Sick of the entire SOUTH getting excluded from sought after releases

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know dominicans from nyc right now that moved to atl and still working so stawwwpppp it
I went to high school with those same Dominicans and they aren't in Vine City, Candler Rd, West End, zone 1 - zone 6. They are in Tucker or Gwinnett because they know what time it is when they step foot in those hoods trust me. I'm born and raised here; they've tried and failed.

OP i also hated this when I was like 16

now idgaf about shoes like that...i buy something every now and then to keep a cool rotation and just save up for the resell price if its something i really want

i too wanted a shot at some of the off whites but Nike thinks we all hicks...meanwhile Atlanta setting most of the urban fashion trends this decade...the South is why y'all wearing skinny jeans to begin with...whether you want to attribute it to Pharrell...or Wayne (who definitely made hood *****s tighten their clothes up regardless of what Pharrell was doing)...

This just ain't true man :lol:.

I moved to ATL in early 07....***** in the south dressed like Soulja Boy w/ Girbauds and baggy jeans and XXXXL shirts. Young Joc "dope boy magic hoodies", FILAS, reeboks etc. They thought I was a goth when I showed up :lol:.

Meanwhile in Baltimore/DMV....we was on slim/boot cut trues, 757, 7 Jeans, Rock & Republic, Antiks etc etc. And to keep it a buck....DC ***** was rocking slim jeans in like 05....with big ***** solbiato hoofies :lol:.

The south caught on a year or two later to the slim and "rockstar"/ American Eagle/Hollister/ etc swag....and ran wih it. This is the difference

When the south got hip, they looked like this:

IMG_9585.JPG

"Been Been":

IMG_9586.JPG

Wayne got his flavor from dipset. 2 Chainz made True Realigion in 2011 when it had seen its best days already. And Technically....Baltimore is THE south....and we set ALOT of the trends y'all luv today hip hop fashion wise. From air forces to foamposites, to Nike boots. But that's here nor there :nerd:.

Last edited:

I moved to ATL in early 07....***** in the south dressed like Soulja Boy w/ Girbauds and baggy jeans and XXXXL shirts. Young Joc "dope boy magic hoodies", FILAS, reeboks etc. They thought I was a goth when I showed up :lol:.

Meanwhile in Baltimore/DMV....we was on slim/boot cut trues, 757, 7 Jeans, Rock & Republic, Antiks etc etc. And to keep it a buck....DC ***** was rocking slim jeans in like 05....with big ***** solbiato hoofies :lol:.

The south caught on a year or two later to the slim and "rockstar"/ American Eagle/Hollister/ etc swag....and ran wih it. This is the difference

IMG_9585.JPG

"Been Been":

IMG_9586.JPG

Wayne got his flavor from dipset. 2 Chainz made True Realigion in 2011 when it had seen its best days already. And Technically....Baltimore is THE south....and we set ALL the trends y'all luv today hip hop fashion wise. From air forces to foamposites, to Nike boots. But that's here nor there :nerd:.

When i lived in VA and NC back in that same period they dressed pretty much how you said. Seeing dudes from the hood in aeropostle was the weirdest **** to me. They all thought im from nyc too :lol:

Cosign wayne gettin his style from the dips. I remember Stacks (rip) and Max were on trueys way back when.

IMG_9585.JPG

"Been Been":

IMG_9586.JPG

Wayne got his flavor from dipset. 2 Chainz made True Realigion in 2011 when it had seen its best days already. And Technically....Baltimore is THE south....and we set ALOT of the trends y'all luv today hip hop fashion wise. From air forces to foamposites, to Nike boots. But that's here nor there :nerd:.

You're right that Wayne got that rockstar sauce from Dipset but all I know is literally over a summer Wayne had all the hood dudes at my school switch from dressing like Gucci or whoever to wearing red skinnys and pants chains and ****.

And then to top it off jerking hit right after that lol.

Yall better put some respect on the Muddy South. Dude said none of the other regions picked up on southern trends? Kneegrow whattttt?
So the south didn't have people rocking white tees like it was designer?
The south didn't have people wanting candy painted whips with big rims?
The south didn't have everybody sipping on that purple drank?
The south didn't have everybody rocking grills in their mouth?
The south didn't have every chick in the world wanting to get that cornbread fed thickness below the belt?
The south didn't have people not labeled "Lo Lifes" rocking the RL pony from head to toe like some preps?

Also smh at the Krit is overrated b.s. You must be one of those old heads that feel like nothing past his generation can be labeled greatness.
:smh::smh::smh::smh:

Bruh... first off, I’m originally from Louisiana. So when I say the south didn’t start any national FASHION trends with regard to Hip Hop, I know what I’m talking about. You were close on the white t-shirts, but Mexicans out here in California BEEN on that a long time ago.

5d5e1bcd4b64200f18001ac1f04416c2--gangster-gangster-gangster-quotes.jpg

The West Coast look is work wear inspired from factory jobs and prison yards. Moving on...

Big Krit was cool on Return of 4Eva and Krit Wuz Here, but after that he lost it to me. I even bought that garbage debut weed plate he put out on Def Jam after those two mixtapes. After that, I was done. I checked for him a few more times, but he fell off and Bruh was correct in saying he just took 90s era Suave House, Rap-A-Lot, Organized Noize and UGK sounds and ran with it.

You’re not gonna agree with me, but respect the fact that I know southern hip hop VERY well and could probably tell you things you don’t know.

Drank was actually around before the South blew it up, but I do give SUC and Michael 5000 Watts (Swishahouse) credit for making the screw sound and then people like ASAP Rocky, Drake and Kendrick Lamar running with it for a minute.

Candy Paint has been on lowriders. The south actually bit the West Coast car culture a little with the slabs. But the OG parts like elbows and belts with buckles is definitely a Texas (Houston) thing.

Forgot to add that the south had everybody rocking iced out chains while screaming bling bling
We also made the skrip club the go to spot for any and every thang.
*drops mic and cranks that Superman out the thread*

NY dudes been doing the outrageous jewelry and gold teeth. Slick Rick ring any bells? He was slugged up and icy af. My dude had a diamond eye patch at one point. Go listen to the Great Adventures of Slick Rick.

1411302175_AItFqOb.png

tumblr_mkokuzxeh01qzbwkjo1_12801.jpg

0d012c529b85966704821973c01a8a0f.jpg

Where do you think the line “Great Scott, are you a thief? It seems like you have a mouth full of gold teeth” came from? Rick the Ruler said it waaaay before Ceelo did.

I’m not hating. I’m stating FAX B.

Last edited:
You're right that Wayne got that rockstar sauce from Dipset but all I know is literally over a summer Wayne had all the hood dudes at my school switch from dressing like Gucci or whoever to wearing red skinnys and pants chains and ****.

And then to top it off jerking hit right after that lol.

You could thank Harlem and Washington heights ****** for that. Nyc set the trends ya still follow. Kanye whole style that’s popular now is a rip off of soho boys and Harlem dudes.

guccjermaine2 guccjermaine2 I hope you don't expect someone to take your open invitation to Candler Rd. just like nobody took HBW's open invitation to 3rd and Catalina or Ninja's open invitation to 183rd and St. Nick

guccjermaine2 guccjermaine2 I hope you don't expect someone to take your open invitation to Candler Rd. just like nobody took HBW's open invitation to 3rd and Catalina or Ninja's open invitation to 183rd and St. Nick
I offered a solution to this threads false accusations of my hometown. They can take or leave my invitation, I honestly don't give a damb. I'll still be koolin in East Atlanta regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom