SideHustles For 2010 ?

I first got the idea about ATMs from watching 20/20 about this guy who was wrongly convicted of a crime he didn't commit. He did 20 years, and with hissettlement from the state decided to place ATMs all over Hawaii, becoming very successful. Here's the story if anyone is interested. He passed away shortyafter the story aired.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=5987657&page=1

Originally Posted by 11wordisbond

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

FrankMatthews: If you want to see the most profit, you have to load the ATM yourself. All it takes is a few seconds to load the ATM. Quick in and out. You have to load it when there is less customer flow and at different times of the day. Don't have a routine set for the same time of the day. Also, bring a family member or friend along and have them scope them place out for your safety. Those armored trucks are loading at least 5 different cartridges, which usually take a while to load. A typical ATM has no more than 1 or 2. You're done in a matter of seconds.

RLPolo45: Here is an example. You average 300 transactions per month with one ATM. Your surcharge is $2.00 per transaction. That is $600.00 per month and $7,200.00 a year. All for less than half hour of work every 2-3 days.
What about the $.75-$1.00 kickback to the business owner? Are you able to bypass that fee with any of your ATMs?

The two ATMs I have up and running are both at my businesses. The others I'm getting locations for, I'll probably have to give kickbacks to the owners.I might just raise the surcharge to cover the costs. All are excellent locations by the way so it shouldn't be a problem. Good thing is that I can avoidoverhead costs, such as: a dedicated phone line and the electricity. The owners can pay for that.

I'm down for this ATM talk.

I have a business i can perfectly put it at. My question Lilchico is when I cop an ATM machine, is there any banks that you have to associate with?

Also I know a lot of peeps at bank of america, think they might be able to slang me one from the old shed?

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

I have a business i can perfectly put it at. My question Lilchico is when I cop an ATM machine, is there any banks that you have to associate with?

Also I know a lot of peeps at bank of america, think they might be able to slang me one from the old shed?

Keepin this alive, I have the same questions.

I got a few barber shops around my way...i could post atms around. Sounds like a good idea to me.

Originally Posted by diew its james

Originally Posted by da boy boyy

Originally Posted by Swagger2Much4You

surveysavy.com is a legit survey company for sure just peeped it

so u just answer the survey? how much can u make from doin it
need some feedback on this site as well
me too, any info/personal experience?

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

Here is a website I found (I've never used it before) that'll have answers to your questions regarding the ATM business: http://www.atmdepot.com/index.aspx. Go on it and click the "How It Works" tab and go from there.

Do you just know the tellers or people higher up? I go to 3 branches of my bank and I know all the branch managers very well, but they have people higher up toanswer to. I highly doubt they'll "slang you one from the old shed." Their ATMs are programmed to work only on their networks, as far as I know.They're probably more costly too.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

as for me, modems
devil.gif
. Been doin this for a while and I'ma keep at it, already made mad guap
pimp.gif

Do tell...

Keep this alive forever.

I will peep the site and give some more ideas.

Survey poster answer the questions please

flippin older audis that need a lil work

A LOT of people have love for the b5 and it is easy to tune. you can always find em on craigslist in the 100k range for the low that need some repairs. DIY

Bump.

That ATM thing seems interesting but I dunno.
ohwell.gif

Any good ones that you can just do from the computer? None of that multi level marketing mess

Focus groups..

I do them all the time and they are a nice side chunk of change.

Edit: I got the ATM idea last week speaking to a customer who sells/rents them. Might look into it more now.

What about like a word processing type thing?

I've looked around, but it's hard trying to weed out the good ones from the scams.

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

bodog. If you know sports more than average, which is the case for almost all...... then your good.
I was putting in some of the dumbest bets ever
laugh.gif
thinking i was some sort of sports genius on that site
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Wow, this thread died.

Finally got the 10 ATMs up and running. It's coming along very well. Now onto the next hustle: Quarter/Coin Pushers. Purchased one couple months ago for trial at my main location and it's doing better than I expected. Profit generated paid for the machine itself in the first month.

Here is what I'm talking about.

qrekpu.gif

1zd11zp.jpg

laugh.gif
at those coin pushers. I've never seen anybody win in those.

But me and another NTer are doing ticket reselling together next yr, I wanted him initially to just go in half on me on the package, then we'd draft our tickets to pick the games and he could do whatever with his and I'd do whatever with mine, because since I'm local I'd probably go to some of the games but he convinced me we should just sell every game. Thunder are a hot ticket so it's easy money plus the TicketExchange and to a lesser extent 3rd party sites like Stubhub and RazorGator really do all the "work" for you except for just dropping the tickets off at a FedEx.

I talked to a ticket broker on eBay and he told me 3 other NBA teams whos ticket packages make him big profit are Atlanta, Denver, and Cleveland but he said they don't allow out of state holders so you have to be "crafty." I should have asked him more about that, said ATL is adding a new 20$ center court upper level front row. But he said most of the current owners will probably move to it and thus open up the other cheapies.

i know this might not be a side hustle idea per se, but if you join the military, put in just 20 years, you can retire with a nice pension (i think its 50%-75% of your salary).
say you join up at 19 years of age, they cover all your housing/food/health insurance so you're pretty much stacking your paycheck, and you can get all your schooling paid for. then you retire at 39 (hella young) and you get yourself a nice paying career on top of the pension. you're stackin 2 paychecks now. now lets say you do retire from that job at 60 or whatever. i know someone who draws +120k/yr this year. not a bad way to live, imo.

Finally got the 10 ATMs up and running. It's coming along very well
I don't think I'll never do ATMs, but can you please share more specifics on how that's coming along?

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Finally got the 10 ATMs up and running. It's coming along very well
I don't think I'll never do ATMs, but can you please share more specifics on how that's coming along?

What would you like to know? If you look a few pages back, I've answered several questions pertaining to ATMs  

Back
Top Bottom