Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

Wait, ESPN just reported that the Heat are seriously shopping Shaq, and they mentioned Marion as a serious consideration.

@!+.

Originally Posted by presequel

both teams would get screwed.

trading for marion would force mia to give him a long term max contract.

Not really...Such a deal would end up basically being the equivalent of trading Shaq for an expiring contract, because Marion would without a doubt opt outof his contract(he does have player opt for next season).

Jason Williams, Ricky Davis, and Shaq off the books = Heat under the cap 20 million(with Wade still on the books) + a lottery pick incomming...

I'll take that any day of the week. PHX would be ******ed to do so though...Shaq is simply not the player he was even 2 years ago. He's not going toput PHX over the top. The lift, mobilty, it's just not there....

^ beat me too it
Sportscenter just announced it.
Phoenix would suck so bad if they did that
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Shaq in a Suns uniform.

indifferent.gif
@ people for even thinking that D'Antoni would continue torun with Shaq in the lineup.

Although they prefer to run, it's not like they've never played a slowed down pace and ran a half court set (although I don't see them run manyplays, just get the ball to Nash and create)

Marion usually guards the opponents best player #1-4....well Diesel could guard the 5, Stat can hold his own against most 4's, Hill/Diaw can guard the 3,Raja the 2. What the Suns would really be losing out on is someone who can step in and guard opposing pg's on nights when Nash is getting owned on D.

Have yall thought about how much room Shaq would have to operate with the shooters on the Suns roster? How about Nash making the perfect entry pass where hecan't do anything but flush it? How much more deadly Stat will be if he's playing at the 4?

If I'm PHX, I make that trade ASAP

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Originally Posted by presequel

both teams would get screwed.

trading for marion would force mia to give him a long term max contract.

Not really...It basically the equivalent of trading Shaq for an expiring contract, because Marion would without a doubt opt out of his contract(he does have player opt for next season).

Jason Williams, Ricky Davis, and Shaq off the books = Heat under the cap 20 million + a lottery pick incomming...

I'll take that any day of the week.

Hmm, well I was under the assumption that if Miami traded for Marion, they would want to be assured that he would sign an extension/contract (like Bostonneeded from KG)

If not, then yes it would make perfect sense. Then they could go after a free agent of their choosing. It'll be interesting to see whether Riley wantsto keep Marion or not, that may be a holdup in the deal.

Also, PHX talks about not wanting to pay luxury tax. Acquiring Shaq will put them into that area....so this is not a for sure deal unless Kerr forcesownership to believe this will win them the Finals.

Phoenix are straight dumbasses if they do this. They need interior DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. Shaq is a lazy defender and all his injuries don't guaranteethat he'll be playing at all. Also, Marion is a better rebounder than Shaq today.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Phoenix are straight dumbasses if they do this. They need interior DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. Shaq is a lazy defender and all his injuries don't guarantee that he'll be playing at all. Also, Marion is a better rebounder than Shaq today.
He'll fit right in.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Phoenix are straight dumbasses if they do this. They need interior DEFENSE and REBOUNDING. Shaq is a lazy defender and all his injuries don't guarantee that he'll be playing at all. Also, Marion is a better rebounder than Shaq today.

at his age he's still a better defender than Amare....

Where is the sense in this for the suns? If Miami pulls this off it'll be an amazing deal.

DAMN, THIS LOOKS LIKE IT MAY ACTUALLY BE HAPPENING:

Rotoworld.com:
The Miami Heat have told Shaquille O'Neal and his representation that they should be prepared for him to be traded in the near future.
Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that Phoenix has discussed sending forward Shawn Marion and point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat in return for O'Neal. Shaq's representatives said they have been made aware that discussions with Phoenix are serious and ongoing, but that a deal was not definite. Marion can opt out of his contract worth $17.1 million at the end of the season. And if he opts out, the Heat would then have substantial salary cap space this offseason, when potential free agents include Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Marion, Antawn Jamison, Ron Artest and Corey Maggette. Stay tuned.

Miami Herald:
The Heat has told center Shaquille O'Neal's representation that it is talking about trading him and he should be prepared for the possibility of a deal, according to two officials close to the situation. Phoenix has discussed sending forward Shawn Marion and point guard Marcus Banks to the Heat in return for O'Neal.

Asked for confirmation, one of O'Neal's representatives said O'Neal has been made aware that discussions with Phoenix are serious and ongoing, but that a deal was not definite.

Dallas also has been mentioned as a potential destination, though the Heat had not immediately informed O'Neal of that possibility.

O'Neal, 35, was shocked by the turn of events, an associate said. O'Neal helped lead the Heat to the 2005-06 championship, but Miami has struggled since, losing in the first round of the playoffs last season and opening this season with a league-worst 9-37 record.

After this season, Marion can opt out of the last year of his contract worth $17.1 million. If Marion opts out, trading O'Neal would give the Heat substantial salary cap space this offseason, when potential free agents include Gilbert Arenas, Baron Davis, Elton Brand, Antawn Jamison, Ron Artest and Corey Maggette.

Marion, 29, is a four-time All-Star and considered one of the NBA's most athletic small forwards. Marion, 6-7, is averaging 15.8 points and 9.9 rebounds.

Banks, 26, is averaging 5.2 points and 1.0 assists. After this season, he has three years left on his contract worth a total of $13.4 million.

O'Neal, who has been out with a hip injury, has two years left on his contract after this season. He will be paid $20 million each of the next two seasons.

On Tuesday, coach Pat Riley said O'Neal was scheduled to have a magnetic resonance imaging exam on his ailing left hip, which has kept him out the past six games.

''We just want to back it up and see, after two weeks, what it shows,'' Riley said.

Riley gave no indication as to when O'Neal would return to the lineup. Riley said O'Neal must strengthen his legs before returning to action, and that the center will be one of six players to miss Wednesday's game at Detroit.

Heat officials were on their way to Detroit and could not be reached for comment.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

I just don't understand how this makes Phoenix better at this point... And aren't these the same guys complaining about cutting payroll? Shaq is owed20 mil for another two years...

If this goes through, it's a STEAL for Miami, IMO... You either get Shaq's contract off the books, or you're looking at Shawn Marion, Dwyane andsomeone like Michael Beasley or DeAndre Jordan next year...

Why would the Suns get rid of such an important piece to their team?? Marion is the best all-around player there! Hats off to the Heat if they get this tradethrough....

Shaq would spend all his time at halfcourt. going to offense and defense back and fouth

Shaq is washed up why would anybody want him to play on their team? He should just call it quits.

Why?
laugh.gif

wade and Marion + that draft pick would be nice next year though if it happens

If Miami pulls this off, it will be one of the biggest steals in the NBA history.
Taking Shaq's contract off the books for Matriix?!
Matrix, D-Wade, top 3 pick?
They'll be set

Marion Barber for Shaq would make more sense than this...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but for real...
smh.gif
at how my favorite player of all-timecareer is gonna come to an end
frown.gif
as a Phoenix Sun?
mad.gif
How ironic my fav player could possibly be traded to the team i hate themost
mad.gif
I cant stand the suns
laugh.gif
Hope it doesn't happen, and Shaq could just retire..this is painful tosee
tired.gif

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
To the greatest Center and most dominate player of All-Time!

Man if they Suns do this trade....... *insert SMH emoticon*

it would be great if riley did this. seeing shaq go would be tough, but it's necessary for our future, he's no where near to where he was two yearsago. the suns might do it if they feel pressured by the lakers with that gasol trade.

Matrix+Haslem+Wade+lottery pick = interesting.
yep, get rid of ricky & jwill after this year, pick up rose/beasley in the draft and go after someone this offseason would look good

What in the holy God....? I saw this headline on MSN and my heart dropped. If this goes through, I will be devastated.

The ONLY logical reason I can think of for making this move is to have "That Center" for the WCF. However, a washed up Shaq isn't exactly who Ihad in mind, god damnit.
mad.gif
smh.gif

You guys are saying "Well the Suns can just slow down the tempo and fit it to Shaq's standards..." How about when we DON'T have the ball? Weare gonna be playing teams like the Mavericks, Lakers, or even Warriors in the playoffs. They'd run all over us when Shaq was in the game.

This just doesn't make freakin' sense. I like our run and gun system. Why the hell would you take away a main piece of the squad, add an old man, ANDtake on his contract?! We GAVE away Kurt Thomas for some cap space... Only to use that on... Shaq...? What the !+%%, seriously.

Hopefully Trix puts up a fit and the trade doesn't go through...

Back
Top Bottom