Shameless official thread Vol. Don't even know what season they are on.

Say what you need to I'm interested
So it's been over a month since I finished the series so I'm just gonna go from the top of my head.

Frank: As big of a scumbag as he's been the entire series, he still has some redeeming qualities that make him a great character that you somehow still love despite his terrible parenting. I think in the later seasons (after Fiona's failed wedding) they treated like **** for no good reason. They've had plenty of opportunities to completely cut him off, especially after he called Family Services (I forget why, please refresh me), but they did it after he saved Fiona from a dreadful marriage? And he was making legitimate attempts to be a good father for once and they still blew him off.

His relationship with Sheila those first 4-5 seasons was consistently one of the best storylines in the show and hands down the best relationship in the series. I think going forward he may actually end up becoming a good father and hopefully the rest of the family begins to accept him. I think he was already showing signs of wanting to be more involved, but with Monica's death I think he really clings to his family.

Sheila: So underrated. Some of the best storylines involved her and her house. I was sad to see her go after 5(?) seasons, but I think she definitely ran her course with Jody (didn't expect him to be as great as he was BTW) and Karen gone, no man around, and nothing else to do.

Fiona: I think her best days were with Jimmy-Steve. Once he was out of the picture in season 3 she made some really, really questionable calls. Her taste in men so horrendous it's no wonder Debbie went down that path. Anyway, season 4 was a new low. Cheating on Mike with his own brother, in his house, and multiple times thereafter was disgusting. The worst part about it is she knew how ****** up it was but couldn't help herself. Then the incident with Liam. She really was losing the house.

Why should moved so fast with Gus I have no clue. I thought the guy was boring as hell. For them to marry after like 2 weeks was so asinine. How could she not see that was going to fail? Then her relationship with Sean...BOYYYYY that was something else. Dude seemed decent but really just another selfish, screwed up junkie in the end.

Her venture with the laundromat was really stupid. She lucked out in the end, but I had no sympathy for her while it was blowing up in her face. It's a laundromat, the hell did you expect? Like I said, the early seasons ended up being her best. I still believe Jimmy-Steve was her best match. They were both lunatics, but he was the only guy that had what it took to handle her. He was also the most charismatic/entertaining guy she's been with. Everyone else been a downgrade.

Jimmy-Steve: The only one capable of handling Fiona IMO. Their storyline was the best of all Fiona's relationships, hands down. He was compelling in his own right. It's a shame he was never able to get his behavior under control, but like everyone else Fiona dated he was an addict - for him it was fast money and a dangerous lifestyle. After his comeback in season 5 though, the vibe with him was different. He seemed disingenuous which turned out to be true when it was revealed that he wasn't going to be sacrificing anything by staying with Fiona this time because the job he supposedly gave up had already fell through. That showed me he really wasn't 'bout it. Still a great character.

Lip: Arguably my favorite character, Lip is always interesting to me. He has all the potential in the world but his self-destructive nature and Frank-like tendencies always kept him in trouble. I think he's had the best run of relationships in the show. Karen/Mandy/Amanda/Helene/Sierra all had great storyline. Mandy was ultimately the best of the bunch although you would never have guessed it. She really turned it around with Lip. Always by his side, pushing him to go to college. She was looking like a ride or die until the Karen situation. I don't know why Lip was so strung off Karen like that. His alcoholism down the line was hard to watch. Seeing him in such a great position to succeed and then losing it all was tough. Even more so because of the high horse he'd been on since Fiona went into a downward spiral in season 4. By the end of season 7, the roles had completely reversed.

Speaking of season 4, I think it was the show's weakest. Definitely a transition season, but it took like 6 episodes to get good. It was hard in the beginning mainly because we ad been so accustomed to seeing a full, frenetic Gallagher household for 3 seasons, but all of a sudden Lip is in college, Ian is in the military, Fiona is without Jimmy-Steve's drama, and everything really slowed down.

Kev & V: What a great couple. They always provided comedic relief when you needed it. Kev was a lovable idiot and was my favorite character at times and still may be overall my favorite character. Their storylines really got hot after Svetlana entered the picture and they had the kids and took ownership of the bar.

Carl/Debbie: Carl went from borderline psychopath to one of the most well-rounded characters on the show. Thug Carl still one of the GOAT characters of the series. Debbie....man **** Debbie. In one season (3-4) she went from sweet, naive little sister to full on desperate, lonely, disrespectful, attitudinal ***. Her attitude and decision making was the worst of anyone we've ever seen on the show. Her resoluteness to have that baby was both infuriating and sad. She clearly felt like the forgotten child and rightfully so. Out of everyone, besides Liam, she was the most tame and well tempered people on the show. It made sense that once she hit puberty that this would happen. I thought she'd come down to Earth after the baby but she doubled down on her c-word ness.

Ian/Mickey: They're top two as far as relationships on the show goes, right next to Sheila/Frank. Their chemistry on screen was super dope and Mickey was hilarious. Mickey really peaked once he started accepting their relationship and his homosexuality. Once he grew into that comfort zone, he was money. That fight/beatdown in by the abandoned building was crazy. I thought there was no coming back after that. 7 whole seasons of their mess and I enjoyed every second of it.

That's all I'm doing for now. I'm tired of writing. 
laugh.gif

Exactly how i feel about everything.
Didnt frank call services because he wanted the check

Exactly how i feel about everything.
Didnt frank call services because he wanted the check
What check was it? I feel like there's been a dozen lump sums of money floating around in this show.

I know he was pissed at them because he didn't get what he wanted. I don't know what though.

Not sure.

I'm just curious where we go from here. I also think S8 will be the last. S7 finale was the perfect way to end it all. Loose ends were pretty much tied up. Now we gotta open up another whole can of worms.

I can see Fiona's building being a train wreck. Debbie was eyeing the welding instructor. Ian...I don't know what Ian does at this point. Lip...really not sure either. He was supposedly on the track to managing his alcohol problem, but who knows where he goes with his future/love life. Carl at this point has his stuff together. Kev and V got their relationship together, but career wise it's a toss-up. I wonder if they get their bar back from Svetlana. That's definitely going to be a focal point.

And Frank, honestly, I think will be a better dad. He's already improved as a person since he had to go sober. That was a major character development. Now, I think he's still his loud, idiot-savant, long monologue, manipulative, arrogant self, but in a way that helps his kids.

And Frank, honestly, I think will be a better dad. He's already improved as a person since he had to go sober. That was a major character development. Now, I think he's still his loud, idiot-savant, long monologue, manipulative, arrogant self, but in a way that helps his kids.
There's isn't a puddle of gasoline chance that Frank becomes a better dad. I hate him so much.

If they do another season as a series finally I'd guess Frank will finally die about 2 episodes from the end, if not ol girl comes back and takes care of him

MIckey will show his face and go to prison and I could see Ian being suicidal

Lip's life will be the cliffhanger left to decide on a bottle of booze or a job interview

Debbie ends up becoming a bit more independent, not completely but you will see that she is becoming capable of taking care of herself

Carl ends up being a great lil cadet and gets a few promotions but gets a girl knocked up

Kev & V end up either killing or getting Svetlana deported and raise Mickey's kid with their girls

Fiona ends up "dating" that guy she banged at the party, she finds out that he's just banging her and some other chicks and the apartments she bought are a lil run down and as she struggles to take care of em Jimmy-Steve comes back to help and fade to black

Sooooo apparently the show is back!?!?

Going to peep later.

Talk about perfect timing with Silicon Valley ending & GoT coming up.

Issa lit :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom