Shaq: I compete with Duncan, not Kobe

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The thing is as far back as I can remember he's always talked about being in competition with The Big Funds, it was Laker fans who made it a Shaq?Kobe thing. So this doesn't surprise me at all, as a matter of fact I was just saying this to a cowoker of mine who's a huge LA/Kobe fan todays ago
laugh.gif
I would agree- for the most part he has always been in competition with Tim Duncan, and as big men they should be in competition with one another.  But to say Shaq doesnt care when Kobe wins is just foolish.  When Kobe lost he made a rap about it.  When Kobe wins, he wants to jump on Twitter and shout him out.  To say Shaq isnt thinking about Kobe and how many rings he has in comparison to Kobe is false.

Shaq has played and done enough to speak openly, but don't fall into the trap- the media loves shaq so we're suppose to love shaq and just think everything he says is true.  I mean Penny,Kobe,Wade, Lebron----come on now?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

The thing is as far back as I can remember he's always talked about being in competition with The Big Funds, it was Laker fans who made it a Shaq?Kobe thing. So this doesn't surprise me at all, as a matter of fact I was just saying this to a cowoker of mine who's a huge LA/Kobe fan todays ago
laugh.gif
I would agree- for the most part he has always been in competition with Tim Duncan, and as big men they should be in competition with one another.  But to say Shaq doesnt care when Kobe wins is just foolish.  When Kobe lost he made a rap about it.  When Kobe wins, he wants to jump on Twitter and shout him out.  To say Shaq isnt thinking about Kobe and how many rings he has in comparison to Kobe is false.

Shaq has played and done enough to speak openly, but don't fall into the trap- the media loves shaq so we're suppose to love shaq and just think everything he says is true.  I mean Penny,Kobe,Wade, Lebron----come on now?

Tim Duncan is the greatest power forward of all time.
So that AUTOMATICALLY makes him the best player of that era.

Would be dope if he one ups SHAQ tho.
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

Heard this yesterday on the dpshow...question was brought up as who wud go down in history as the better player Shaq or Duncan...i think its a tough one...consistency vs domination...ive seen sum say its a landslide on both ends lol

Heard this yesterday on the dpshow...question was brought up as who wud go down in history as the better player Shaq or Duncan...i think its a tough one...consistency vs domination...ive seen sum say its a landslide on both ends lol

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

theres a new article every week, wait everyday of Gil trash talking someone different everyday?
eyes.gif

Shaq is a LOSER, dude needs to get a life and concentrate on basketball. all he does is run his mouth and do nothing on the court.
Cleaves_and_Izzo.jpg

anyways shaq is right. i remember him back in the early 2000s he'd always say i want more rings than duncan. but then again he did have a rap about kobe.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

theres a new article every week, wait everyday of Gil trash talking someone different everyday?
eyes.gif

Shaq is a LOSER, dude needs to get a life and concentrate on basketball. all he does is run his mouth and do nothing on the court.
Cleaves_and_Izzo.jpg

anyways shaq is right. i remember him back in the early 2000s he'd always say i want more rings than duncan. but then again he did have a rap about kobe.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

I'm not arguing about your conclusion but I argue with your premise. Tim and Shaq are definitely 1a/b to me for this era. But that said, the quality of upper echelon centers is way greater than that of power forward. There have been many more GREAT centers than there have been GREAT power forwards.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

I'm not arguing about your conclusion but I argue with your premise. Tim and Shaq are definitely 1a/b to me for this era. But that said, the quality of upper echelon centers is way greater than that of power forward. There have been many more GREAT centers than there have been GREAT power forwards.

A system that allows multiple post requests when only the first should be accepted = amateur balls.
Yuku, you suck!

Solution: grey out / disable the damn Post button once the first click is pressed so trigger-happy clickers like me won't keep hitting it because you guys are so damn slow!

A system that allows multiple post requests when only the first should be accepted = amateur balls.
Yuku, you suck!

Yuku, you suck!

Yuku, you suck!

Solution: grey out / disable the damn Post button once the first click is pressed so trigger-happy clickers like me won't keep hitting it because you guys are so damn slow!

Yuku, you suck!

Or rather, your developers suck!

Yuku, you suck!

Or rather, your developers suck!

I really don't think he said anything salty. Why should he be competing with guards? Guards and big men aren't compared to each other if you think about it. He is essentially saying to prove he isthe best big man in this area, he wants to make sure he has more rings than Duncan. I don't take this as a shot to Kobe at all.

I really don't think he said anything salty. Why should he be competing with guards? Guards and big men aren't compared to each other if you think about it. He is essentially saying to prove he isthe best big man in this area, he wants to make sure he has more rings than Duncan. I don't take this as a shot to Kobe at all.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Either way Kobe should STILL be thanking Shaq for his first 3 rings.
And Shaq should be thanking Kobe that he was on the team. Shaq would not have won those 3 rings by himself.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Either way Kobe should STILL be thanking Shaq for his first 3 rings.
And Shaq should be thanking Kobe that he was on the team. Shaq would not have won those 3 rings by himself.

I agreed with what he said until he started saying "little guys who throw up 30 shots a game."

1. He used to put up a ton of shots a game in his prime
2. He didn't have to word it that way. His quote would've been fine without that last addition.

Back
Top Bottom