Should I make a purchase? 2011 BMW 328i xDrive Sedan

those first gen lexus IS are RWD dipset an also the gas mileage on a good day will be 20mpg on premium

Hope its cool if I post this here if not I'll make another thread but I just found a 06 honda accord lx 640000 miles with a salvage title. What y'all think? Should I grab it for 8K?

Hope its cool if I post this here if not I'll make another thread but I just found a 06 honda accord lx 640000 miles with a salvage title. What y'all think? Should I grab it for 8K?

No because in most states salvage titled cars can't be registered until everything on them is fixed and they pass safety inspection.

For 8k you can get something with a little bit more miles that isn't salvage. I got a 01 Lincoln Continental back in college for that price had 70k on the odometer. Pretty good car, gas mileage just sucked.

Last edited:
No because in most states salvage titled cars can't be registered until everything on them is fixed and they pass safety inspection.

For 8k you can get something with a little bit more miles that isn't salvage. I got a 01 Lincoln Continental back in college for that price had 70k on the odometer. Pretty good car, gas mileage just sucked.
Thanks for the input!

Since we doing just general car advice :nerd:

Thinking about a 2003 Lexus GS300 with 123k listed at $9k (gonna offer 8 ) or a 2004 Infiniti G35x with 106k for $8k (gonna offer 7)

My question is, can anyone make a good argument between one or the other? I'm thinking the Lexus will retain its value better, but the G35x has less miles (although its a base model :x )

Last edited:
Since we doing just general car advice
nerd.gif

Thinking about a 2003 Lexus GS300 with 123k listed at $9k (gonna offer 8 ) or a 2004 Infiniti G35x with 106k for $8k (gonna offer 7)

My question is, can anyone make a good argument between one or the other? I'm thinking the Lexus will retain its value better, but the G35x has less miles (although its a base model
sick.gif
)
2003 Lexus GS300 with 123K is kind of pricy at $9k....

2004 Infinity G35 with 106k miles for $8k is kind of pricey too... both are worth around $6k whole sale (if that).

Lexus' hold their value more and Toyota engines >

I'd go with the Lexus but for $5-$6k only. Granted it's pretty low mileage for the year model but if you're gonna spend around $9k or $8k you might as well get a new car with an extra $5k with a warranty on it.

Food for though coming from a Mercedes Benz leasing/sales consultant

Since we doing just general car advice
nerd.gif

My question is, can anyone make a good argument between one or the other? I'm thinking the Lexus will retain its value better, but the G35x has less miles (although its a base model
sick.gif
)
GS 
pimp.gif

My GS does perfectly fine in the snow, we're in the same state I know how the conditions get here. I have all season and they work perfectly fine for the winter, maybe it's cause I've driven the car so long and just used to how it drives.

If you're not against it, I'd try Craigslist if you're looking for some.. I looked a bit ago and seen some a year or two older with the same or less miles going for 5-6k like this one for example.

Last edited:

Try this experiment one day bro: take ur daily driver out to the city and try to stunt...u will most likely go unnoticed

then try to rent/barrow a M3 and take it to town... the chicks will come flocking, they will break their necks trying to see whos in that luxury car

Try this experiment one day bro: take ur daily driver out to the city and try to stunt...u will most likely go unnoticed

then try to rent/barrow a M3 and take it to town... the chicks will come flocking, they will break their necks trying to see whos in that luxury car
if im in the city (DC) im either riding the the bus or metro
ohwell.gif

I'd go with the Lexus but for $5-$6k only. Granted it's pretty low mileage for the year model but if you're gonna spend around $9k or $8k you might as well get a new car with an extra $5k with a warranty on it.

Appreciate the advice. The GS300 is loaded and has a clean Carfax, so I think that's why the dealer is trying to tax it so hard. Im gonna walk in with $7k and see how it goes.

I was thinking about buying a new car. I actually really want to go that route. But I'm on a 1 year assignment and I'm not 100% if I want to stay with the company, so I decided to go used instead. I'd also like the option to perform my own work...It'll save me a bunch on insurance as well.

I actually wanted to lease the CLA :lol: holla at me if you got them deals tho. :nerd:

carver carver

Can't do Craigslist man, I gotta have some kind of warranty, even if its only the Lemon law. :lol:

I'm gonna go to the dealer with 7 and see if I can make that work. And I'm not too concerned about the weather...I've driven all kinds of vehicles in all kinds of conditions here in MN, so I'm sure I'll be able to maintain.

I didn't even notice you were in MN :lol: you a NUPE too, right? If so we probably chilled and didn't even know it. :lol:

Appreciate the advice. The GS300 is loaded and has a clean Carfax, so I think that's why the dealer is trying to tax it so hard. Im gonna walk in with $7k and see how it goes.

I was thinking about buying a new car. I actually really want to go that route. But I'm on a 1 year assignment and I'm not 100% if I want to stay with the company, so I decided to go used instead. I'd also like the option to perform my own work...It'll save me a bunch on insurance as well.

I actually wanted to lease the CLA :lol: holla at me if you got them deals tho. :nerd:

carver carver

Can't do Craigslist man, I gotta have some kind of warranty, even if its only the Lemon law. :lol:

I'm gonna go to the dealer with 7 and see if I can make that work. And I'm not too concerned about the weather...I've driven all kinds of vehicles in all kinds of conditions here in MN, so I'm sure I'll be able to maintain.

I didn't even notice you were in MN :lol: you a NUPE too, right? If so we probably chilled and didn't even know it. :lol:
:lol: understandable.

It was a suggestion, some people like them warranties and I ain't eem mad at that. I was not a NUPE either :lol: I didn't even finish college fam :smh: dropout. I thought about going back for CS, where did you graduate?

:lol: understandable.

It was a suggestion, some people like them warranties and I ain't eem mad at that. I was not a NUPE either :lol: I didn't even finish college fam :smh: dropout. I thought about going back for CS, where did you graduate?
Damn, thought I saw you post in the thread that popped up.

CS is where its at though. :pimp: I went to St. Thomas...I don't necessarily recommend it. Holla if you want more info, I graduated May 2013 so at 22 I'm far from an expert, but I've been involved with computers for a long time and might be able to help out.

Thanks once again for the advice, everyone. Gonna hit the dealer in a few and see what I can finesse.

To each his own but I don't understand the concept of buying a car with 120k miles unless you're desperate for transportation and you're copping a beater.

But 8k for something that's on its way out the door? I don't understand

I am desperate for transportation and I'm copping for a beater for the use of a year-year half so I can save and buy something much better.

To each his own but I don't understand the concept of buying a car with 120k miles unless you're desperate for transportation and you're copping a beater.

Its a lexus though. It can easily go over 200,000miles

Bought my first whip at 18, 2003 Buick Lesabre back w/ 120k miles. 8 years and 230,000+ miles later, still ridin smoothly. Just kept up the engine/trans changes.

Only drastic repairs were my transmission rebuild (I know a transmission ship owner so it ain't run me what it should have), and replacing suspension parts, but I only blame the ******/suspension due to me rollin 22's on it w/ extremely low pro tires. I have people stoppin me all the time tryna cop it for damn near what I paid for it.

Only suggestion to anyone who goes this route is to buy a car you really WANT and wouldn't mind paying repairs on.

Its a lexus though. It can easily go over 200,000miles

Depending on how it was maintained.

The other thing to remember though is that once a car hits about 90K, the amount of routine maintenance needed and all that stuff starts going up. Timing belts need to be replaced, all kinds of stuff.

The thing is if you're ballin' on a budget, repairs and maintenance on a luxury car will kill you.

There are two competing schools of thought - one is that in a really well built car (Lexus, Acura...) you might be able to get away with just changing the oil on time and rolling the dice with a lot of the more substantial maintenance. On the other hand, you might want something newer, with less regular work to be done, and parts that haven't experienced as much wear.

I drive a Lexus now. But, I'm NT old.

When I was younger, I was all ready to stunt in a fly whip. Even stacked dough to my something nice off the used lot. But, when I saw insurance and maintenance prices, I got knocked off my pedestal. I took the sensible advice of just buying something low key, reliable, with a hint of flash. I was much better off for doing so.

Just because you can afford to BUY something, doesn't mean you can afford to OWN it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom