Serious thread: Why are homosexuals so "Gay"?

I think the problem is that you, or anyone who knows that someone is gay just based on their outward appearance, mannerisms, voice, etc, are generalizing and assuming that most gay males act that way.

I also think it's funny (gay?) that when heterosexuals immediately lump homosexuals into a group that it's generally just GAY MALES. How often do you hear someone say, "I hate lesbians!"? Or when homosexuality is discussed, it's never a problem that two women may go down on each other, use toys or anything they need to satisfy their sexual needs but the problem is that "Men were not created to have sex with each other, it's just unnatural!" How can you truly be so opposed to homosexuality, feel it's wrong...but it's really just gay males? No, it's not the way we were intended, blah blah blah, you're just discriminating.

My GUESS is that it for those that "act gay" it could be genetic, it could be a need to identify with themselves or each other, it could also just be a matter of feeling repressed that once they are comfortable with their sexuality and letting it be known, they have no desire to hide it. The main thing is that not all gay people act gay in that sense, other people just see those and automatically identify those people as being the way that gay people (males) are.

ScarsOrScabs wrote:

"Moment of Clarity" reference?
pimp.gif

My GUESS is that it for those that "act gay" it could be genetic, it could be a need to identify with themselves or each other, it could also just be a matter of feeling repressed that once they are comfortable with their sexuality and letting it be known, they have no desire to hide it. The main thing is that not all gay people act gay in that sense, other people just see those and automatically identify those people as being the way that gay people (males) are.
Not ALL of ANYbody acts a certain way. I think everyone gets that at this point. I never intended to imply that I saw all gay people as one particular way. If I did, I apologize for that. But for those that do perpetuate the stereotype, can't they see that at this stage of social evolution it does less to highlight individuality and much more to incite segregation? Isn't that counterproductive?

ScarsOrScabs wrote:

"Moment of Clarity" reference?
pimp.gif

Not ALL of ANYbody acts a certain way. I think everyone gets that at this point. I never intended to imply that I saw all gay people as one particular way. If I did, I apologize for that. But for those that do perpetuate the stereotype, can't they see that at this stage of social evolution it does less to highlight individuality and much more to incite segregation? Isn't that counterproductive?

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I always wondered that, too.

It's like..if you're gay..cool..but why be all extra about it?
30t6p3b.gif
there's all types of flamboyance everywhere-- it's not restricted to any particular race, ethnicity, sexual orientation.

I always wondered that, too.

It's like..if you're gay..cool..but why be all extra about it?
30t6p3b.gif
there's all types of flamboyance everywhere-- it's not restricted to any particular race, ethnicity, sexual orientation.

I dont understand how a man can prance around like a female and expect to be taken serious.

I dont understand how a man can prance around like a female and expect to be taken serious.

Originally Posted by cartune

In simplest terms, I agree. I'm all for gender roles with very little regard to sexuality. Genders are a lot more concrete than sexuality. So I'm not really with labeling people straight or gay (as I see sexuality as more of a gradient than a black and white affair). But gender is pretty straight forward, no pun. I get that men/women here act different than men/women elsewhere. But outside of a select few  that are actually transgendered and NOT gay, I just don't see how acting like how the opposite sex typically behaves is conducive to a frictionless existence in this world. The whole "Treat me normal while I act differently" logic is so flawed IMO.

What came first the lisp or the craving for the dil?

weak.

In simplest terms, I agree. I'm all for gender roles with very little regard to sexuality. Genders are a lot more concrete than sexuality. So I'm not really with labeling people straight or gay (as I see sexuality as more of a gradient than a black and white affair). But gender is pretty straight forward, no pun. I get that men/women here act different than men/women elsewhere. But outside of a select few  that are actually transgendered and NOT gay, I just don't see how acting like how the opposite sex typically behaves is conducive to a frictionless existence in this world. The whole "Treat me normal while I act differently" logic is so flawed IMO.

weak.

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

Anyone interested in the topic should take the time to Google "My Princess Boy". It's a book written by a Mom about her son who was obviously gay by the age of 4.

http://www.myprincessboy.com/index.asp
Saw the special about that little guy...

While I commend the mom for being accepting, I also think gender roles - outside of sexuality -- do serve a purpose. I think letting a 4 year old decide what kind of 40 year old he wants to be, is ridiculous, gay or straight. If I have a gay son, I won't be the type of dad to disown,
30t6p3b.gif
, or treat him badly in any way, but until he's old enough to either whoop my +*! or move out, ain't no tutus being rocked under MY roof. Like who you wanna like, but look like a man doing it. That's all I'm saying. You represent no one but yourself when you're having sex. But if you go to 3rd grade wearing snow white dresses, that's on me. And I can't have that. I just can't... sorry..

So you would not be accepting of or support your own flesh and blood unless they do so and so, regardless of the life he or she chooses to live?
How successful do you think you'll be in forcing your child to be something that they aren't?

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by proper english

Prince acts "gay".. why does he get a pass? 
nerd.gif
No, Prince dresses gay, and has a face softer than wonder bread ...

But listen, It's not all gay guys, but some do have the tendency to be over-do it.  Some, because, I think, they desire to be more feminine than women.

I know when I was in S.F., living out there for a few months, my ex-girl's fam (who was mostly gay), would call us "Breeders", and call her even worst names. 

Some despise women I believe, as bad as they want to be them. 

Sort of like butch lesbians. They hate men yet try their hardest to look like one
laugh.gif

"You don't see a Jew dressing up like a Nazi."

From Jim Jeffrie's Alcoholocaust comedy special. Go watch that ... now!
Originally Posted by damnitzdom

You need to visit San Francisco and see that a majority of gay people don't even act that way.

It's like singling out an entire race based on what a handful of their people do.

This

weak.

Gender roles=/=Biological sex IMO.
If gender roles are so concrete in sex then what do you have to say about a man that is born with the gender identity of a female or vice versa?
It's not about treating someone normal, it's about being accepting.
Until you learn to accept those mannerisms in people then how will they be able to annoy you?

Anyone interested in the topic should take the time to Google "My Princess Boy". It's a book written by a Mom about her son who was obviously gay by the age of 4.

While I commend the mom for being accepting, I also think gender roles - outside of sexuality -- do serve a purpose. I think letting a 4 year old decide what kind of 40 year old he wants to be, is ridiculous, gay or straight. If I have a gay son, I won't be the type of dad to disown,
30t6p3b.gif
, or treat him badly in any way, but until he's old enough to either whoop my +*! or move out, ain't no tutus being rocked under MY roof. Like who you wanna like, but look like a man doing it. That's all I'm saying. You represent no one but yourself when you're having sex. But if you go to 3rd grade wearing snow white dresses, that's on me. And I can't have that. I just can't... sorry..

So you would not be accepting of or support your own flesh and blood unless they do so and so, regardless of the life he or she chooses to live?
How successful do you think you'll be in forcing your child to be something that they aren't?

Originally Posted by proper english

Prince acts "gay".. why does he get a pass? 
nerd.gif

But listen, It's not all gay guys, but some do have the tendency to be over-do it.  Some, because, I think, they desire to be more feminine than women.

I know when I was in S.F., living out there for a few months, my ex-girl's fam (who was mostly gay), would call us "Breeders", and call her even worst names. 

Sort of like butch lesbians. They hate men yet try their hardest to look like one
laugh.gif

You need to visit San Francisco and see that a majority of gay people don't even act that way.

It's like singling out an entire race based on what a handful of their people do.

This

weak.

If gender roles are so concrete in sex then what do you have to say about a man that is born with the gender identity of a female or vice versa?
Until you learn to accept those mannerisms in people then how will they be able to annoy you?

Thats what im saying OP.

This has always been my views on homosexuals. I do not care about your sexuality. If you like men, ok cool. But if you run around talking like a female, wearing spiked collars, no shirt, harry chest, short shorts, and some black boots, im gonna make fun of you. Not because your homosexual, because your acting like a god dam fool. If a straight person was dong this id make fun of them too. You can be a homosexual and still act normal. I have seen more cases of gay people acting like fools how I explained above than normal. Just act normal and you're cool.

Thats what im saying OP.

This has always been my views on homosexuals. I do not care about your sexuality. If you like men, ok cool. But if you run around talking like a female, wearing spiked collars, no shirt, harry chest, short shorts, and some black boots, im gonna make fun of you. Not because your homosexual, because your acting like a god dam fool. If a straight person was dong this id make fun of them too. You can be a homosexual and still act normal. I have seen more cases of gay people acting like fools how I explained above than normal. Just act normal and you're cool.

Originally Posted by iYen

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

This

weak.

Some people just lack comprehension.
30t6p3b.gif

Thats what im saying OP.

This has always been my views on homosexuals. I do not care about your sexuality. If you like men, ok cool. But if you run around talking like a female, wearing spiked collars, no shirt, harry chest, short shorts, and some black boots, im gonna make fun of you. Not because your homosexual, because your acting like a god dam fool. If a straight person was dong this id make fun of them too. You can be a homosexual and still act normal. I have seen more cases of gay people acting like fools how I explained above than normal. Just act normal and you're cool
I don't condone making fun of anybody, for any reason. Sure, I do it. I call people ugly/fat/stupid/what have you.We're all hypocrites about something. But I don't condone it. So nah, I'm not with the gay bashing -- even though I'm not exactly one to say that's so 16 year old boy with a cheesy mustache. Get my drift? It is what it is...

Anyway..

I can definitely see how some people would be thrown off though. I mean... I just...get it...it's like DUDE...go be a GUY somewhere. Gay guy? Straight guy? Whatever... just be a GUY though
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

This

weak.

30t6p3b.gif

Thats what im saying OP.

This has always been my views on homosexuals. I do not care about your sexuality. If you like men, ok cool. But if you run around talking like a female, wearing spiked collars, no shirt, harry chest, short shorts, and some black boots, im gonna make fun of you. Not because your homosexual, because your acting like a god dam fool. If a straight person was dong this id make fun of them too. You can be a homosexual and still act normal. I have seen more cases of gay people acting like fools how I explained above than normal. Just act normal and you're cool
I don't condone making fun of anybody, for any reason. Sure, I do it. I call people ugly/fat/stupid/what have you.We're all hypocrites about something. But I don't condone it. So nah, I'm not with the gay bashing -- even though I'm not exactly one to say that's so 16 year old boy with a cheesy mustache. Get my drift? It is what it is...

Anyway..

I can definitely see how some people would be thrown off though. I mean... I just...get it...it's like DUDE...go be a GUY somewhere. Gay guy? Straight guy? Whatever... just be a GUY though
grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

This

weak.
30t6p3b.gif

On second thought,m I don't think being dismissive will solve anything. So I'm gonna address what you've replied:

-How would I be forcing my boy to be something he's not by having him dress like a boy? As I've stated, my concern is not with whom he lays with, but rather who he IS. As a parent, whether your child is gay or straight, you have some degree of influence over who your child becomes. My influence would direct him to men's clothing rather than let him wear dresses to school. That's about it. My direction would lead him into sports because his PHYSIQUE gives him the muscle mass and potential to be somebody in that field - being a black male and all. These are natural facts.

-This, what? Mostr gays live in San Francisco? No..
laugh.gif
... that conclusion is more closed minded than any I'VE stated. No, it's AS closed minded as what some of you guys think I'm saying. It's as if he's saying because SF is a certain way, all gays are like the ones in SF. How can San Francisco be an accurate representation of the gay populations world wide and through out time? It isn't. Stop.

-You said the EXACT opposite of everything you quoted and attributed to me. Wow... That's hilarious
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

This

weak.
30t6p3b.gif

On second thought,m I don't think being dismissive will solve anything. So I'm gonna address what you've replied:

-How would I be forcing my boy to be something he's not by having him dress like a boy? As I've stated, my concern is not with whom he lays with, but rather who he IS. As a parent, whether your child is gay or straight, you have some degree of influence over who your child becomes. My influence would direct him to men's clothing rather than let him wear dresses to school. That's about it. My direction would lead him into sports because his PHYSIQUE gives him the muscle mass and potential to be somebody in that field - being a black male and all. These are natural facts.

-This, what? Mostr gays live in San Francisco? No..
laugh.gif
... that conclusion is more closed minded than any I'VE stated. No, it's AS closed minded as what some of you guys think I'm saying. It's as if he's saying because SF is a certain way, all gays are like the ones in SF. How can San Francisco be an accurate representation of the gay populations world wide and through out time? It isn't. Stop.

-You said the EXACT opposite of everything you quoted and attributed to me. Wow... That's hilarious
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

This

weak.
30t6p3b.gif

Thats what im saying OP.

Anyway..

grin.gif

Rather then reply to my argument, I lack something?
Some people just lack textual articulation.
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

This

weak.
30t6p3b.gif

Thats what im saying OP.

Anyway..

grin.gif

30t6p3b.gif

why some blacks gotta be dark tho.....but srs the gays cool w/ me i seen a flaming flamboyant on the metro he had to be like 75 it was too funny

why some blacks gotta be dark tho.....but srs the gays cool w/ me i seen a flaming flamboyant on the metro he had to be like 75 it was too funny

30t6p3b.gif
Even though you cleartly misunderstood the two posts of mine you replied to, I decided to go ahead and holla back at you anyway.And yes, you lack comprehension. I do not lack articulation, clearly... I've been articulating myself all day...

30t6p3b.gif
Even though you cleartly misunderstood the two posts of mine you replied to, I decided to go ahead and holla back at you anyway.And yes, you lack comprehension. I do not lack articulation, clearly... I've been articulating myself all day...

Back
Top Bottom