Should I Let My GF Drive My Car?

Let GF borrow my car?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
My gf of two years wanted to borrow my car so she and her friend could go shopping for groceries at Costco. I told her it was a firm no and she got pretty mad at me but I just gave her the #kanyeshrug. I usually have no problem with her driving my car some short distances or if I'm in the car with her, but the idea of her just taking my car with her homie just didn't sit right. Here are a few things that made me say NO

• I've had a couple tickets pretty recently and I can't afford to have another one
  • The car is pretty damn new, under 7k miles on her
  • She didn't really even ask for the car, like she was entitled to drive my car whenever she wanted

Now, I used to be very strict and rarely let her drive my baby but as of late I've been letting her drive it more often when she needs to pick me up or run some quick errands or when I'm too lazy to drive.

I started feeling a little bad, though, and now I'm considering changing my mind. Here's a list of why...

• Her car is in the shop from an accident which wasn't her fault
  • She lets me drive her car all the time, though it's a bucket on wheels
  • she's not the worst driver in the world
  • I probably won't be having sex for a few days

My head says no but my heart and penis say yes....

Help me out, family.

EDIT: Poll added

Last edited:
You let her drive it already from time to time, she drives your car to pick you up when you're lazy, she has a car but its down since someone else hit hers and she wants to borrow it to pick up food from Costco that you'll likely eat....and you said no!?

:lol: You're a jackass and you know it.

I dont eem let people borrow a video game because i think they will destroy it :lol:

I am super careful with my stuff, and i feel like other people arent :lol:

Just the way i am, so with something as big as a car i wouldn't let anyone touch it. Thats just me though. Do ya thang papi

Last edited:
You let her drive it already from time to time, she drives your car to pick you up when you're lazy, she has a car but its down since someone else hit hers and she wants to borrow it to pick up food from Costco that you'll likely eat....and you said no!?

laugh.gif
You're a jackass and you know it.

if she gets a ticket its under her name not yours.. pics of the girl

Yeah but my premium will go up and it's hella high already

Pics will come but I'm watching Dexter rn

That is not how it works. If she gets a ticket it has no effect on your insurance premium. If she were to hit something, that is a different story. You have been with her for two years, man - let her borrow your car.

Seriously OP, you should've just let her borrow your car to make the quick run to Costco. It wasn't even that serious. Now what you might have done is opened a can of worms and soon you guys might be having a LONG "talk" about the trust within your relationship.

Last edited:
Two years steady and you don't want to let her drive your car? Everyone saying "no" in this thread probably didn't read your entire post. You already let her drive your car to pick YOU up or when you're lazy and then you tell her no when she needs to use it? That's seems really selfish. If she respects yours and other people's property I don't see why you should hold out on her.

How old are you OP?

Last edited:
co sign with hybrid and john.. just wait til she ask you again, you say no.. then she gonna call another dude and barrow his car.. :lol: ... or she pulls up in someone elses car

The most important question hasnt been asked. What kind of BMW do you drive OP?

Back
Top Bottom