Ska its been going on long enough...time to lock....

Tyronn Lue is going to sign with the Suns.

Clippers are going to pursue Josh Smith.

Brent Barry to sign with Houston.

Suns looking @ Darius Miles and Devin Brown to fill in gaps.

Gordan Giricek likely to head to Europe to earn more $$$.

All courtesy of RealGM.com

^
smh.gif
If I were Josh Smith, I'd stay with the Hawks or go to a better team than Clippers. A team in the East.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Dunleavy and Mobley are sad...

``The bottom line for me is I'm hurt by it as well as our team. Our players feel the same way,'' Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said of Brand's departure Wednesday evening. ``We felt like Elton was a great player and with the lineup we had, with getting Baron Davis we feel like that really would have put us in the hunt as far as the playoffs and going deep into the playoffs. I don't know why he made the decision.

``I loved the guy. I don't know what poisoned him against us, but up until the last text message I had from him, I did everything he asked me to do, period. I'm shocked by it because of how much I loved the guy as a player and how close I thought we were.''

Shooting guard Cuttino Mobley, now the longest-tenured Clipper after the defections of Brand and Maggette, said he was incredibly disappointed, but hopeful the club could still make noise in the Western Conference.

``It's tough, because everything was right there for us, assuming the components (Brand and Baron Davis), and then something happened. I don't even know what happened,'' Mobley said Wednesday morning on his way into the team's training facility. ``You never really know. It's all speculation. But we just have to work on what we still have here, you know.

``We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think.''

Still, Mobley seemed downcast less than 24 hours after learning that the two cornerstones of the franchise had bolted without compensation via free agency. Maggette's departure was somewhat expected, but Brand's came as a shock to the organization, which thought it had a verbal agreement with Brand on a five-year, $70 million contract offer last week, according to Dunleavy.

Instead, Brand listened to offers from other teams, then wanted the Clippers to raise their offer, which they did, first to $75 million, then to $81 million.

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is on the stickiest of the icky for that one.

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Dunleavy and Mobley are sad...

``The bottom line for me is I'm hurt by it as well as our team. Our players feel the same way,'' Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said of Brand's departure Wednesday evening. ``We felt like Elton was a great player and with the lineup we had, with getting Baron Davis we feel like that really would have put us in the hunt as far as the playoffs and going deep into the playoffs. I don't know why he made the decision.

``I loved the guy. I don't know what poisoned him against us, but up until the last text message I had from him, I did everything he asked me to do, period. I'm shocked by it because of how much I loved the guy as a player and how close I thought we were.''

Shooting guard Cuttino Mobley, now the longest-tenured Clipper after the defections of Brand and Maggette, said he was incredibly disappointed, but hopeful the club could still make noise in the Western Conference.

``It's tough, because everything was right there for us, assuming the components (Brand and Baron Davis), and then something happened. I don't even know what happened,'' Mobley said Wednesday morning on his way into the team's training facility. ``You never really know. It's all speculation. But we just have to work on what we still have here, you know.

``We got Baron Davis (who is expected to finalize his agreement in the next day or two), myself, Al Thornton, Chris Kaman. That's super close to the Finals, that's what I think.''

Still, Mobley seemed downcast less than 24 hours after learning that the two cornerstones of the franchise had bolted without compensation via free agency. Maggette's departure was somewhat expected, but Brand's came as a shock to the organization, which thought it had a verbal agreement with Brand on a five-year, $70 million contract offer last week, according to Dunleavy.

Instead, Brand listened to offers from other teams, then wanted the Clippers to raise their offer, which they did, first to $75 million, then to $81 million.

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude is on the stickiest of the icky for that one.

roll.gif
roll.gif
word

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Np86123

Davis To Stick With Clippers Despite Brand's Decision
Jul 09, 2008 10:37 PM EST

Davis_Baron_gsw.jpg
Guard Baron Davis will honor his agreement with the Los Angeles Clippers despite Elton Brand signing with Philadelphia, according to a report by USA Today.

Davis last week agreed to a five-year, $65 million contract with the Clippers after opting out of his deal with Golden State, which had a year remaining at close to $18 million.

Davis had hoped to team with Brand to create a formidable duo, but Brand saw his future elsewhere, signing a five year deal with the Sixers on Wednesday.

Davis' agent Todd Ramasar says the Clippers will hold a news conference Thursday and he will not comment further until then.

Nah.

Ain't nobody else going to offer him $65M over 5 years, that's why.
laugh.gif

So True

lakers need to pull a sign and trade for Smooth

Lamar and walton for Smooth

Fish-Farmar
Kobe-Sasha
Smooth-Ariza
Gasol - Turiaf?
Bynum - Mihm?

Originally Posted by thecomebacklegend

Originally Posted by tupac003

The Bucks are making a serious commitment to center Andrew Bogut, who will sign a five-year extension with salary and bonuses worth up to $72.5 million

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

I really don't know why you're stonefacing the Bogut deal...a 23 yo who averaged 14 points, 10 boards, close to 3 assists, and close to 2 blocksper game, don't exactly grow on trees. I can see why his personality/comments can rub people the wrong way, but this is a GREAT deal, especially for a kidwho has gotten better with each season that he has been in the L. Dude is on the verge of becoming a top 2 center in the East.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

Originally Posted by PLAYOFF12

I really hope this T-Mac trade goes down.
laugh.gif
I'm a Rockets fan, but honestly, I dislike T-mac.
smh.gif

T-Mac for Billups and Prince!
eek.gif

Starting line up would be killer!
C - Yao Ming.
PF - Luis Scola.
SF - Shane Battier
SG - Tayshaun Prince.
PG - Chauncey Billups.

Bench, Umm?
C - Dikembe Mutumbo.
PF - Carl Landry/Mike Harris?
SF - Mike Harris/Carl Landy?
SG - Steve Francis/Luther Head.
PG - Rafer Alston/Bobby Jackson.

Reserves.
Novak/Hayes/Brooks.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No love for Dorsey?

Anyways, T-Mac/Head for Billups/Hamilton.

You guys get a SG, so you have Rafer/Rip/Shane/Luis/Ming

We get a new scorer in T-Mac, and keep Prince. Stuck/T-Mac/Prince/Sheed/Other. Then when T-Mac gets injured, Head/Stuck would start.
Yeah, idk if prince is much of a SG. Rip is obviously the better fit at SG. Yeah you forgot about Dorsey and Greene. If Greene can pan out like RashardLewis, man that would be nice.

What's everybody hate on T-Mac?

He basically carried the Rockets on his back in the playoffs the last couple of years.

He has a lot of heart and I think he could do well on the Pistons and help them.

I think

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Roger Mason is a good fit for the Spurs....

I dunno...I just don't have a good feeling about the Wizards going into this year...
ohwell.gif

we may be fighting for the 7 or 8 seed in the East.
o ye of little faith. Ok Roger Mason is a hometown kid, but come on he jacked it up everytime he touched the ball. Lets not forget this was acontract year, and a year when nothing was expected of him. And he doesnt do much except shoot, even seems streaky to me.

I think the wiz are still lookin in that 4-6 range seed for a playoff. Haywood has improved, even though I still think he sucks, and hopefully Nick Young willimprove.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

He basically carried the Rockets on his back in the playoffs the last couple of years.

He has a lot of heart and I think he could do well on the Pistons and help them.
42635d6ce0ab86c61f316c8f204f85fb23c5af0.pjpg

Originally Posted by jordan23mike23

lakers need to pull a sign and trade for Smooth

Lamar and walton for Smooth

Fish-Farmar
Kobe-Sasha
Smooth-Ariza
Gasol - Turiaf?
Bynum - Mihm?

Hell effing no.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

roll.gif
roll.gif

[h1]Lue believes he will sign with Suns[/h1]
43 comments by Paul Coro - Jul. 9, 2008 09:36 PM
The Arizona Republic

Disarmed of money to offer or much of a 2008 playoff pedigree, the Suns appear to still have recruiting wherewithal with free agency target Tyronn Lue saying that he believes he will sign with the Suns.

"I think we're going to get it done in Phoenix," Lue said Wednesday.

Signing Lue, 31, would fill Phoenix's free agency priority. Suns General Manager Steve Kerr has said he wanted a veteran point guard to back up Steve Nash and start for him about 12 times to rest Nash, 34.

Lue played his first three NBA seasons with Suns center Shaquille O'Neal on the Lakers, including the 2000 and 2001 champions. He went onto be a part-time starter for Washington, Orlando, Houston and Atlanta before he was dealt in the Mike Bibby trade to Sacramento in February.

Lue never played for the Kings before they waived him. Phoenix pursued Lue but he said last week that he chose Dallas in March because he feared former Suns coach Mike D'Antoni would only use seven players. Once Dallas re-signed J.J. Barea this week, Lue's group of preferred teams was down to Boston and Phoenix.

Lue, 6 feet and 175 pounds, has averaged 8.9 points and 3.3 assists per game (to 1.25 turnovers) in his career with a 38.9 percent 3-point percentage. He may not be known as a creator but he runs a stable point, is quick and defends well.

The Suns plan to use Leandro Barbosa exclusively as an off-guard, leaving D.J. Strawberry's combo guard game as the only other option at point unless second-round pick Goran Dragic is let out of his Tau Ceramica contract.

Because of its luxury tax forecast, Phoenix planned to limit itself to offering any free agent a one-year minimum contract. As a 10-year pro, Lue would make $1.26 million on a one-year deal but only about $800,000 of that will count on the Suns' payroll for salary cap and luxury tax purposes. A league fund offsets the remainder on one-year contracts.

Until this year, Lue had not been on a playoff team since 2001, when he shadowed Allen Iverson in the NBA Finals. He wanted a postseason chance when he picked Dallas over Phoenix in March, prompting O'Neal to tell Lue, "How are you going to say no to me?"

Lue had to be dismayed when his role vanished in the playoffs. He played two postseason minutes with Dallas keeping Jason Kidd and Jason Terry at the point.

Plus, there is the idea of saying no to O'Neal twice.

"He took me under his wing and did a lot for me and financially too," Lue said about O'Neal last week. "He always kept me confident and that was big for me. He gave me the confidence to play my game."

Lue also talked about leaning toward Phoenix last week, saying, "I feel really good about the Suns. I want to go to a winning team and a good organization. They have both those things."

With first-round draft pick Robin Lopez and Lue, the Suns would have 11 players under contract for 2008-09. The league roster minimum is 13.

[h1]Sorry for the delay. I was in line trying to get the mcfly's.....Lets just say that didn't workout....
laugh.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

[/h1]

[h1]Clippers Officially Sign Baron Davis[/h1]
Davis_Baron_gsw.jpg

The Los Angeles Clippers today solidified their point guard position for years to come with the announced signing of free agent Baron Davis to a multi-year contract. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced.

A two-time NBA All-Star (2002 and 2004), Davis averaged 21.8 points (12th in the NBA), 7.6 assists (6th in the NBA), 4.7 rebounds and 2.33 steals (3rd in the NBA) while playing in all 82 games for the Golden State Warriors during the 2007-08 season.

Davis was just one of four players in the league last season to average 20+ points and seven+ assists (Allen Iverson, LeBron James, Chris Paul) per game. The 6'3" guard also tied a career-high in scoring when he poured in 40 points at Chicago on January 18th, in addition to notching three triple-doubles on the season, bringing his career total to nine.

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...20080710/source_lakers_offer_odom_for_artest/[/h1]
[h1]Source: Lakers Offer Odom For Artest[/h1]
Artest_Ron_sac.jpg

According to a league source, the Lakers have contacted the Kings regarding Ron Artest and are believed to be offering forward Lamar Odom.

Kings' basketball President Geoff Petrie declined comment on whether the Lakers had called.

"Right now, (Artest is) just a terrific player to have on your roster," Petrie said. "I don't really have any speculation one way or another (about his future). We'll see what other things - not specific to Ron - but if there's some other way we can improve the team or change the team, we'll take a look at it."

If that artest & odom trade goes down that'll make them way more better on the defensive end and possibly offensive end too. But because of Ron's!%#*%#% he could've signed with the lakers for half the MLE and played alongside Odom

Disarmed of money to offer and without much of a 2008 playoff pedigree, the Suns appear to still have recruiting wherewithal with free-agency target Tyronn Lue, who said he expects to sign with the Suns. "I think we're going to get it done in Phoenix," Lue said Wednesday. Signing Lue, 31, would fill the Suns' free-agency priority. Suns General Manager Steve Kerr has said he wanted a veteran point guard to back up Steve Nash and start about 12 games to rest Nash, 34. Arizona Republic

With a payroll of approximately $70 million that is nearing the league's luxury tax threshold of $71.15 million, the Kings officially ended their free-agent shopping. The last potential order of business is the future of Ron Artest, the small forward who certainly could be traded before training camp. According to a league source, the Lakers already have contacted the Kings regarding Artest and are believed to be offering forward Lamar Odom. As of Tuesday evening, the Kings had not returned the call. They are expected to insist on forward Kenny Thomas and his $18 million of remaining salary (over two seasons) being included in that potential trade. Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie declined comment on whether the Lakers had called. Sacramento Bee

At 11:45 yesterday morning, Brand signed on the dotted line for a 5-year, $82 million deal. He was a Sixer. He was/is the rugged, low-post piece they had been missing. He had his reasons. "Golden State did offer more [a reported $90 million], and working with David [Falk], I'm sure it could have even gotten higher," said Brand, 29. "I coined a term - David, Ed and I-'Philly Max.' "They gave everything they could. Another team I passed on didn't come close to that. Just having the fact they believed in me and wanted to give me everything they could, even though it was less, that [hit] home with me. Made me say, 'Hey, that's the kind of people I want to work for, work with.' " Philadelphia Daily News

Falk scoffed at reports that, because the Clippers had renounced Brand, they could not have offered more than 5 years. "He was their player," Falk said. "They could have given their own player a sixth year. They could have gotten close to $100 million. It's all a matter that you have a chance to make a statement with your first offer. They elected to make an offer of $70 million, which wasn't enough to close the deal . . . Some people say timing is everything." Philadelphia Daily News

That leaves Josh Smith and Josh Childress still on the market, technically, but more likely than ever to return to the Hawks at a price the club likes as opposed to a price dictated by a team flush with cash to spend on free agents. No one is going to be scared of the Clippers (notorious for their penny pinching ways in the past) coming after their players. They'll simply match offers and keep it moving. Now that the NBA's salary cap number ($58.6 million) is out, teams should start moving quickly to wrap up free agency so we can get to the second stage of the summer fun, the trade season. Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower said the team has been involved in serious discussions with several free agents, but no deals were finalized Wednesday, the first day free agents could sign contracts. The Hornets continue to express interest in Boston free agent swingman James Posey and Detroit shooting guard Jarvis Hayes. They are also making a push to re-sign point guard Jannero Pargo, who is receiving interest from at least four different teams, according to his agent. New Orleans Times-Picayune

With Roger Mason Jr. headed to San Antonio, Nets are targeting Nugget Eduardo Najera and Pacer Kareem Rush. Nets like the Magic's Keyon Dooling, but he may be a bit pricey . . . Chicago held out Derrick Rose (knee tendinitis) . . . Kevin Durant, who played for Oklahoma City Tuesday, sat out against Nets. NY Post

So with Gordan Giricek likely headed to Europe for a more lucrative offer, the search for a wing backup player continues. Miles, who has been working out locally with former Suns trainer Robin Pound, was examined by the Suns medical staff on Wednesday - specifically, the right knee that has kept him out of the game for more than two years and led to a retirement settlement with Portland. East Valley Tribune

As he was last March, the 36-year-old Barry showed interest in signing with the Suns - even though they could only offer him the $1.262 veteran minimum salary. But all indications now are that Brent Barry will wind up in Houston, where the Rockets can offer him their bi-annual exception of $1.9 million. The Suns weren't in a position to match or beat the offer. If they fill their remaining roster spots with rookie Robin Lopez and nothing other than veteran minimum contracts, their payroll will be $76.1 million for the 2008-09 season. That's a shade under $5 million over the luxury tax, leaving the Suns with a payroll and tax bill over $80 million ($81.1 million) - the highest in franchise history. East Valley Tribune

Brand, who signed a five-year deal with the 76ers worth an estimated $82 million, originally received an offer from the Clippers last week for five years and $70 million, a deal that was delivered as a take-it-or-leave-it ultimatum, Falk said. "I wasn't angry, but I was surprised. You don't expect a team to give a franchise player an ultimatum. You wouldn't expect the Lakers to do that with Kobe Bryant. You wouldn't expect the Heat to do that with Dwyane Wade,"
Falk said. LA Times

Countered Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy: "After I supposedly gave him a take it or leave it offer, we raised the offer to $75 million and $81 million. They can spin this thing anyway they want to try and spin it. The bottom line is, anything Elton ever wanted I did it for him. They stopped having communication with us more than a week ago." LA Times

And finally, the player himself: "That was my intent to sign with the Clippers," Brand said Thursday. "But I'm not a lawyer. We need to make a deal. And in making the deal, it fell through."
Falk said Brand opted out of the final season of his contract with the Clippers, a season in which he was owed $16.4 million, with every intention of re-signing with the organization. LA Times

Others in the Clippers organization, including some of Brand's former teammates, believed a deal had been locked in place with him, especially after a verbal agreement was reached with free-agent point guard Baron Davis. Brand had text messaged teammates that he was excited about the prospects of the team, according to NBA sources who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to talk about player movements. LA Times

Coach Dunleavy: "I don't know what poisoned Elton against us. But obviously something did.
I loved Elton as a player. I'm disappointed and hurt that he left us, but I wish him the best in his future career in Philadelphia." LA Times

Point guard Baron Davis signed his five-year, $65-million contract with the Clippers on Wednesday night, the same day the Philadelphia 76ers officially announced their union with Elton Brand. Davis, a two-time All-Star, gives the team what it needed heading into the off-season, a proven point guard. Now, they turn to fill the void left by Brand at power forward. LA Times

To that end, Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy went to dinner with Atlanta Hawks restricted free-agent forward Josh Smith and Brian ****, one of his agents. The 6-foot-9 Smith, 22, averaged 17.2 points and 2.8 blocks last season. He quickly ascends to the top of the Clippers' wish list of players to replace Brand. LA Times

Mavericks: Negotiations are ongoing with Devean George(WHY?) and Antoine Wright. The Mavs would like to sign both. Wright would be especially good to bring back because at 6-7 and entering his fourth season in the league, Wright is maturing and the Mavs have been looking for a young, good-sized shooting guard who can defend. Wright fits that bill and with his experience playing alongside Jason Kidd for three seasons in New Jersey, he would be a nice piece to have running the wing. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

With the salary cap and mid-level exception set, the Mavericks went about the business of finalizing the free-agent contracts of DeSagana Diop and J.J. Barea on Wednesday... Diop's contract will start at $5,585,000. With the maximum eight percent raises, The five-year deal will be worth $32.393 million.
Dallas Morning News

The Mavericks are trying to find quality shooters in summer camp, which is smack-dab in Richie Frahm's wheelhouse. "He's what I call an NBA shooter," coach Rick Carlisle said. Dallas Morning News

NBA veteran Jason Williams, the former Florida Gator who helped the Miami Heat win a championship in 2006, wants to fill the Orlando Magic's role as a backup point guard to Jameer Nelson. Williams, 32, has played for the Sacramento Kings, Memphis Grizzlie and Miami Heat. He became an unrestricted free agent July 1. The Magic already have spoken about the possibility with Williams' agent Dan Tobin. Orlando Sentinel

Combo guard Keyon Dooling will not be returning to play for the Orlando Magic, NBA scources told the Sentinel on Wednesday. His camp indicated that the Magic did not have the money to sign Dooling, who played three seasons in Orlando. Orlando Sentinel

Mickael Pietrus is expected to arrive tonight and will sign his deal (Orlando Magic) Thursday --- a deal that his camp says is less than a reported $25 million. It is estimated at about $22 million over four years, with an early termination option the fourth year. Pietrus will be introduced Thursday during a news conference. Orlando Sentinel

Milwaukee Bucks centre Andrew Bogut will sign a US$72.5-million, five-year extension later this week
, his agent said Wednesday. Bogut, the top overall pick in the 2005 draft, was expected to sign the extension Friday, agent David Bauman said. The agreement was first reported Wednesday by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on its Web site. AP/Globe and Mail

General Manager Mitch Kupchak has heard the rumors that Lakers forward Ronny Turiaf received an offer sheet from the Golden State Warriors. He hasn't seen proof, though. Kupchak said Wednesday that he has not received by fax or registered mail notification that Turiaf, a restricted free agent, has signed with another team. "A lot of times where there's smoke, there's fire and I don't know if that's the case here," Kupchak said Wednesday Orange County Register

Mitch Kupchak said discussions with Sasha Vujacic, the Lakers' other restricted free agent, were "ongoing." He added: "Sasha and Ronny are desirable players and there have been inquires from teams for over a year now. Whether anything came yesterday, a week ago or a month ago, I'm going to keep it to myself." Orange County Register

Donnie Walsh signed two players - Danilo Gallinari and Chris Duhon - over the last two days while reminding reporters that he has the entire summer to revamp the Knicks. Trading or releasing Stephon Marbury is one move that is expected to take place between now and training camp.
Another player the Knicks are looking to part ways with is Jerome James, who earned more than $1million per minute last season. NY Daily News

The Knicks, according to a league source, are trying to convince Jerome James to retire based on his recent medical history, which includes left knee surgery last November. James appeared in just two games last season and sat out the final two months due to soreness in his right knee. NY Daily News

Jerome James, who will earn $12.8 million over the next two years, has every intention of playing next season and is even considering joining a group of veterans for voluntary workouts this weekend in Las Vegas. NY Daily News

The Bulls were concerned that Duhon enjoyed the nightlife a little too much during his time in Chicago. He reportedly missed some film sessions and shootarounds. "It's nothing," Duhon said. "My personal life is my personal life." Walsh acknowledged the concerns but said, "I think that will be behind him." Duhon is already showing his dedication to his new team. He plans to join several veterans for an informal series of workouts in Las Vegas, where the Knicks' summer-league team opens play next week. NY Times

Close associates of Walsh's and Coach Mike D'Antoni's said last week that the Knicks had resolved to cut ties with Marbury before training camp in October
. Those who were briefed required anonymity because the discussions were private. Team officials believe that chemistry was the Knicks' greatest problem last season, and that cutting ties with Marbury is a critical step in changing a losing culture. NY Times

Although a Celtics official has denied it, an NBA source said Posey was initially offered a three-year, $12 million deal by Boston, but the source said the Celtics have improved that offer. The most the Celtics can offer is the midlevel exception, expected to start at $5.58 million next season. At 31, the 6-foot-8-inch, 215-pound Posey seems to be interested in getting close to the midlevel exception and a lengthy deal. Boston currently has about $72 million committed in salary for next season and the salary cap, released last night, is $58.68 million, the luxury tax $71.15 million. Any team over the luxury tax has to pay a $1 tax for every $1 it exceeds the tax. Boston Globe

The Celtics are giving a strong look to Hornets free agent center Chris Andersen and have worked out free agent centers David Harrison, Patrick O'Bryant, and Randolph Morris and forward Darius Miles. Posey averaged 7.4 points and 4.4 rebounds while shooting 38 percent from 3-point range in 74 regular-season games in 2007-08, his first season with the Celtics. The two-time NBA champion, who is now at his offseason home in Houston, wasn't available for comment and Bartelstein said it's "not [Posey's] style" to speak during free agency. Boston Globe

The Washington Wizards were able to retain free agents Gilbert Arenas and Antawn Jamison, but yesterday the team lost its third and final free agent when shooting guard Roger Mason Jr
., a Washington area native and former Virginia star, agreed to two-year, $7.3 million contract with the San Antonio Spurs. Mason, who confirmed that an agreement was in place, averaged a career-high 9.1 points on 44.3 percent shooting in 80 games with the Wizards last season, his second with the team. Washington Post

Also yesterday, the Wizards signed Utah Jazz restricted free agent point guard Dee Brown
to an offer sheet for a two-year, partially guaranteed deal. Utah has one week to match the offer. Washington Post

According to multiple NBA sources, the Spurs have reached an agreement with Mason, a 6-foot-5 guard who spent the past two seasons in Washington
. The deal is expected to pay Mason $7.5 million over two seasons. Mason doesn't come with the sex appeal - or the scoring average - of Maggette. He is, however, coming off his best season as a pro. San Antonio Express-News

Kwame Brown, an unrestricted free agent who spent last season with the Los Angeles Lakers and Memphis Grizzlies, worked out Wednesday at the Cousins Center in front of Milwaukee Bucks officials and coach Scott Skiles. The Bucks, who signed starting center Andrew Bogut to a five-year contract extension Wednesday, are in the market for another backup big man in addition to Dan Gadzuric. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Bucks reached contract terms with second-round pick Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, the lanky 6-8 forward from UCLA. Mbah a Moute and first-round choice Joe Alexander were among the players taking part in a two-a-day drills Wednesday, in preparation for the NBA Summer League in Las Vegas. The Bucks' squad will open summer league play Saturday against the Memphis Grizzlies. Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

The Nets gave second-round draft pick Chris Douglas-Roberts a two-year contract yesterday, a minimum-wage deal that guarantees him $442,000 the first year and $736,000 for the second. Then the Memphis product celebrated by scoring 20 points in a 95-81 victory over Seattle in the Orlando Summer League. Brook Lopez (23 points) was the other standout. Newark Star-Ledger

And once again Pat Riley reiterated Shawn Marion isn't on the trading block. Palm Beach Post

James Jones, who has been working out in recent weeks in Weston at the YMCA, signed a contract that guarantees at least two seasons with the Heat at a starting salary of about $4 million.
The contract also has three additional years but allows the Heat maneuverability for the 2010 free-agency period, when its own Dwyane Wade, as well as LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Kobe Bryant and Amare Stoudemire could hit the open market. While there might have been more money eventually available elsewhere had he not committed on the first day of the NBA's free-agent signing period, Jones said he is at peace with the quick decision. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Warriors: Well, J-Rich is coming back - in the form of Corey Maggette. He's a terrific offensive player. A 6-foot-6 wing who can play two positions. A natural scorer who, thank goodness, enjoys driving to the hoop. Maggette is a nice player to have on your favorite team. So, too, was J-Rich. You may remember, though, that the Warriors never made the playoffs during those seasons when Richardson was their best player. That Chris Mullin was a raw NBA executive, working himself into a lather with jabs that usually missed. Oakland Tribune

Assuming Al Harrington will be traded - something he welcomes and the team is pursuing - a rotation including Monta Ellis, Stephen Jackson, Maggette, Marco Belinelli, Kelenna Azubuike, Brandan Wright, Andris Biedrins and Turiaf is explosive but incomplete. Who is to rebound? Can Ellis create for others? Who plays defense? There is talent, yes, but the current roster lacks the star power Davis brought. No one can make the kind of overall impact lost. That noise you hear is the sound of the Warriors sliding back toward the NBA outback, from the periphery of the playoffs into the vacuum that comes with a 36-46 record. Oakland Tribune

The Sacramento Kings re-signed point guard Beno Udrih on Wednesday, keeping Mike Bibby's successor with a five-year deal. The US$32 million contract pleased both Udrih and coach Reggie Theus,
who said he made a strong recommendation to top executive Geoff Petrie to keep Udrih. He averaged 12.8 points, 4.3 assists, 3.3 rebounds and 32 minutes in 65 games with the Kings. Udrih also scored a career-high 27 points against the Spurs on Nov. 26. AP/Toronto Sun

The Hornets also hope to bring back reserve point guard Jannero Pargo, who also is represented by Bartelstein. "We've had some pretty strong discussion and strong dialogue with a large number of prospects," said Hornets general manager Jeff Bower, who declined to mention any players' names. AP/Globe and Mail

Three years after coming from Spain as a little-known free agent, Jose Calderon is finally first on the Toronto Raptors' depth chart at point guard - with a five-year contract worth in the range of $45-million (U.S.)
as an exclamation point. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy, by all accounts. "We all know he's about the team first," Raptors head coach Sam Mitchell said yesterday. "He puts everyone in that locker room ahead of himself." AP/Globe and Mail

The Memphis Grizzlies signed Spanish centre Marc Gasol on Wednesday, finishing off the last piece of a trade that sent his older brother, all-star Pau, to the Los Angeles Lakers in February. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. "Marc is a very skilled centre in terms of his shooting and passing, possesses outstanding toughness, and is a winning, team-oriented player," general manager Chris Wallace said. "He has done a remarkable job transforming his body. Marc is one of the premier players in Europe." AP/Globe and Mail

The Heat agreed to a three-year deal with second-round pick Mario Chalmers Wednesday. Two years are guaranteed and his starting salary will be around $700,000, more than $250,000 above the league minimum salary. The deal says a lot about how high the Heat front office is on the former Kansas point guard and NCAA Final Four Most Outstanding Player. Remember, the Heat gave up two future second-round picks in the trade with Minnesota to get Chalmers, after he was drafted No. 34. Miami Herald

Chicago guard and NBA top pick Derrick Rose sat out of action Wednesday with tendinitis in his right knee. Rose said that it was "just being cautious" and that he expected to be back in action Thursday, however. He said it got stiff while he was taking a jump shot in Tuesday's 89-84 victory against the Indiana Pacers. The condition actually started when he was playing at Memphis, and he had it in both knees. Orlando Sentinel

Despite being eligible to receive as little as the rookie minimum of $442,114 for a single season, point guard Mario Chalmers instead was rewarded Wednesday with a three-year package worth around $2.3 million.
After spending two future second-round picks and $2 million in a draft-night trade with Minnesota to acquire the No. 34 pick in last month's NBA Draft, the Heat opted to lock up the point guard out of Kansas long enough to retain the eventual right to match any future outside offer. South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Mario Chalmers has looked pretty impressive so far, looks like a steal. I wonder if he can start at PG for the Heat?

Mavericks: Negotiations are ongoing with Devean George(WHY?) and Antoine Wright. The Mavs would like to sign both. Wright would be especiallygood to bring back because at 6-7 and entering his fourth season in the league, Wright is maturing and the Mavs have been looking for a young, good-sizedshooting guard who can defend. Wright fits that bill and with his experience playing alongside Jason Kidd for three seasons in New Jersey, he would be a nicepiece to have running the wing. Fort Worth Star-Telegram

YES!!! I'll take back Devean George if it means bringing back Wright.

PLEAAAASSE.

BDiddy is my dude and all, but they are trying to make it seem like the paper clips just got a rookie pg...... talking about they have solidified their pgposition for years to come. Like what? 1-2 more years of solid play before his decline falls rapidly. Baron is 30......

Back
Top Bottom