Shaq: I compete with Duncan, not Kobe

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Originally Posted by ElijahBrohammed

Either way Kobe should STILL be thanking Shaq for his first 3 rings.
And Shaq should be thanking Kobe that he was on the team. Shaq would not have won those 3 rings by himself.

Yeah sure.........3 Championship Rings and 3 Finals MVP for Shaq during their tenure together but somehow Shaq should be thanking Kobe.  Not to mention Shaq was on the Lakers team before Kobe.  Nice try champ.
Ohh right, because Shaq won so many rings before Kobe got there, right?

Idiot.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Got 'em.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

And Shaq should be thanking Kobe that he was on the team. Shaq would not have won those 3 rings by himself.

Yeah sure.........3 Championship Rings and 3 Finals MVP for Shaq during their tenure together but somehow Shaq should be thanking Kobe.  Not to mention Shaq was on the Lakers team before Kobe.  Nice try champ.

Idiot.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Got 'em.

Why do people fall for these baits still? It has been almost 8 years now. If people still believe Shaq did ALL of the work and Kobe was just a little piece of the puzzle, let themselves that they believe that. No point of arguing with that man. Obviously they have a personal vendetta against Lil Kobe.

Why do people fall for these baits still? It has been almost 8 years now. If people still believe Shaq did ALL of the work and Kobe was just a little piece of the puzzle, let themselves that they believe that. No point of arguing with that man. Obviously they have a personal vendetta against Lil Kobe.

Once again, during their tenure together Shaq got 3 Finals MVP and 1 League MVP while Kobe didn't nothing of the sort.  I said this before and I'll say it again Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin.  Why is that so hard for dudes to understand??

Once again, during their tenure together Shaq got 3 Finals MVP and 1 League MVP while Kobe didn't nothing of the sort.  I said this before and I'll say it again Shaq was Batman and Kobe was Robin.  Why is that so hard for dudes to understand??

Ask Shaq if he competed with Kobe after he won in Miami. I'd shut my mouth considering how things are going for him. Hes a fat **@#% that has never left anywhere without people being pissed. I used to love this man, but dude has just gone too far, and is still to annoying. I hope we don't retire his number. The big bandwagon

Ask Shaq if he competed with Kobe after he won in Miami. I'd shut my mouth considering how things are going for him. Hes a fat **@#% that has never left anywhere without people being pissed. I used to love this man, but dude has just gone too far, and is still to annoying. I hope we don't retire his number. The big bandwagon

My god this dude loves to stay in the spotlight..

Competing with Duncan?
laugh.gif
.. Shaq is competing with Big Baby for the back up Center position, hes potentially going to be a 3rd stringer on his own team let alone competing with Kobe or Duncan.

Since when do players that average 11 points and 4 rebounds get this much attention?

I honestly hope/wish that Kobe posterizes this bum. It would be one of the most powerful basketball photos of all time IMO, Kobe on Shaq, Lakers/Celtics..
eek.gif
at the thought

I LOVE Shaq for all the years I was blessed to watch him straight MURK EVERYBODY in his prime here in LA, but he really needs to shut the hell up. If he was relevant on the basketball court it would be different, but he's not, yet hes talkin' like hes still the 1st or 2nd option (hell even 3rd or 4th) option on his team.

I was hoping for a Lakers/Heat Finals, but now I want a rematch with the Celtics so Shaq can once and for all shut the %*%* up.. I can see him now, still talkin trash on the Lakers/Kobe after his career is over.

My god this dude loves to stay in the spotlight..

Competing with Duncan?
laugh.gif
.. Shaq is competing with Big Baby for the back up Center position, hes potentially going to be a 3rd stringer on his own team let alone competing with Kobe or Duncan.

Since when do players that average 11 points and 4 rebounds get this much attention?

I honestly hope/wish that Kobe posterizes this bum. It would be one of the most powerful basketball photos of all time IMO, Kobe on Shaq, Lakers/Celtics..
eek.gif
at the thought

I LOVE Shaq for all the years I was blessed to watch him straight MURK EVERYBODY in his prime here in LA, but he really needs to shut the hell up. If he was relevant on the basketball court it would be different, but he's not, yet hes talkin' like hes still the 1st or 2nd option (hell even 3rd or 4th) option on his team.

I was hoping for a Lakers/Heat Finals, but now I want a rematch with the Celtics so Shaq can once and for all shut the %*%* up.. I can see him now, still talkin trash on the Lakers/Kobe after his career is over.

either you missed what he was trying to say or you're an idiot......do you really think Shaq would have won those rings without kobe on that team? and because i know your gonna try and turn it around again no i dont think kobe would have won them if Shaq wasent on that team

either you missed what he was trying to say or you're an idiot......do you really think Shaq would have won those rings without kobe on that team? and because i know your gonna try and turn it around again no i dont think kobe would have won them if Shaq wasent on that team

they both joined the Lakers in 1996.
  Make no mistake about it though champ, that was Shaq's team during their tenure.  Kobe just happened to take it over after he snitch on Shaq and got him shipped out of town.

make no mistake about it though that ive claimed that earlier in this thread that shaq was the most dominant and it was his team but you act like kobe had nothing to do with it. kobe was the sidekick but shaq and kobe needed each other. same way how pip and jordan needed each other. 

all i was doing is correcting you from your mistake that shaq was a Laker before kobe champ but you took it to another topic. from what i see is your some your facts are somewhat blinded by hate.

they both joined the Lakers in 1996.
  Make no mistake about it though champ, that was Shaq's team during their tenure.  Kobe just happened to take it over after he snitch on Shaq and got him shipped out of town.

make no mistake about it though that ive claimed that earlier in this thread that shaq was the most dominant and it was his team but you act like kobe had nothing to do with it. kobe was the sidekick but shaq and kobe needed each other. same way how pip and jordan needed each other. 

all i was doing is correcting you from your mistake that shaq was a Laker before kobe champ but you took it to another topic. from what i see is your some your facts are somewhat blinded by hate.

And its kinda unbelievable how many facts have come out about the Kobe/Shaq thing, yet Kobe haters still stick to the same dumb stories. Did you guys choose to forget Shaq trying to suck on Kobe's nuts and admitting that Jerry Buss ran him out of town before the All Star game in Vegas? They couldn't get along, but Buss was only gonna keep one anyways. He made the right choice...

And its kinda unbelievable how many facts have come out about the Kobe/Shaq thing, yet Kobe haters still stick to the same dumb stories. Did you guys choose to forget Shaq trying to suck on Kobe's nuts and admitting that Jerry Buss ran him out of town before the All Star game in Vegas? They couldn't get along, but Buss was only gonna keep one anyways. He made the right choice...

but dude has just gone too far, and is still to annoying. I hope we don't retire his number.

Shaq along with Kobe of course brought the Lakers back to being relevant again but yet instill you hope they don't retire his number??  How can you even call yourself a Laker fan??

do you really think Shaq would have won those rings without kobe on that team?
It's probable........definitely not out of the question.  You gotta remember though, during that timeframe the best out of the Western Conference was the Lakers and Spurs.  It was Shaq's job to stop Duncan and it' was Duncan's job to stop Shaq.  Those 2 were the main options for their teams.  Take Kobe out of the picture and as long as Shaq had a good 2nd scoring option I could see him winning without Kobe.  

and because i know your gonna try and turn it around again no i dont think kobe would have won them if Shaq wasent on that team
My man!!

kobe was the sidekick but shaq and kobe needed each other. same way how pip and jordan needed each other. 

I agree with you.  Also, I got no hate for Kobe, I just think certain Laker fans (not you in particular) try to downplay Shaq existence with the Lakers and make it seem as if Kobe was the main guy when they were together and that simply wasn't the case.  I mean you got a Laker fan in here that hopes the organization DOESN'T retire Shaq's number...........what kind of foolishness is that.

but dude has just gone too far, and is still to annoying. I hope we don't retire his number.

Shaq along with Kobe of course brought the Lakers back to being relevant again but yet instill you hope they don't retire his number??  How can you even call yourself a Laker fan??

do you really think Shaq would have won those rings without kobe on that team?
It's probable........definitely not out of the question.  You gotta remember though, during that timeframe the best out of the Western Conference was the Lakers and Spurs.  It was Shaq's job to stop Duncan and it' was Duncan's job to stop Shaq.  Those 2 were the main options for their teams.  Take Kobe out of the picture and as long as Shaq had a good 2nd scoring option I could see him winning without Kobe.  

and because i know your gonna try and turn it around again no i dont think kobe would have won them if Shaq wasent on that team
My man!!

kobe was the sidekick but shaq and kobe needed each other. same way how pip and jordan needed each other. 

I agree with you.  Also, I got no hate for Kobe, I just think certain Laker fans (not you in particular) try to downplay Shaq existence with the Lakers and make it seem as if Kobe was the main guy when they were together and that simply wasn't the case.  I mean you got a Laker fan in here that hopes the organization DOESN'T retire Shaq's number...........what kind of foolishness is that.

I agree with you.  Also, I got no hate for Kobe, I just think certain Laker fans (not you in particular) try to downplay Shaq existence with the Lakers and make it seem as if Kobe was the main guy when they were together and that simply wasn't the case. 
No, it is the other way around. People downplay Kobe's existence in the whole thing. Nobody downplays Shaq's existence. Nobody ever says, "Kobe didn't need Shaq." It is always the other way around.

Nobody says Kobe was the main guy. People simply speak up when Kobe is portrayed as some sort of replaceable role player.

I agree with you.  Also, I got no hate for Kobe, I just think certain Laker fans (not you in particular) try to downplay Shaq existence with the Lakers and make it seem as if Kobe was the main guy when they were together and that simply wasn't the case. 
No, it is the other way around. People downplay Kobe's existence in the whole thing. Nobody downplays Shaq's existence. Nobody ever says, "Kobe didn't need Shaq." It is always the other way around.

Nobody says Kobe was the main guy. People simply speak up when Kobe is portrayed as some sort of replaceable role player.

Listen I am a huge Laker fan and appreciate everything he did for the Lakers. His play and what he did for our team deserves far more than the retiring of his number and I know that. But... since then he has done every single thing he can to make it clear the he doesn't care about being remembered as a Laker. Obviously the most recent is him going to the Celtics (unforgivable) and something I will never forget. Shaq's first time coming back to LA we had a video tribute to his time as a Laker. After the game he said "I didnt watch and I dont care". Shaq cares about himself. I don't want any player that played for the Celtics by choice to ever have his jersey up in our building.

Listen I am a huge Laker fan and appreciate everything he did for the Lakers. His play and what he did for our team deserves far more than the retiring of his number and I know that. But... since then he has done every single thing he can to make it clear the he doesn't care about being remembered as a Laker. Obviously the most recent is him going to the Celtics (unforgivable) and something I will never forget. Shaq's first time coming back to LA we had a video tribute to his time as a Laker. After the game he said "I didnt watch and I dont care". Shaq cares about himself. I don't want any player that played for the Celtics by choice to ever have his jersey up in our building.

Originally Posted by thejrob

Come on champ, as a 49er fan that's like me saying Jerry Rice's number shouldn't be retired because he played for the Raiders.  It doesn't/shouldn't negate the greatness that he displayed while playing on the team prior hand.  As far as Shaq's comment after the Lakers put together a video tribute for him I just chalk that up to him still being upset at the time that he was ran out of town, especially in the manner that it occured.  It's like your ex-girlfriend reaching out to check up on you after she dumps you.....most likely you wouldn't want to talk to her.

Back
Top Bottom