Shaq trade offical like referree with a whistle (Planet Orange in SHOCK)

Originally Posted by bobby24K

^Why is that, Shaq doesn't even warrant a double team anymore, I think most everyone in the West would play him straight up and make him prove that he can score and be effective, because he hasn't at all this year, if anything I think it does nothing by stagnate the the Suns offense, Nash can't dish and kick and it would pretty much regulate Amare to a jumpshooter.

he does still shoot at 58% on FGs (not as high as Drew's 63%
pimp.gif
)...though i haven't seen much Heat games this year to see if he's still being double teamed.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Shaq on the suns would be a problem.
A problem for the Suns.

Zodogg actually rooting for a former Laker? Hmmmmm.

won't be the first time: AC Green, Kurt Rambis, Cedric Ceballos.

Anyway as a positive to the Suns.. Shaq can open up more 3pt oppurtunities for Bell, Nash, Barbosa, etc..

Gail Goodrich.
wink.gif

Well the games I've seen him play he hasn't been getting double teamed nearly as much as even last year. I mean it just doesn't seem to fitPHX's dynamic or philosophy, maybe Hitler Jr. (D'Antoni) has finally realized that his run-n-gun style doesn't work in the playoffs and is gonnachange. Otherwise this trade makes absolutely NO sense, but it's good for the Lakers, cause we can win the division now with Pau. Mitch done put everyonein the West on panic mode
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

^Why is that, Shaq doesn't even warrant a double team anymore, I think most everyone in the West would play him straight up and make him prove that he can score and be effective, because he hasn't at all this year, if anything I think it does nothing by stagnate the the Suns offense, Nash can't dish and kick and it would pretty much regulate Amare to a jumpshooter.

Shaq doesn't warrant a double?
While he's not "the diesel" anymore, it's still difficult for any player in this league to guard someone his size...

Most players in the west? Right, like players such as Andris Beidrens or Francisco Elsin can guard Shaq
indifferent.gif

Stop looking at the numbers and realize that neither Shaq nor Wade have had a good season in Miami because whenever you play the Heat all you have to do iscrowd the lanes..they don't have any shooters so all the defense does is collapse. I guarantee you this would not be the case if Shaq was in Phoenix.

If anything, Amare would be able to catch the high post, and take slower PF's to the basket. If the opposing center helps, dump off to Shaq for a dunk.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

Shaq on the suns would be a problem.
A problem for the Suns.

Zodogg actually rooting for a former Laker? Hmmmmm.

won't be the first time: AC Green, Kurt Rambis, Cedric Ceballos.

Anyway as a positive to the Suns.. Shaq can open up more 3pt oppurtunities for Bell, Nash, Barbosa, etc..
Gail Goodrich.
wink.gif

lol.. i forgot about him.. and i forgot Zo's that old to watch Gail play
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
(honestly though i'm older than zo
embarassed.gif
shh!)

I seen pieces of this on the bottom ticker, but I figured it was Jermaine O'Neal since I didn't see the complete little segment piece all the waythrough.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Shaq doesn't warrant a double?
While he's not "the diesel" anymore, it's still difficult for any player in this league to guard someone his size...

Most players in the west? Right, like players such as Andris Beidrens or Francisco Elsin can guard Shaq
indifferent.gif

Stop looking at the numbers and realize that neither Shaq nor Wade have had a good season in Miami because whenever you play the Heat all you have to do is crowd the lanes..they don't have any shooters so all the defense does is collapse. I guarantee you this would not be the case if Shaq was in Phoenix.

If anything, Amare would be able to catch the high post, and take slower PF's to the basket. If the opposing center helps, dump off to Shaq for a dunk.

Have you actually WATCHED the Heat play this season? I have. I'm not looking at the numbers, Shaq is a shell of his former self, he has nowhere nearthe lift and explosion that he had just last year, I bet teams wouldn't gear their D to stop Shaq, they'd guard the 3 pt line, contain Nash, and makeShaq prove that he can produce, cause he's about 2 steps slower than in the Heat's championship season.
Oh and what about on the defensive end? Themismatches that most of the Western teams (Denver, GS, LA, Utah, and maybe NO) on the other end will I believe have a negative effect as well, the versatilityof the PF position has always been a problem for Amare, so you think putting him in mismatches against Boozer, West, whoever the Warriors have at PF, or Gasolwhen Bynum comes back will help PHX, I just think it will get him in foul trouble quicker than he already gets in.

Who will PHX have that is willing to do all the dirty work and hustle plays that the Matrix brings? I think you guys are underestimating his value. This wouldbe a great trade for Miami though.

Have you actually WATCHED the Heat play this season? I have. I'm not looking at the numbers, Shaq is a shell of his former self, he has nowhere near the lift and explosion that he had just last year, I bet teams wouldn't gear their D to stop Shaq, they'd guard the 3 pt line, contain Nash, and make Shaq prove that he can produce, cause he's about 2 steps slower than in the Heat's championship season.
No one is saying that he is the MVP Shaq, or even the championship Heat Shaq...so it's pretty obvious that he's lost a step.
However, I don't know if it was you who said it but to say that most centers in the NBA can still guard him straight up is just
indifferent.gif

This is the NBA, it's hard to guard Boris Diaw straight up, almost every can score...

Even if Shaq was traded to the Heat, it would be idiotic of a coach to gear a defense around stopping him...
There's also no way in hell you're going to "contain Nash" and Amare wouldn't fall in love with the jumper.

I bet you that there's probably 0 head coaches in the NBA who have a strategy going into a game to "guard the 3pt line"...in fact, they'dprobably let a team take those shots all game long.
If you lose to a team that shoots 3's all day then just tip your hat and keep it moving....the law of probability says that you have a better chance whenGIVING UP such a low percentage shot

Oh and what about on the defensive end? The mismatches that most of the Western teams (Denver, GS, LA, Utah, and maybe NO) on the other end will I believe have a negative effect as well, the versatility of the PF position has always been a problem for Amare, so you think putting him in mismatches against Boozer, West, whoever the Warriors have at PF, or Gasol when Bynum comes back will help PHX, I just think it will get him in foul trouble quicker than he already gets in.
So you think he has more of an advantage at center?

I can't believe Phoenix is even considering this!! Are they stupid!!?? They would have to revamp their whole game plan cause they would be no where near asfast with Shaq in their line up. By the time shaq makes it to half court the suns would have scored TWICE! I'm NOT A Sun's or Heat fan at all but thiswould be stupid and would make no sense at all especially for the Sun's.

Anyone else think the Sun's are a bit shaken up by the Gasol move to L.A.?

Do it KERR!
laugh.gif

lmao @ the thought of this actually happening.

Shaq in a Suns jersey
roll.gif

the Suns could do MUCH better for Marion.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Have you actually WATCHED the Heat play this season? I have. I'm not looking at the numbers, Shaq is a shell of his former self, he has nowhere near the lift and explosion that he had just last year, I bet teams wouldn't gear their D to stop Shaq, they'd guard the 3 pt line, contain Nash, and make Shaq prove that he can produce, cause he's about 2 steps slower than in the Heat's championship season.
No one is saying that he is the MVP Shaq, or even the championship Heat Shaq...so it's pretty obvious that he's lost a step.
However, I don't know if it was you who said it but to say that most centers in the NBA can still guard him straight up is just
indifferent.gif

This is the NBA, it's hard to guard Boris Diaw straight up, almost every can score...

Even if Shaq was traded to the Heat, it would be idiotic of a coach to gear a defense around stopping him...
There's also no way in hell you're going to "contain Nash" and Amare wouldn't fall in love with the jumper.

I bet you that there's probably 0 head coaches in the NBA who have a strategy going into a game to "guard the 3pt line"...in fact, they'd probably let a team take those shots all game long.
If you lose to a team that shoots 3's all day then just tip your hat and keep it moving....the law of probability says that you have a better chance when GIVING UP such a low percentage shot

Oh and what about on the defensive end? The mismatches that most of the Western teams (Denver, GS, LA, Utah, and maybe NO) on the other end will I believe have a negative effect as well, the versatility of the PF position has always been a problem for Amare, so you think putting him in mismatches against Boozer, West, whoever the Warriors have at PF, or Gasol when Bynum comes back will help PHX, I just think it will get him in foul trouble quicker than he already gets in.
So you think he has more of an advantage at center?

No, Amare's equally bad on the defensive end with whoever he guards. I think there are less good C's in the West than PF's though, I mean afterDuncan and Bynum who truly are centers, Amare would have to guard the likes of Dirk, Pau, D. West, Boozer, etc) and Shaq isn't exactly a beast on thedefensive end anymore either. I am just saying it's a lot easier to gear your defense when you don't have versatility and 3 pt threat at almost everyposition as the Suns do now.

And how many times have you seen PHX dominate anyone inside? Answer me that.

They would have to revamp their whole game plan cause they would be no where near as fast with Shaq in their line up
Who doesn't think that they would be running more half court sets? Perhaps they realize that the up tempo style is not going to win playoffgames....

I think it adds a toughness that they don't currently have outside of Skinner.

Also while Marion is a beast in the regular season, what exactly does he give you in the playoffs? He was pretty much abused last year by Lamar Odom, and Zocan correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't Ginobili pretty much own him in the WCF last year?

I like the guy, but he's disappeared too often when it's time to step up and earn that paycheck.

Lemme tell you, this thing REALLY seems to be having some legs...the bees are buzzing down here in Miami right now. A beat writer was being interviewed on aradio station down here, and you could hear his call waiting running off the hook in the background.

We could very well see this deal happen...and soon!
eek.gif

And how many times have you seen PHX dominate anyone inside? Answer me that.
Only saw the highlights....

Phoenix 125, Atlanta 92
Preview - Box Score - Recap
January 30, 2008

Tuesday night, Stoudemire was in the Suns' lineup, scored 22 of his 24 points in the first half and Phoenix rolled to a 125-92 victory over the Hawks.
" "He was awesome," Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said. "(Recently) he's been able to be aggressive without fouling."ne of his typical performances,"
Steve Nash said. "He got everything around the basket and dominated."

ESPN Radio is calling it official now right here at about 11pm

Ric Beucher has already said Shaq will be on a flight to PHX in the morning for a physical and some other people are claiming Shaq has already called Amare andtalked to him

^ i hope they ship smuch too!!!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

But this trade is terrible for phoenix...
#1 They did this to combat the Lakers Gasol trade...But yet they forget, we dont have Bynum back yet....Bynum and Gasol > Stat and Old Shaq
#2, Shaq has 2 or 3 years left, Steve Nash does too....they better win in the next 2 or 3 years....cuz teh Lakers team will be together 5+ years
#3, Grant Hill didnt fit with this system....so what makes them think Shaq will?

and if Riley was gonna trade Shaq, send him back to LA for Odom!!!!
pimp.gif

i hope this goes through. ShAQ has not declined he has plummeted. watch tape of his first year in Miami. i remember he was a beast all blocks and alley oopdunks.

Back
Top Bottom