anger before comprehension is a bad look man. What would be less ignorant then, in your opinion?

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

pimp.gif

A story:
laugh.gif

Your OP drips ignorance.

And.....

Hold up.

Of course my OP is ignorant. I'm asking for an EXPLANATION of something. The whole world is ignorant about gay people, so don't shoot me down for asking some one to shed a little light. Sheesh! What you so mad for? 

jhobson5 wrote:
HOOSIERdaddy282 wrote:
jhobson5 wrote:

Why do you care so much?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

How does the title sound ignorant when I used the LITERAL DEFINITION of the term "Gay" and pointed out that sexual orientation an mannerisms are not necessarily linked? No home training? What?
laugh.gif
... now you're just picking random insults to throw at me.. and for what? Anger before comprehension is a bad look man. What would be less ignorant then, in your opinion?

Originally Posted by proper english

Prince acts "gay".. why does he get a pass? 
nerd.gif
No, Prince dresses gay, and has a face softer than wonder bread ...

But listen, It's not all gay guys, but some do have the tendency to be over-do it.  Some, because, I think, they desire to be more feminine than women.

I know when I was in S.F., living out there for a few months, my ex-girl's fam (who was mostly gay), would call us "Breeders", and call her even worst names. 

Some despise women I believe, as bad as they want to be them. 

nerd.gif

But listen, It's not all gay guys, but some do have the tendency to be over-do it.  Some, because, I think, they desire to be more feminine than women.

I know when I was in S.F., living out there for a few months, my ex-girl's fam (who was mostly gay), would call us "Breeders", and call her even worst names. 

Originally Posted by akuratl02

nerd.gif

Sort of like butch lesbians. They hate men yet try their hardest to look like one
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom